Author Topic: I don’t care if I stand alone, as long as I stand with Christ  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I don’t care if I stand alone, as long as I stand with Christ
« on: October 23, 2016, 04:35:26 am »

I've never written much on politics before, but this will be my fifth article on the 2016 Election.

The reason I've written these articles on the 2016 Election is because of the grave effect its had on my brothers and sisters in Christ. This is the first election I can recall in my 47 years, that has caused such strong fear and deep division among Christians. And honestly, I'm quite perplexed by it all. I'm grieved to the core about how fearful many Christians have become. I'm heartbroken over the self-preservation that's overtaken so many saints in Christ, that they're willing...no, more than willing...they are fully committed to sacrifice biblical precepts and mandates to save their personal agendas and interests.

Many of the evangelicals who are voting for Donald Trump keep shouting, "We're not voting for a pastor, we're voting for a president!" I know that. And I agree. However, agreeing that I am not voting for a pastor, but a Commander-in-Chief of the United States of America, doesn't mean I've lost all my discernment as a Christian. Just because I'm not voting for a religious office doesn't mean that I throw away God's Word, disregard the Holy Spirit's leading, and abandon my love for Christ and His commands of how one of His disciples ought to think, feel, and live in this world.

Dr. Robert Jeffress has proclaimed that any Christian who doesn't vote for Donald Trump is a fool. Jack Graham and many other notable name brand Christian "leaders" agree. To make things worse, Jerry Falwell, Jr. (President of Liberty University) has gone so far as to compare Donald Trump's reprehensible character, to that of King David's. What?! Perhaps Falwell meant King Saul? I know their reigns were one after another. Perhaps he got these two kings mixed up? Because who in their right mind would compare a megalomaniacal, unashamedly and boastingly immoral, and flagrant liar to be like King David—the only sinner whom God proclaimed has a heart after His?

Now, a comparison to Barabbas (which I've already written about) or King Saul, I would agree. King Saul is the man that the ungrateful, entitled, and rebellious people of Israel asked for from the LORD. He's the one whom God warned the Israelites, "These will be the ways of the king who will reign over you: he will take your sons and appoint them to his chariots and to be his horsemen and to run before his chariots. And he will appoint for himself commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and some to plow his ground and to reap his harvest, and to make his implements of war and the equipment of his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive orchards and give them to his servants. He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vineyards and olive orchards and give it to his officers and to his servants. He will take your male servants and female servants and the best of your young men and your donkeys, and put them to his work. He will take the tenth of your flocks, and you shall be his slaves. And in that day you will cry out because of your king, whom you have chosen for yourselves, but the LORD will not answer you in that day." (1 Samuel 8:11-18) Now this sounds more like the character and actions of Donald Trump.

The main arguments to vote for Trump have been summarized and supported by Jack Graham in an article he wrote for a Fox News Opinion piece (June 22, 2016):
1."[H]is core appeal resiliently overshadows his flaws"
2."[H]e will fight for the issues that matter most to conservatives...Supreme Court Nominees, protection and sanctity of life, Religious Liberty..."
3."Donald Trump says he will support those issues that conservative evangelicals care about. Hillary Clinton promises she won’t."

I am not convinced to do anything because a man said I should...except if that man is Jesus Christ...then I'm convinced. And since I can't find anything in Scripture that supports anything Jack Graham, Robert Jeffress, Jerry Falwell, Jr., James Dobson and all the other name brand Christians and false teachers (e.g., Paula White, Jentezen Franklin, Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, etc.) on Trump's "Evangelical Advisory Board" have purported as solidly "biblical" reasons, I refuse to acquiesce.

I am deeply saddened to hear that Jack Graham and others believe that the things that Christians care most about are the things of this earth. Yes, I care about the sanctity of life. I care about religious liberty. I care about the sanctity of marriage as God has ordained. But all these are secondary issues. The primary issue I care most about is the one that Christ my Lord has told me to care most about—the sanctity of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And this is what is being attacked by Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. This is why they are, in my eyes, the equal of two evils.

Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton openly mock the Gospel of Christ by proclaiming to have a form of Christianity, while they deny the power of Christ in salvation (2 Tim 3:5). Trump has openly and unashamedly proclaimed that he has never repented (asked God for forgiveness) because he doesn't feel he needs to be forgiven of anything here and here.

