Author Topic: TRUMP: A BETTER CANDIDATE THAN REAGAN  (Read 14945 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: TRUMP: A BETTER CANDIDATE THAN REAGAN
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 02:08:40 pm »
Yet the 'stupid' people defeated the 'smart' people in the primary and stand poised to run the country...and there's not a damn thing you can do about it either.  :laugh:

There usually are more stupid people than smart people so in a contest of numbers where stupid people are involved the stupid people usually win. But they are still stupid.

What I can do about it however is survive the Hillary presidency the stupid people brought on America with their so called victory, whereas the stupid people will be her first targets. Useful idiots have a history of being exactly that. Because...stupid.

Silver Pines

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 02:12:54 pm »
Yet the 'stupid' people defeated the 'smart' people in the primary and stand poised to run the country...and there's not a damn thing you can do about it either.  :laugh:

@Longmire

Stay right there in your little Trump bubble where reality can't penetrate, and keep telling yourself he's "poised to run the country" until real life smacks you upside the head on the evening of November 8th.  You and your fellow Trump fans will be rending your garments and wailing that you won't be able to bear life without Donald.  And most of you will rush to subscribe to his news channel---suckers to the end.

You're responsible for that lousy, pathetic joke of a candidate, and you find it funny.  You deserve the rude awakening that's headed your way.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 02:25:49 pm »
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:01:55 pm by Mod2 »

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 02:26:44 pm »
Her's a little more. Romney not only passed abortion laws, he profited from them via Stericycle. His voters made a conscious decision to trade a win with an abortion profiteer for the lives of babies. They lost, the GOP went left and a guy like Trump became possible.

No one that voted for that pos has the right to say SQUAT about either abortion, which my comment to the trump droid was intended for in the first place, or complain about the party running off a cliff when they are as responsible for that as the Trump supporter is for the coming Hillary presidency.

If you are proud of your vote for the above, as well as the man that fathered gay marriage in America, created the core of Obamacare and attacked conservatives before and since his failed campaign with as much fervor as Trump, that speaks for itself.

@Norm Lenhart

And therein is why I am #NeverTrump.

Twice I held my nose and pulled the lever for a candidate I wasn't excited about. Not my first choice. The lesser of two evils. Flawed, but better than the alternative.

Since then, I've repeatedly had those votes held over me: "Yeah, but did you vote for McCain/Romney???"

I'm done. No one will ever be able to say to me, "Yeah, but did you vote for Trump," without getting the answer back, "HELL NO."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 02:31:26 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

And therein is why I am #NeverTrump.

Twice I held my nose and pulled the lever for a candidate I wasn't excited about. Not my first choice. The lesser of two evils. Flawed, but better than the alternative.

Since then, I've repeatedly had those votes held over me: "Yeah, but did you vote for McCain/Romney???"

I'm done. No one will ever be able to say to me, "Yeah, but did you vote for Trump," without getting the answer back, "HELL NO."

GOOD! You broke the conditioning. Few do. People like you are exactly why I push this so hard. Because we ALL can stand up and say 'no more'. If we want to.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 02:33:46 pm »
Removed by MOD

Just remember AZ is a Castle Doctrine state keyboard Kommando. Choose wisely. And LEGALLY. We will.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:11:53 pm by Mod2 »

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 02:42:03 pm »
Just remember AZ is a Castle Doctrine state keyboard Kommando. Choose wisely. And LEGALLY. We will.

:thumbsup:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 02:47:54 pm »
Removed by MOD.

What is that supposed to mean?  @Longmire
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:09:54 pm by Mod2 »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 03:02:28 pm »
Or is the story from an alternate universe?

World Nut Doily.... same difference.

Silver Pines

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 03:04:13 pm »
@Longmire

After getting it so completely wrong on Cruz (despite repeated warnings) you have to ask yourself who's really the one living in a bubble?  :pondering:

Not I.  Days out from the Indiana primary, it began to be clear that Cruz was in trouble.  As it drew closer, it looked like he was going to lose.  I didn't bother to delude myself that everything was great and he would win in a landslide.  What would have been the point? 

