Author Topic: Clinton attack featuring Miss Universe was months in the making, email shows  (Read 2325 times)

Oceander

In other words, the Clinton campaign did its research - it acted like a competent political campaign - unlike Trump, who didn't even want his own people to know the skeletons the Clinton team already knew about.

Stupid, stupid bleep.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I agree 100%. If the Republicans had found and exposed this (and other dirty laundry), we may well have been spared the spectacle of Trump as the Republican nominee. The Clinton camp must have been out of their minds with glee when it became official that she'd be running against Trump.

She even signaled that she would be baiting him in her acceptance speech. And yet, he fell right into her trap. Just duh. I'd do the same thing if my opponent were as quick to take the bait as Trump is.
But they always try to play fair and not stoop to such things. yada yada yada. The party of the mighty RTM is firmly convinced that people don't like negative campaigns or the dirty side of politics. Heck, they probably still believe that despite the Hillary and Trump running the most negative campaigns we've seen in a long while. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline dfwgator

All's fair.

Silver Pines

"Months in the making", as most October surprises are.  @HAPPY2BME, are you new to politics?

Blame that oaf Trump for stepping right into the trap.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I don't like to say I told ya so. But I did predict the media had plenty of ammo ready and waiting once the primaries were done. So much for Trump being the only one that could win.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Again, Machado's beef has been known publicly for 20 years. Even a blind squirrel would have found that nut. What made it foolish is how he responded: by having his camp send out a hit piece against her in the Daily Mail.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And Rubio just didn't voice his opposition well.  He needed to sound more like the adult in the room rather than lower himself to the level of Trump.  Hard to do, I'm sure, but it would have elevated Rubio instead of knocking him down a peg.
I have to admit, though: his "small hands" attack was probably the most enduring thing to actually stick against Trump, and for that I have to give him a LOT of credit.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

I have to admit, though: his "small hands" attack was probably the most enduring thing to actually stick against Trump, and for that I have to give him a LOT of credit.

Frankly given his material & timing Rubio would be better off in a career doing standup. I thought he was really funny.