Furthermore, near the end of an interview with Cal Thomas in June 2016, Thomas asks Trump, "Who do you say Jesus is?" Trump says, "Jesus to me is somebody I can think about for security and confidence. Somebody I can revere in terms of bravery and in terms of courage and, because I consider the Christian religion so important, somebody I can totally rely on in my own mind." Prior to this question, Cal Thomas asked, "You have said you never felt the need to ask for God’s forgiveness, and yet repentance for one’s sins is a precondition to salvation. I ask you the question Jesus asked of Peter: Who do you say He is?" Trump's response, "I will be asking for forgiveness, but hopefully I won’t have to be asking for much forgiveness. As you know, I am Presbyterian and Protestant. I’ve had great relationships and developed even greater relationships with ministers. We have tremendous support from the clergy. I think I will be doing very well during the election with evangelicals and with Christians...I’m going to treat my religion, which is Christian, with great respect and care."

Below is a clip from Trump's CNN interview with Anderson Cooper where Trump proudly proclaims his false gospel of the false jesus he believes in.

-end excerpt

http://www.sunnyshell.org/2016/10/nevertrump-neverhillary-but-still-voting.html
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:36:32 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: I don’t care if I stand alone, as long as I stand with Christ
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 06:11:26 pm »
Thank you for posting this. It needed to be said, and this says it well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 07:05:19 pm »
We basically have the Globalist and the Authoritarian. No real choice there.

Bottom line is this: our debt has caught up to us, and we are going to feel the pain within the next few years. Doesn't matter who's President, that's not going to change. People need to get hunkered down to ride the storm and quit thinking that choosing one over the other is going to change something.
The Republic is lost.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 10:27:29 pm »
Bookmarking

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 10:46:04 pm »
Thank you for posting this. It needed to be said, and this says it well.

Your welcome.  I thought this said it extremely well also.  Knowing it and being able to put words to it are two different things.  The author hits a chord.  Something I got today.  Lean not on your own understanding.  I think something all Christians know but sometime we forget the reverent fear of the Lord and where our hope comes from.

Thanks,
Chosen
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline American Faith Today

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 12:57:13 am »
Christians have sadly forgotten or willfully tossed aside where their hope lies, where their duty, their first duty lies, and have deluded themselves into believing that Donald Trump has their chief interests at heart.

If the enemy, and I know we have our conspiracy theories, and look Trump and Clinton working together may or may not be true... but if the enemy wanted to plant a spy or trojan horse, could they have done it any better than this election?

The dominant two party system must be done away with or must be changed because it traps people into simply voting for one of the two parties no matter what.  That conditions people to accept any party-come-lately who promises they're one of them and promises to go get the no goods in the other party.

One wonders if Al Gore declared he was now a Republican who had views that evolved and ran against Hillary Clinton if the Trump supporters would have dutifully supported him.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 02:27:58 am »
Christians have sadly forgotten or willfully tossed aside where their hope lies, where their duty, their first duty lies, and have deluded themselves into believing that Donald Trump has their chief interests at heart.

If the enemy, and I know we have our conspiracy theories, and look Trump and Clinton working together may or may not be true... but if the enemy wanted to plant a spy or trojan horse, could they have done it any better than this election?

The dominant two party system must be done away with or must be changed because it traps people into simply voting for one of the two parties no matter what.  That conditions people to accept any party-come-lately who promises they're one of them and promises to go get the no goods in the other party.

One wonders if Al Gore declared he was now a Republican who had views that evolved and ran against Hillary Clinton if the Trump supporters would have dutifully supported him.
I doubt that most Trump supporters would have bought into the Anthropogenic Global Warming scam, but then, I have been surprised before.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 03:36:10 am »

Donald Trump isn't far from a Al Gore.  We see that we have indeed elected a New York Liberal as the Republican Party candidate.  And it is true that people are so fearful that they have forgotten that they shouldn't lean on their own understanding.  But stand firm in the hope of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 03:59:10 am »
Donald Trump isn't far from a Al Gore.  We see that we have indeed elected a New York Liberal as the Republican Party candidate.  And it is true that people are so fearful that they have forgotten that they shouldn't lean on their own understanding.  But stand firm in the hope of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Behind the global warming scam was the potential for Soros, Maurice Strong, and Al Gore to make (literally) trillions of dollars on the carbon credit exchange. Absent legislation requiring that scam, they lost their relatively paltry initial investments and the exchanges were closed. Had it gone through, they would have been part of a class of uber rich the richest on the planet can only dream of.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 05:07:17 am »
Behind the global warming scam was the potential for Soros, Maurice Strong, and Al Gore to make (literally) trillions of dollars on the carbon credit exchange. Absent legislation requiring that scam, they lost their relatively paltry initial investments and the exchanges were closed. Had it gone through, they would have been part of a class of uber rich the richest on the planet can only dream of.

