Author Topic: Military Times Poll- Active Duty Satisfaction With Presidential Candidates (infographic)  (Read 1675 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

HAPPY2BME

88 RETIRED U.S. GENERALS AND ADMIRALS ENDORSE TRUMP

Today 88 retired U.S. generals and admirals, including four 4-star and fourteen 3-star flag officers, signed an open letter endorsing Donald J. Trump for president.The letter was organized by Major General Sidney Shachnow and Rear Admiral Charles Williams.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/88-retired-u.s.-generals-and-admirals-endorse-trump

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I would be curious as to the response to a viral campaign of "do not reenlist" as the result of an election.  In other words, encourage troops who don't like the results of an election to not reenlist, or even not to enlist in the first place.

At some point, it is fair to question what is worth defending.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Today 88 retired U.S. generals and admirals, including four 4-star and fourteen 3-star flag officers, signed an open letter endorsing Donald J. Trump for president.The letter was organized by Major General Sidney Shachnow and Rear Admiral Charles Williams.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/88-retired-u.s.-generals-and-admirals-endorse-trump

Nearly 65% don't endorse Trump. A combined near 75% either don't want him or don't care.

So that takes your 'Military loves Trump propaganda off the table decisively.

Offline ABX

And many retired generals and admirals warn that Trump is dangerous.
http://www.stripes.com/news/former-admirals-and-generals-warn-trump-is-dangerous-to-military-and-country-1.430242

In both cases, you basically have the establishment of the military.

Military Time's poll is from active duty service men and women. IE, the working man, the ones who count and the ones most impacted by the decisions from the top.

Offline Norm Lenhart

And many retired generals and admirals warn that Trump is dangerous.
http://www.stripes.com/news/former-admirals-and-generals-warn-trump-is-dangerous-to-military-and-country-1.430242

In both cases, you basically have the establishment of the military.

Military Time's poll is from active duty service men and women. IE, the working man, the ones who count and the ones most impacted by the decisions from the top.

I find it hard to believe that the rank and file is going to follow retired generals recommendations considering most rank and file are glad many of those generals are 'retired'.

Offline ABX

Nearly 65% don't endorse Trump. A combined near 75% either don't want him or don't care.

Dang, that's bad. Usually the military swings 90% Republican. That's a big loss there.

It goes to show, Trump writes press releases like Gateway Pundit writes headlines.

Offline ABX

I find it hard to believe that the rank and file is going to follow retired generals recommendations considering most rank and file are glad many of those generals are 'retired'.

rank and file probably remember it is those retired generals and admirals that made decisions that made it difficult to do their jobs, such as making rules of engagement almost suicidal.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Dang, that's bad. Usually the military swings 90% Republican. That's a big loss there.

It goes to show, Trump writes press releases like Gateway Pundit writes headlines.

Whats worse is that the military is a lot more liberal in the rank and file than it used to be. And they STILL returned numbers like this.

Johnson however is doing pretty well and that reflects the liberalization. Many of the younger people in the military are still unfortunately liberal but they arent communist yet. Hillary's liberalism isn't selling and neither is Trumps.

Offline Norm Lenhart

rank and file probably remember it is those retired generals and admirals that made decisions that made it difficult to do their jobs, such as making rules of engagement almost suicidal.

Eeeeeeeee-YUP!

HAPPY2BME

More Retired US Military Officials Endorse Trump

by John Stryker Meyer / JNS.org

The number of retired U.S. military generals and admirals endorsing Donald Trump in an open letter has grown from 90 to 162, says the only Holocaust survivor signing it, retired Green Beret Maj. Gen. Sidney Shachnow, a key proponent behind the effort.

Shachnow and retired Rear Admiral Charles Williams organized the letter and signature collection earlier this month, citing Trump’s commitment to rebuilding the military, securing the borders, defeating Islamic supremacy and restoring law and order.

Fourteen Medal of Honor recipients are among the 72 new signatories, Shachnow told JNS.org from his North Carolina home.

http://www.jns.org/latest-articles/2016/9/15/more-retired-us-generals-and-admirals-line-up-for-trump#.V94fOldOLFI=

Offline Night Hides Not

Disagree with the 90%, it's closer to 50/50, due to the composition of today's military, i.e. more women and feminization of the military under Obama.

Whenever a young person asks me about doing military service, I try to give them a balanced view. I'm proud of my service, but the military has changed enormously since I left active duty nearly 32 years ago.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Norm Lenhart

More Retired US Military Officials Endorse Trump

by John Stryker Meyer / JNS.org

The number of retired U.S. military generals and admirals endorsing Donald Trump in an open letter has grown from 90 to 162, says the only Holocaust survivor signing it, retired Green Beret Maj. Gen. Sidney Shachnow, a key proponent behind the effort.

Shachnow and retired Rear Admiral Charles Williams organized the letter and signature collection earlier this month, citing Trump’s commitment to rebuilding the military, securing the borders, defeating Islamic supremacy and restoring law and order.

Fourteen Medal of Honor recipients are among the 72 new signatories, Shachnow told JNS.org from his North Carolina home.

http://www.jns.org/latest-articles/2016/9/15/more-retired-us-generals-and-admirals-line-up-for-trump#.V94fOldOLFI=

Offline Night Hides Not

I'm one of the least likely to follow recommendations of retired generals. My dining facility at Fort Bliss was the site of regular visits of retired field grade and general officers. I heard about it when things weren't to their liking, and they generally disrupted the work flow of my cooks.

However, there are a few names that positively jumped out at me:

McInerney
Richard Secord
Jay Garner: I knew him when he was an LTC, and Bn Cdr of our sister battalion in Germany, proved himself as a great leader.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I'm one of the least likely to follow recommendations of retired generals. My dining facility at Fort Bliss was the site of regular visits of retired field grade and general officers. I heard about it when things weren't to their liking, and they generally disrupted the work flow of my cooks.

However, there are a few names that positively jumped out at me:

McInerney
Richard Secord
Jay Garner: I knew him when he was an LTC, and Bn Cdr of our sister battalion in Germany, proved himself as a great leader.

Even the greatest leaders make mistakes sometimes.

Honestly, I'm not surprised the brass would be accepting of anyone not named Clinton. But like the average Trumpbot, they locked on to that one aspect of the dynamic to the exclusion of all others. They can't control him any more than they could control Obama, so thats not a consideration. Trump is no more, and to be honest LESS military aware than Clinton is so thats out too.

All they have to hang a helmet on is "He isn't Hillary". Then why not elect Charlie Sheen. That way they get all of Trump's behavior and lack of reason without actually having to support Trump. Thats all "He ain't Hillary" comes down to.

Lesser evil 101. Fails every time it's deployed. So either they arent the great leaders people think they are, or they are fear voting. Or both. And if we have Generals too scared to vote on principle, it does not speak well for the leadership of the military.

HonestJohn

88?

What an amazing coincidence.

Neo-Nazis use the number 88 as an abbreviation for the Nazi salute Heil Hitler.

Talk about a Trumpian 'dog whistle' to his loyal base.