Author Topic: U.S. civil rights groups to fan out on Nov. 8 to fight voter intimidation  (Read 395 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Andy Sullivan | WASHINGTON

Donald Trump supporters who plan to stake out polling sites on Election Day may find their own activities tracked closely by thousands of civil-rights activists who are mounting a nationwide effort to prevent problems at the polls.

The Republican presidential candidate, who has repeatedly said that the election is rigged, has urged his backers to monitor voting sites for evidence of fraud, raising concerns that overzealous supporters could intimidate voters in the Nov. 8 election.

They will not be the only ones out in force on Election Day. Civil rights groups say they plan to deploy thousands of volunteers on the ground in 27 states to ensure that voters will not be turned away by harassment, long lines or confusing rules. Teams of lawyers will file legal challenges if necessary.

While previous elections have been marred by irregularities, Trump's rhetoric might lead to greater problems at the polls this year, activists say.

more
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-pollwatchers-idUSKCN12I2WB
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Trump is not really a bad guy.  I mean like, he'd never burn a cross on your lawn or anything. Now if he saw one burning, he's liable to toast a marshmallow on it though.  So I don't know why these civil rights groups are concerned about.