Author Topic: Re: The *OFFICIAL* TBR Recipe Thread  (Read 94377 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: The *OFFICIAL* TBR Recipe Thread
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2016, 04:16:44 pm »
Do you roll it for final cooking? Or is it tied in a roll through the whole process?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:49:18 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: The *OFFICIAL* TBR Holiday Recipe Thread
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2016, 04:18:17 pm »
200C=400F
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #177 on: December 25, 2016, 04:50:35 pm »
Do you roll it for final cooking? Or is it tied in a roll through the whole process?

I left it tied for the whole process. Makes life easier.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #178 on: December 25, 2016, 04:56:45 pm »
Look at menu

Make choice

Order

Wait

Dine

Silver Pines

« Reply #179 on: December 25, 2016, 05:22:15 pm »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2017, 04:32:50 am »
@mystery-ak

Tell us how you make your deviled eggs. If you use Mayo, Bah! Humbug!

Mayo, Nature's Seasons, Dill pickle relish, a tiny tiny tiny speck of mustard powder

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2017, 03:52:06 am »
Cacao vs Cocoa: The Difference and Why It Matters

http://blog.paleohacks.com/cacao-vs-cocoa/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2017, 09:55:21 pm »
Ok, people. Your talk of pizza ovens pretty much drove me to extremes. Sorta. I don't have the capacity for an out door pizza oven (bites self) so I did some investigating and decided to buy one of these:

It was $116 on Amazon. A Charbroil gas fired kettle grill. Got it earlier this week and assembled it today. It has that heat dispersal system for more even cooking. I put my pizza stone in it and cranked it up.

I did one little pita as a test and then some more. Then a pizza for the grandson when they got home from school.

I am really happy with the result. My old grill needs some work, new parts, and I don't know if I want to put any  money into it. Kinda on its last legs. @Sanguine @Cyber Liberty @roamer_1 @starstruck @Elderberry (I tought I had the photos rotated)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2017, 09:56:56 pm »
That's beautiful!  Charcoal powered, right?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2017, 10:02:02 pm »
That's beautiful!  Charcoal powered, right?

No, it is gas. But I prefer gas. If I want to grill with smoke I will use my other grill. It is gas, too but I have access to the hardwood at work and can bring home any size smoking wood chunks I want. I also have my smoker out behind the shed for true smoked foods.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2017, 10:05:11 pm »
Looks delish!  I'm a big fan of pizza on a stone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2017, 10:18:56 pm »
I'll set a chunk of hickory on this grill next time and see what kind of smoke I can generate @Sanguine

This is some cherry sticks I brought home from work. It is a waste product.  Not necessarily all cherry. But other woods. I bring most of it home for the son to use in his wood stove. I  smoke fish with the cherry.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2017, 10:22:35 pm »
Looks delish!  I'm a big fan of pizza on a stone.

I am going to try a pizza on a pan, too. I think the grandson likes that better. This thing probably doesn't have the interior height for regular loaf bread, but I haven't been making much of that lately. If I can do pita, pizza, and tortillas I am good with that.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2017, 10:50:33 pm »
No, it is gas. But I prefer gas. If I want to grill with smoke I will use my other grill. It is gas, too but I have access to the hardwood at work and can bring home any size smoking wood chunks I want. I also have my smoker out behind the shed for true smoked foods.

Looks good @bigheadfred
Yeah, looks like you've got room around the edges for some smoke - Might have to soak it really good first, but I betcha it can happen...   :beer:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2017, 10:57:51 pm »
Ok, people. Your talk of pizza ovens pretty much drove me to extremes. Sorta. I don't have the capacity for an out door pizza oven (bites self) so I did some investigating and decided to buy one of these:

It was $116 on Amazon. A Charbroil gas fired kettle grill. Got it earlier this week and assembled it today. It has that heat dispersal system for more even cooking. I put my pizza stone in it and cranked it up.

I did one little pita as a test and then some more. Then a pizza for the grandson when they got home from school.