Removed by MOD

And what kind of "fun" would that be, snowflake?  I don't take to intimidation, especially when it comes from a Trump brownshirt.  You get me?

Here in central Virginia, we're well-prepared to defend ourselves and our homes, so any Trump yahoo who could actually drag his ample butt out of his recliner to try and make trouble would find that out.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:14:41 pm by Mod2 »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 03:06:40 pm »

For those folks criticizing this well reasoned article, try reading it first. You’d be amazed how that can elevate your arguments above ad hominems and possibly bring them up to the level of thoughtful analysis.

One can hope.

This helps me: Keep reminding yourself to maintain your situational awareness. We're not in Kansas anymore, you know... Read the sign post up ahead: your entering the #NeverTrumpZone.

HonestJohn

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2016, 03:06:41 pm »
@Longmire

Stay right there in your little Trump bubble where reality can't penetrate, and keep telling yourself he's "poised to run the country" until real life smacks you upside the head on the evening of November 8th.  You and your fellow Trump fans will be rending your garments and wailing that you won't be able to bear life without Donald.  And most of you will rush to subscribe to his news channel---suckers to the end.

You're responsible for that lousy, pathetic joke of a candidate, and you find it funny.  You deserve the rude awakening that's headed your way.

With this election, I would not be surprised to read that he'd grabbed his guns, found the nearest city, drove into a minority neighborhood... and tried to kill as many as he could because, "Elections RIGGED!!!  Civil WAR!!!"

HonestJohn

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2016, 03:09:45 pm »
What is that supposed to mean?  @Longmire

Just another Trumpist whose fantasy is to see *EVERYONE* that has ever disagreed with him rounded up, put up against the wall, and shot.

That's, I think, the reason for Trump's support.

REVENGE.

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2016, 03:11:32 pm »
For those folks criticizing this well reasoned article, try reading it first. You’d be amazed how that can elevate your arguments above ad hominems and possibly bring them up to the level of thoughtful analysis.

One can hope.

This helps me: Keep reminding yourself to maintain your situational awareness. We're not in Kansas anymore, you know... Read the sign post up ahead: your entering the #NeverTrumpZone.

/snicker

Look who took time off from trashing this forum on TOS and other places.  Get tired of the echo chambers you normally inhabit?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2016, 03:18:52 pm »

One can hope.

Litter box full again Kitty?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2016, 03:22:41 pm »
Just another Trumpist whose fantasy is to see *EVERYONE* that has ever disagreed with him rounded up, put up against the wall, and shot.

That's, I think, the reason for Trump's support.

REVENGE.

Back on TOS I had one particularly insane Romney fanatic pushing that idea for myself and everyone that refused to vote for the object of his affection. So it's a normal thing for them.

Eventually I fully expect they will chew through the shackles and try it. Oh well.

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2016, 03:26:35 pm »
With this election, I would not be surprised to read that he'd grabbed his guns, found the nearest city, drove into a minority neighborhood... and tried to kill as many as he could because, "Elections RIGGED!!!  Civil WAR!!!"

@HonestJohn

At this point anything could happen.  I really do believe it.

However, if you look at the nature of the threats directed toward David French, Erick Erickson, Ben Shapiro, Dana Loesch, etc., and their families, you begin to see that many of these nuts are also cowards.  They're brave when it comes to making internet threats, but not much else.  Most of the time, anyway.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2016, 03:27:53 pm »
I really wonder what RR would think of all this... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2016, 03:30:02 pm »
I really wonder what RR would think of all this... :shrug:

I think he would be as appalled as some of us are.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2016, 03:32:40 pm »
@HonestJohn

At this point anything could happen.  I really do believe it.

However, if you look at the nature of the threats directed toward David French, Erick Erickson, Ben Shapiro, Dana Loesch, etc., and their families, you begin to see that many of these nuts are also cowards.  They're brave when it comes to making internet threats, but not much else.  Most of the time, anyway.

