Author Topic: McMullin tops new poll of Utah voters  (Read 3565 times)

geronl

McMullin tops new poll of Utah voters
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:32:29 pm »
Independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin is leading in Utah, according to an Emerson College Polling Society survey released Wednesday.

McMullin is favored by 31 percent of likely voters in the state. Republican nominee Donald Trump has the support of 27 percent, and Democrat Hillary Clinton is backed by 24 percent.

Another 5 percent support Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson, and 12 percent are undecided.

The poll finds both Trump and Clinton are viewed unfavorably by a majority of likely voters in the state.

Clinton is viewed favorably by 23 percent and unfavorably by 74 percent. Trump is viewed positively by 24 percent and negatively by 72 percent.

The poll finds 51 percent of Utahns who supported Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) the state's caucuses are backing McMullin and only 29 percent are supporting Trump.
excerpted

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/301838-mcmullin-tops-new-poll-of-utah-voters

Cool

I've never heard of the polling outfit but at least its not an online poll.

Offline kevindavis007

Re: McMullin tops new poll of Utah voters
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 08:50:44 pm »
If true, it seems that the Mormons have more class this election than the evangelicals who supported Trump.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 08:56:06 pm »
Best news I've heard this week.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 09:03:22 pm »
I'm torn by the news.

Trump is filth, but presumably not as disgusting as Clinton.  Maybe, anyway.  She's like terminal cancer.  He's like probably terminal cancer.

On the bright side, I can give a I-told-you-so-you dumbasses message on FreeRepublic.

People are such idiots.  I will never forgive his idiot primary supporters or Fox News.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 09:09:40 pm »
Unfortunately, he's not on the ballot in my state nor qualified as a write-in.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:10:03 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 09:18:20 pm »
He's running a single state gambit. We will see how this pans out for him.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 09:37:48 pm »
Best news I've heard this week.

I've noticed more articles attacking him lately, but none of them seem to have any substance to the attacks.  They seem to be "since we don't know otherwise, he must be a tool of a Bush-Clinton conspiracy".

Unless something changes, I plan to vote for him.  Even though he won't take my state, it will show that I don't like the Trump/Clinton mess.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 09:51:40 pm »
I've noticed more articles attacking him lately, but none of them seem to have any substance to the attacks.  They seem to be "since we don't know otherwise, he must be a tool of a Bush-Clinton conspiracy".

Unless something changes, I plan to vote for him.  Even though he won't take my state, it will show that I don't like the Trump/Clinton mess.

That's my position too.  Trump will win Tennessee, unless something radical happens in the next few weeks.  But McMullin is an acceptable write-in here, so he'll get my vote.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

geronl

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 11:18:40 pm »
If true, it seems that the Mormons have more class this election than the evangelicals who supported Trump.

Trump got squashed in the primaries among church-goers.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 11:19:31 pm »

In Texas I think he is a qualified write-in

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 11:35:43 pm »
I'm torn by the news.

Trump is filth, but presumably not as disgusting as Clinton.  Maybe, anyway.  She's like terminal cancer.  He's like probably terminal cancer.

On the bright side, I can give a I-told-you-so-you dumbasses message on FreeRepublic.

People are such idiots.  I will never forgive his idiot primary supporters or Fox News.

@Jewbacca, I'm just curious---are you planning on doing an opus?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 12:09:53 am »

I thought mine wasn't either until I found this how to vote for Evan McMullin site with a map of states.  Maybe yours is on there too.

https://www.evanmcmullin.com/how_to_vote_for_evan

+4 in Utah now
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:13:54 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 12:13:38 am »

Couldn't the point be argued that since hellary's gonna get so many EV's, eliminating the HOR Horror show, that it may be time to get behind a party-Constitution, and not an individual.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:15:14 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 01:07:32 am »
He's not on my state's ballot except as a write-in candidate (along with 33 other people, including David Limbaugh and somebody named Ameer Flippin).  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 02:17:02 am »
It's amazing just how stupid conservatives are. They are the dumbest people on the face of the planet.

LOL!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 03:00:49 pm »
@Jewbacca, I'm just curious---are you planning on doing an opus?

No, not going to bother.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 03:06:57 pm »

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 03:09:00 pm »
I'm torn by the news.

Be advised that your opus on FR will likely be pulled within minutes.

I think mine will be along the line of "Gone Galt."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 03:13:03 pm »

What would "panning out" mean though? Just winning the state?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 04:12:04 pm »

What would "panning out" mean though? Just winning the state?
That would certainly make a statement. If he did then he's gambling on how the electoral votes pan out across the nation.

For a 3rd party to win a state, in a time when so many are ticked off at the choices offered by the RTM and DTM it might help wake people up to other options.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 04:34:41 pm »

I need to find out who is qualified as a write-in here in Georgia.  Our ballot has only three names.  Two are liberals, and the third is a pothead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 05:12:42 pm »
I need to find out who is qualified as a write-in here in Georgia.  Our ballot has only three names.  Two are liberals, and the third is a pothead.
@Hoodat

http://elections.sos.ga.gov/GAElection/CandidateDetails
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 05:27:04 pm »
  Georgia Write-In (Presidential)

PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES   

CHERUNDA FOX 

PARTY: WRITE-IN
 INCUMBENT: NO

CLAIRE ELISABETH ELLIOTT 

QUALIFIED DATE: 09/01/2016

DARRELL CASTLE 

QUALIFIED DATE: 09/06/2016

DAVID C. BYRNE 

QUALIFIED DATE: 09/06/2016

EVAN MCMULLIN 

JILL STEIN 

LAURENCE KOTLIKOFF 

LOREN COLLINS 

MARC URBACH 

MICHAEL L. SMITH 

MIKE MATUREN 

RICKY MUHAMMAD 

ROBERT BUCHANAN 

SANDRA WILSON 

SCOTT CUBBLER 

STEPHEN L ALLEN 

QUALIFIED DATE: 09/09/2016

THOMAS HOEFLING 

OFFICE OF BRIAN KEMP

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 09:41:14 pm »

He seems to be doing well in Idaho as well.  I think he's going to win Utah and here is how he could win the presidency:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/21/mcmullin-surging-in-utah-indy-candidates-plan-for-electoral-college-chaos.html#
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 09:42:19 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2016, 09:48:43 pm »
He seems to be doing well in Idaho as well.  I think he's going to win Utah and here is how he could win the presidency:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/21/mcmullin-surging-in-utah-indy-candidates-plan-for-electoral-college-chaos.html#

The candidate is devoting his time and resources to Utah right now, but has a bigger strategy in mind. His presidential hopes rely on one extremely unlikely and unprecedented scenario: win enough electoral votes to hold Trump and Clinton below the 270 threshold needed to win the presidency outright. An Electoral College deadlock would throw the responsibility of electing a new president to the House of Representatives.

With all due respect @libertybele this only works if Trump holds his own against hellary and that seems more unlikely with each passing day.  Many are now predicting hellary will get 325+ EV's. If that pans out for her, it's all over for everyone, 'cept the crying.