Yep what a scam KYOTO protocol was.  The carbon credit exchange.  Exempting countries like China and India.

One scam to another.  For Trump not global warming but "believe me" it is a scam.

Conservatives Have Groomed the Perfect Suckers for Trump’s Epic Scam

https://newrepublic.com/article/134667/conservatives-groomed-perfect-suckers-trumps-epic-scam

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 06:39:38 am »

Yep what a scam KYOTO protocol was.  The carbon credit exchange.  Exempting countries like China and India.

One scam to another.  For Trump not global warming but "believe me" it is a scam.

Conservatives Have Groomed the Perfect Suckers for Trump’s Epic Scam

https://newrepublic.com/article/134667/conservatives-groomed-perfect-suckers-trumps-epic-scam

Great article at the link, there, and for my part, Duh!

It isn't just the lists which are money in the bank, but ads on websites, and the ever running branded panic that keeps people looking for the next whatchamajigger they absolutely need to survive the next financial meltdown/grid failure/EMP/crop blight/terrorist attack/government power grab.
I wonder how many AR-15s sit new in the box and never zeroed, just waiting for TEOTWAWKI, alongside 1000 rounds or more of ammo and enough freeze dried food to last for months with a 25 year shelf life?
Hard to say.

But when both 'sides' (Democrat and Republican) have their respective voter plantations, it's no surprise that they are regularly scamming the faithful and skimming the till. The beauty of this mess is that so many of those charlatans have been exposed by embracing Trump, the till take will either go down as principled Conservatives avoid the websites and broadcasts and thus the products advertised, get their names dropped from mailing lists by clicking 'unsubscribe' (when it works), and just don't buy the hype any more (or it will go up with the Trump faithful feeding the machine). After all, that panic is what has kept the faithful on the plantation, being stampeded from one side of the pasture to the other in the freakout du jour, and also effectively kept them from exploring other political Party options because ONLY so and so has the answer, and ONLY so and so can save the country, and you need such and such to do your part! No to mention sending in your generous donation without which little children will starve right here in the good old US of A.

Yep, I'm seeing it. It's why my charity giving has generally been local with large charities checked out before they get a dime. Aggressive ones get less money, simply because they will get money when I have it, and if they are spending my donations on swarms of mailers, calendars, mailing labels (I used to discard by the pound), and other such gimmicks, they aren't spending that money on what I donated it for. If that nickel will save a life in Appalachia, what is it doing in the fundraising envelope? I could go on, but the industrial take in the midst of panic must be huge, and while we might howl about the mote in the Liberal eye, we do need to examine the beam in our own.

Thanks for the perspective!

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 09:27:23 am »
What a load of self-righteous garbage, this isn't a news story and doesn't belong here.  This is just a blog entry; anyone can write a story and blog it here.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:28:02 am by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 09:33:23 am »
What a load of self-righteous garbage, this isn't a news story and doesn't belong here.  This is just a blog entry; anyone can write a story and blog it here.
There you go again...

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 09:42:38 am »
The writer of this piece, not being white, I question their point of view. Racism does work 2 ways.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 09:45:43 am »
The writer of this piece, not being white, I question their point of view. Racism does work 2 ways.
Obviously. I hadn't attributed any 'color' to it nor the writer.
Content, not color and all that.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 09:53:00 am »
The author's sickening self-righteousness is not going to change my vote to vote against the right to life of the innocents in this world. The GOP has the most pro-life Republican ever on the ticket in Mike Pence, more than Reagan, more than Palin or Ryan.  People like Erick Ericson or this writer don't have a clue.

We shouldn't judge what is in the heart of other men or their faith. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 09:56:32 am »

Only racism I'm seeing here is in your post. No one else seems to care if the writer is black, white, brown or orange.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DB

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 09:59:00 am »

B.S. We are required to judge people carefully when they are asking for the authority of our vote placing them in the most powerful office on earth. To claim otherwise is just plain evil. It is deception of the worst kind.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 11:02:13 am »
The author's sickening self-righteousness is not going to change my vote to vote against the right to life of the innocents in this world. The GOP has the most pro-life Republican ever on the ticket in Mike Pence, more than Reagan, more than Palin or Ryan.  People like Erick Ericson or this writer don't have a clue.

Do you even read what you write?

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 01:13:00 pm »
I'd say the idiot author stands with Satan; have their anti-life ways. Flimsy reasoning, racism is a two way street and I wouldn't rule it out with her.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 01:16:41 pm »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.