Author Topic: Paul Ryan: A GOP Senate Loss Means Sanders Becomes Budget Chair  (Read 346 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Paul Ryan: A GOP Senate Loss Means Sanders Becomes Budget Chair
Wednesday, October 19, 2016 06:40 PM

By: Cathy Burke

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.,  is trolling GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan over his reported warning that losing the Republican majority in the Senate would make way for Sanders to assume leadership of the powerful Budget Committee.

Sanders tweeted Wednesday the prospect "sounds like a good idea" — and used his post to elicit contributions for some Democratic candidates as well.

Bernie Sanders

@BernieSanders

I heard what @SpeakerRyan said: If the GOP loses the Senate, I'll be the Budget chairman. Sounds like a good idea. https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/big-goals?refcode=tw161019
1:18 PM - 19 Oct 2016

The tweeted link directs supporters to a webpage where they can kick in money to be split between seven candidates for Congress — including Senate hopefuls Catherine Cortez-Masto in Nevada and Deborah Ross in North Carolina.

In a speech at the University of Wisconsin last Friday, Ryan said re-electing GOP Sen Ron Johnson will be crucial Nov. 8 — potentially impacting control of the Senate.

Democrats would need to to pick up five seats to regain a majority — or four if Hillary Clinton is elected president.

"Do you know who becomes chair of the Senate Budget Committee if Hillary Clinton wins?" Ryan asked, the student newspaper reported.

"Someone you may have heard of: Bernie Sanders."

Sanders is currently the ranking member of the panel.

http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=754343
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Paul Ryan: A GOP Senate Loss Means Sanders Becomes Budget Chair
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 05:13:47 pm »
Apparently this is what Trump and the bleep want.