Author Topic: New Trump Hotels to Dump the Trump Name  (Read 4032 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: New Trump Hotels to Dump the Trump Name
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2016, 01:54:08 am »
Longmire approves this message!

Translation: Longmire is gullible to believe this message.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2016, 02:00:32 am »
Yes cupcake, Longmire approves this message!  :laugh:

Do you really think that Trump will get that accomplished if the Dems get control of Congress??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 02:02:31 am »
The Trump name is not only an albatross around the neck of the Trump enterprises. It's an albatross around the neck of the Republican brand for years to come. Anyone who decides to stay in the Republican party will have to factor in the ridicule and grief that will be aimed at them because of the lack of judgment of the Republican (and Democrat and Libertarian and Independent) voters.

Republicans were mad, so they shot themselves in the foot. Makes perfect sense.

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 02:03:05 am »
Yes cupcake, Longmire approves this message!  :laugh:

Didn't see the Constitutional Amendment on 'Women Groping' in there @Longmire
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 02:07:01 am »
   Didn't see the Constitutional Amendment on 'Women Groping' in there @Longmire
Even more, we don't know what any of those titles actually mean. Are there links to those proposals or are they just titles?

With increasing Orwellian talent in Congress, Any act for the protection of whatever has to be closely scrutinized to ensure it does not do exactly the opposite of what the title might imply.
For instance:

The Affordable Care Act.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2016, 02:11:27 am »
The Trump name is not only an albatross around the neck of the Trump enterprises. It's an albatross around the neck of the Republican brand for years to come. Anyone who decides to stay in the Republican party will have to factor in the ridicule and grief that will be aimed at them because of the lack of judgment of the Republican (and Democrat and Libertarian and Independent) voters.

Republicans were mad, so they shot themselves in the foot. Makes perfect sense.

Well I hope we learn anger doesn't win elections.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 02:17:56 am »

Well I hope we learn anger doesn't win elections.
Angry people do stupid things.

It's why vengeance is a dish best served cold.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 02:23:34 am »
Angry people do stupid things.

It's why vengeance is a dish best served cold.

Hear! Hear! If ever there was an example of the wisdom of that quote, the 2016 Republican primary and ultimate nominee is it. Perhaps one of our posters with talent in producing graphics can make us a visual for use after the election.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2016, 02:27:50 am »
A name change to appeal to millennnials?  Because that will fool the age demographic that least likes Trump?  That makes no sense.  That's not the cohort that can even afford to pay $600+ per night on a hotel room.  This campaign has damaged his brand with the current customer base and this is an attempt to slow the bleeding.

geronl

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2016, 03:44:42 am »
A name change to appeal to millennnials?  Because that will fool the age demographic that least likes Trump?  That makes no sense.  That's not the cohort that can even afford to pay $600+ per night on a hotel room.  This campaign has damaged his brand with the current customer base and this is an attempt to slow the bleeding.

The unpopular new DC location is going for less than the other area "high-end" hotels, about $500 a night according to a report posted here yesterday or whenever.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2016, 04:16:09 am »
The unpopular new DC location is going for less than the other area "high-end" hotels, about $500 a night according to a report posted here yesterday or whenever.

Yes, I did notice that.  Quite indicative of the damage already done to the brand.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2016, 04:48:55 am »
I'm discounting the foursquare "evidence" presented. That app has had it's time and most people have quit using it, so a decline is not exactly news.

Still - Don Manini says that most of his net worth is in the value of his name. Removes his name from his core buisiness.

Did he just admit he's worthless?  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2016, 08:34:47 am »
A relative living in the DC area told me people were not too happy that Trump converted the historic post office building into a hotel.  I believe they wanted to preserve the building as an historic landmark and/or  museum. 

That the hotel is failing is probably very sweet to those who opposed it.

It was a beautiful building with a gorgeous interior.  I loved going there. It's a terrible shame.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2016, 09:20:40 am »
It was a beautiful building with a gorgeous interior.  I loved going there. It's a terrible shame.

Just read reviews of the hotel on TripAdvisor.  There are a number of positive reviews, but quite a few rating the hotel as "Terrible."  Seems that most of the complaints were that the hotel was too gaudy and overpriced. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2016, 12:13:27 pm »
Years ago I had friends visiting NYC from the UK. One of the things they wanted to see was Trump Tower. (To this day I don't know why)

We went inside to the bar and it reminded me of Versailles but of a kitschy Versailles. Too faux ornate for me, but then I thought it might have been designed by someone like Peter Keating, and not by a Howard Roark.

But it was nice to rest my feet and have a Shirley Temple. And harmless flirting with a bartender is always fun when you are in your thirties and single.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️