Author Topic: Paul Ryan Could Be Ousted In 4 Weeks, Lame Duck Would Be In Chaos (Forbes)  (Read 1438 times)

Online corbe

Paul Ryan Could Be Ousted In 4 Weeks, Lame Duck Would Be In Chaos
Stan Collender ,  Contributor

I may have been way too optimistic a week ago when I posted that it was “hard to come up with a realistic scenario that ends with Paul Ryan (R-WI) as speaker of the House of Representatives in the next Congress.”

Never mind the next Congress: It now looks like Ryan could be deposed or forced to resign this Congress in the lame duck session that begins a week after Election Day.

In other words, Ryan may no longer be speaker about four weeks from now.

I say this after hearing from several highly reliable sources that the House Freedom Caucus is seriously considering doing to Ryan what it did to former Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) by threatening him with a privileged motion to vacate the chair. If a majority of the House supported the motion, Ryan would be removed immediately as speaker.

<..snip..>

MORE

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2016/10/23/paul-ryan-could-be-ousted-in-3-weeks-throw-the-lame-duck-into-chaos/#2f57dc9b7bba
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

And the Trump-led GOP just keeps eating itself.

Remind me, isn't the contest supposed to be between GOP and DNC, not between bleep GOP and Rational-People GOP?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Will never happen if he keeps the House, because he kept the HoR with a terrible buffoonish candidate.

That's why they kept Boehner too.

Offline sinkspur

Won't happen.  The Freedom Goobers represent about 12% of the GOP Caucus and that's not enough to do anything.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

The next idiot is stepping up to the stage:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The next idiot is stepping up to the stage:

This would happen in my state, I wll not support him in the primaries if anyone decent is running, but will vote for him over Elizabeth Warren, a woman I find reprehensible on so many levels.

90% of the women I know cannot stand Warren or her swarmy personality.

I will say that I think unseating Warren will be next to impossible.

Online corbe

There currently are 246 GOP House members, so almost 89% of the caucus would have to support the motion for it to be adopted.

But 19 of the 246 Republicans are retiring at the end of this Congress and at least 10 more are expected to be defeated by Democrats on Election Day. If the past is any indication, the votes of these soon-to-be-leaving members will become far less reliable in the lame duck. Many might not vote as they have to move out of their their offices and begin to look for a job.

The article suggests this is the rumblings of the House Freedom Caucus, How far up Trumps a$$ are they?  Not very would be my guess.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online kevindavis007

Won't happen.  The Freedom Goobers represent about 12% of the GOP Caucus and that's not enough to do anything.

I also think the Shutdown Caucus is going to be losing a few more seats after this election..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

HonestJohn

And the Trump-led GOP just keeps eating itself.

Remind me, isn't the contest supposed to be between GOP and DNC, not between bleep GOP and Rational-People GOP?

We've got the Trumpists who are simply nihilists that want to destroy our nation. 

They would like to shut down the Supreme court by refusing to vet any replacements; shut down the entire Federal government by refusing any budgets; cut off international trade to destroy our economy; and desire a more active use of nuclear weapons, per Trump's words, resulting in retaliation by other nuclear powers.

Basically, a bunch of domestic enemies of our nation and Constitution.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:27:22 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Night Hides Not

We've got the Trumpists who are simply nihilists that want to destroy our nation. 

They would like to shut down the Supreme court by refusing to vet replacements; shut down the entire Federal government by refusing any budgets; cut off international trade to destroy our economy; and desire a more active use of nuclear weapons, per Trump's words, resulting in retaliation by other nuclear powers.

My prescription for dealing with this election is simple: listen to the audio book of The Federalist Papers while out walking. I'm preparing myself for the ideological battles to come, once the cult of personality is struck down on 11/8.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online kevindavis007

Re: Paul Ryan Could Be Ousted In 4 Weeks, Lame Duck Would Be In Chaos (Forbes)
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 04:20:37 pm »

They would like to shut down the Supreme court by refusing to vet replacements; shut down the entire Federal government by refusing any budgets; cut off international trade to destroy our economy; and desire a more active use of nuclear weapons, per Trump's words, resulting in retaliation by other nuclear powers.

Well they are part of the burn it down crowd and rebuild it in their own way.  To be fair it is more than Trumpists who want to burn everything in the ground..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline goatprairie

Re: Paul Ryan Could Be Ousted In 4 Weeks, Lame Duck Would Be In Chaos (Forbes)
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 11:39:13 pm »

Well they are part of the burn it down crowd and rebuild it in their own way.  To be fair it is more than Trumpists who want to burn everything in the ground..
I see you too have been struck by how many Trumpsters want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I'm not crazy about the lack of strong opposition to King Barack's communist program either.
But to deny constitutional conservatives have not made any progress whatsoever in the last 30-40 years is just not true.
At any rate,  Trumpsters choosing the least conservative "Republican" for the last forty years to be their "conservative" standard bearer seems to me to be the height of fecklessness.