And thats why any sane person should divest their lives of these unstable people. You can't be sure which one will go off and which won't. Even here on this site they have insunuated violence several times. Some TOd, some just had their posts pulled. They display many of the characteristics of jihadist muslims. Blind loyalty. Mysoginy. Bhagdad Bob-like worldview and an unwavering tendency to take the word of their 'prophet' as 'gospel'.

Trump said he'd pay their legal bills. They think he will. We can't be sure which Trumper will suddenly 'explode'.

HonestJohn

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2016, 03:44:11 pm »
And thats why any sane person should divest their lives of these unstable people. You can't be sure which one will go off and which won't. Even here on this site they have insunuated violence several times. Some TOd, some just had their posts pulled. They display many of the characteristics of jihadist muslims. Blind loyalty. Mysoginy. Bhagdad Bob-like worldview and an unwavering tendency to take the word of their 'prophet' as 'gospel'.

Trump said he'd pay their legal bills. They think he will. We can't be sure which Trumper will suddenly 'explode'.

Pretty much.

The thing is, if those on the right don't stop them, then the rest of the country will.  Failing that, the world will act.

And they'll remember who stood by and did nothing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2016, 03:50:34 pm »
TRUMP: A BETTER CANDIDATE THAN REAGAN

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2016, 03:51:14 pm »
Pretty much.

The thing is, if those on the right don't stop them, then the rest of the country will.  Failing that, the world will act.

And they'll remember who stood by and did nothing.

Hillary and the left will stop them before we have a chance to. Leftists have a very well trod path when it comes to dealing with their useful idiots. She will be all too eager to make examples of them. Unfortunately she will blame their actions on conservatism because these idiots screamed and hollered to the heavens that they were 'true conservatives'. And the world will believe it. Why shouldn't they? They saw it for months on TV with their own eyes.

But there's nothing we can do about that. All we can do is keep our own families safe and get the hell out of the way. We arent needed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2016, 03:52:33 pm »

Only a Trumpkin thinks that's a good thing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2016, 03:58:16 pm »
Trump never signed abortion into law.

Got your Liberal talking points ready I see.

Reagan was shocked at the unintended consequences of his action. Morris said Reagan was left with an “undefinable sense of guilt” after watching abortions skyrocket. Cannon claims this was “the only time as governor or president that Reagan acknowledged a mistake on major legislation.” Clark called the incident “perhaps Reagan’s greatest disappointment in public life.” For Reagan, one good thing did come out of this disappointment. As Georgetown’s Matt Sitman notes, “It is impossible to understand his later staunchly pro-life positions without grasping the lessons he learned from this early political battle.” Reagan, says Sitman, survived the ordeal with a “profoundly intellectual understanding of the abortion issue…. It was in 1967 that his ideas concerning the beginning of human life were fully formed.” He now had a cogent understanding, politically and morally, of abortion and its implications. Reagan would later denounce abortion so strongly and so frequently from the Oval Office that Bill Clark has compiled a 45-page document of Reagan’s quotes on abortion, collected from the official Presidential Papers. Reagan even authored a small book — Abortion and the Conscience of the Nation, featuring contributions from Bill Clark, Malcolm Muggeridge, and Mother Teresa — that was published by the Human Life Foundation in 1984. White House moderates wanted Reagan to delay publication until after the 1984 election, fearing it would turn off pro-choice Republicans, but Reagan refused. He would not be burned again on abortion. No more compromises.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/223437/reagans-darkest-hour-paul-kengor-patricia-clark-doerner

If for one reason and no other....Donald Trump will NEVER even come close to being better than Reagan because of humility.

Reagan had it...Trump doesn't even know how to spell it.

Ronald Reagan had the humility and the ability to admit when he was wrong and then go about making things right as best he could.

Trump merely doubles down on the mistake he made and then sends out his Orange Zombies to attack anyone who dares to criticize him.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:58:48 pm by txradioguy »