I am really happy with the result. My old grill needs some work, new parts, and I don't know if I want to put any  money into it. Kinda on its last legs. @Sanguine @Cyber Liberty @roamer_1 @starstruck @Elderberry (I tought I had the photos rotated)

@bigheadfred

That looks really neat! I just got thru repairing my smoker. The back wall of the firebox had rusted out and the bottom of the smoker cabinet had to be repaired. And I built a charcoal box/basket for the firebox.

What temp do you need for pizza? I could move the charcoal box to the bottom of my smoker cabinet to get it hotter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2017, 11:07:56 pm »
What temp do you need for pizza? I could move the charcoal box to the bottom of my smoker cabinet to get it hotter.

About 500-525 F.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2017, 11:40:12 pm »
About 500-525 F.
@Elderberry

The temp gauge on the lid goes to 650. I had it on the highest setting and it hit 550.  This unit is pretty small. Made for people with limited space. I can leave it up on the porch. I have my little firepit for dutch ovens and weenie roasts. I have three dutch ovens.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2017, 11:42:52 pm »
@bigheadfred

That looks really neat! I just got thru repairing my smoker. The back wall of the firebox had rusted out and the bottom of the smoker cabinet had to be repaired. And I built a charcoal box/basket for the firebox.

My old grill needs a new bottom. And new grills would help. I don't want to spend the money on new ceram-coated grills and may rustle up a piece of expanded metal and craftitize something.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2017, 12:50:43 am »
My old grill needs a new bottom. And new grills would help. I don't want to spend the money on new ceram-coated grills and may rustle up a piece of expanded metal and craftitize something.
My smoker is set up for five 18 x 24 inch racks(I've only made 2 racks tho). The racks are made of 3/4in angle and 3/4 in expanded metal. The racks have lasted for years as I have a separately mounted firebox.

My grill is an old aluminum Miller keg, I split the long way. The grill surface I welded up with 5/16 inch stainless rods. I don't think it'll ever wear out.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2017, 04:39:59 pm »
Wowser....went to the new Nothing But Bundt Cakes that opened up here recently....UNREAL how good it is.  They put cream cheese icing on everything.  We are hoping to duplicate the recipe for some Christmas mini cupcakes.  Anyone have some good recipes that might work?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:40:22 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2017, 05:41:07 pm »
This is the limit of my culinary skill, but I figure someone might enjoy it.  Sorry if it's not written formally...this is just from my own experience.  And, yeah, I put in a lot of steps to what good cooks would probably understand in only three. 

Noodle Eggs

1 can of 25% Less Salt Campbell's condensed Chicken Noodle Soup
5 Large Eggs

Empty can of soup into large non-stick skillet.
Turn on low-medium heat.
Crack open 5 eggs into the pan.
Break yolks and gently stir the eggs into the soup like with scrambled eggs.  But gently!
Stir every so often with turner to prevent burning or sticking to pan.
Continue cooking to the way you like scrambled eggs and turn off heat.  You'll see some water coming out toward the end of cooking.  This is normal.
I like to let it sit in pan for a few minutes to harden a bit more.
Enjoy!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2017, 05:45:02 pm »
Wowser....went to the new Nothing But Bundt Cakes that opened up here recently....UNREAL how good it is.  They put cream cheese icing on everything.  We are hoping to duplicate the recipe for some Christmas mini cupcakes.  Anyone have some good recipes that might work?

Sorry, I'd love to help, But outside of Nestles Toll House Cookies and Betty Crocker, all my baking recipes look suspiciously like directions to Albertson's Bakery.  :shrug:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2017, 02:35:49 am »
I was going to reactivate this thread.

Anyone have a good (no fail) recipe for Divinity?

Both of my late grandmother's made great stuff. But they didn't follow a written recipe. They just made it.  Same with a lot of other things they cooked.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2017, 02:59:08 am »
I was going to reactivate this thread.

Anyone have a good (no fail) recipe for Divinity?

Both of my late grandmother's made great stuff. But they didn't follow a written recipe. They just made it.  Same with a lot of other things they cooked.

Lemme see if I can get that on Alexa....

(Personally, I'd like some penuche)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2017, 03:02:03 am »
Alexa goes to "allrecipes.com," and here's what comes up on the search for divinity...

http://allrecipes.com/search/results/?wt=divinity&sort=re
I will NOT comply.