Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 294240 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #2650 on: November 05, 2019, 06:01:23 pm »
Black cat takes the field during Monday Night Football

Halloween may be over, but that didn't stop a black cat from making its presence known on Monday night. In the middle of a Monday Night Football game between the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys, a black cat darted onto the field as stunned fans and commentators looked on.

The cat wandered the field before sprinting through the Giants' end zone, and eventually disappeared under a seat section. Some fans believe the cat brought bad luck — the Giants had been leading the Cowboys prior to the disruption, but ended up losing 37-18.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/monday-night-football-cat-takes-over-monday-night-football/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2651 on: November 05, 2019, 06:01:53 pm »
Black cat takes the field during Monday Night Football

Halloween may be over, but that didn't stop a black cat from making its presence known on Monday night. In the middle of a Monday Night Football game between the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys, a black cat darted onto the field as stunned fans and commentators looked on.

The cat wandered the field before sprinting through the Giants' end zone, and eventually disappeared under a seat section. Some fans believe the cat brought bad luck — the Giants had been leading the Cowboys prior to the disruption, but ended up losing 37-18.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/monday-night-football-cat-takes-over-monday-night-football/

Pictures of kitty and tweets embedded in article,

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2652 on: November 05, 2019, 07:41:47 pm »
@Gefn

Saw this on the morning news.  Funny and sweet at the same time.  If/when the cat is captured, it will be taken to a vet.  Maybe someone will adopt him/her.    I hope so.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2653 on: November 05, 2019, 08:36:20 pm »
If it a feral adult cat it's probably beyond being domesticated. It's mostly the kittens of ferals that can be socialized and domesticated. The best that can be done for an adult feral is to spay/neuter and then release it where it can continue keeping down the rodent population.

A friend volunteers with Gatos de la Noche, https://www.gatosdelanoche.com/ , and they do what I described above.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 08:37:51 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2654 on: November 05, 2019, 11:30:46 pm »
If it a feral adult cat it's probably beyond being domesticated. 

@PeterS

Not true. I have a formally feral female cat laying next to me on a stool. She was one of the feral cats I feed behind a store,and I fed her from the time she was a kitten,to the time she was maybe 2 or 3 years old before bringing her home.

I was feeding the cats one day when she came up to me and started rubbing her head against my ankles and purring. I had never even touched her before,but I just picked her up,put her in my truck,and took her home with me. It wasn't long before I figured out what her plan was. She was pregnant,and there were problems with the pregnancy. I took her to the vet and she had 9 kittens with the help of surgery,but all buy 1 died. I brought that one home and tried to bottle feed him until his mother was well and could nurse,but he only lasted 3 days. She is still in my house 3 years later,and damned if she isn't half again as big as she was now that she can eat her fill and sleep without having to run away from other animals.

I also have 4 other cats I got from behind those dumpsters. The big tom was a yellow stripped kitten someone dropped off with his sister just before a big snow storm maybe 3 years ago. His sister froze to death one night,and he was sick and going blind. Luckily for him,there was a little tom there at the time that seemed to "adopt and babysit" sick kittens,and that's how I figured out the yellow tom kitten was sick and going blind. He couldn't get far away from where he was fed because he was weak and couldn't see very good,so the other little tom stayed with him and hugged him to keep him warm. I just picked him up one day and took him to the vet. We managed to save one eye,but the other had to be taken out. The most recent is a little crazy female that was really too young to be weaned when she was dropped off,and just about starved by the time I caught her. She is as nice as she can be one day,and the next day walk around with her back humped and spitting at anything that moves.

Somebody dropped off some kittens there a week ago. The guy that feeds them in the morning caught one,but there is a really fuzzy black one I spotted a few days ago that ran away and hasn't been seen since,and a couple of days ago I spotted a tiny little fluff ball Maine Coon looking kitten. She is so tiny she hops instead of running.  She actually started to come right up to me tonight when I fed them,but there was a new adult black shorthair female there that hisses and scared her away. This was a housecat somebody dropped off. I know this because when she saw me coming with the food bag,she ran right up to me to get fed,and she was so hungry she got under the bag when I was pouring the food out and tried to eat is as it was falling.  Any adult cat that will walk right up to a stranger in the open is a house cat. Plus her fur was bright and shiny. When she hissed,the kitten shrieked,spun around,and hopped away,and that got all of them running.

I suspect I will be catching that adult female in the next few days and talking her to the SPCA. Going to try to catch the kittens and take them there,too.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2655 on: November 06, 2019, 12:11:27 am »
@sneakypete

Hopefully you won't need a trap.  I've had to do that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2656 on: November 06, 2019, 12:19:19 am »
@sneakypete

Hopefully you won't need a trap.  I've had to do that.

@Cyber Liberty

I won't use a trap. I will probably use a capture cage on the adult cat,though.

I'll just have to pick up any kitten that gets close enough,and put it in a cardboard box because they aren't heavy enough to trigger the capture cage trap door.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2657 on: November 06, 2019, 12:27:16 am »
@Cyber Liberty

I won't use a trap. I will probably use a capture cage on the adult cat,though.

I'll just have to pick up any kitten that gets close enough,and put it in a cardboard box because they aren't heavy enough to trigger the capture cage trap door.

Yeah.  A coon cage will only work for the adult.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2658 on: November 06, 2019, 02:40:33 pm »
Straphanger takes mini horse on Bay Area train ride

A mini horse that serves as a Bay Area resident’s service animal was allowed on a commuter train in San Francisco Tuesday, the transit agency said.

The horse’s owner provided paperwork to a transit worker on the BART train and the horse was cleared for entry, the train system said on Twitter.

“After consultation (station agents usually don’t see horses), the horse was allowed in,” BART said in the message.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/06/straphanger-takes-mini-horse-on-bay-area-train-ride/

Picture in article

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2659 on: November 06, 2019, 02:41:01 pm »
Straphanger takes mini horse on Bay Area train ride

A mini horse that serves as a Bay Area resident’s service animal was allowed on a commuter train in San Francisco Tuesday, the transit agency said.

The horse’s owner provided paperwork to a transit worker on the BART train and the horse was cleared for entry, the train system said on Twitter.

“After consultation (station agents usually don’t see horses), the horse was allowed in,” BART said in the message.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/06/straphanger-takes-mini-horse-on-bay-area-train-ride/

Picture in article

Mini horses are cute

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2660 on: November 06, 2019, 08:53:45 pm »
@PeterS

Not true. I have a formally feral female cat laying next to me on a stool. She was one of the feral cats I feed behind a store,and I fed her from the time she was a kitten,to the time she was maybe 2 or 3 years old before bringing her home.

I was feeding the cats one day when she came up to me and started rubbing her head against my ankles and purring. I had never even touched her before,but I just picked her up,put her in my truck,and took her home with me. It wasn't long before I figured out what her plan was. She was pregnant,and there were problems with the pregnancy. I took her to the vet and she had 9 kittens with the help of surgery,but all buy 1 died. I brought that one home and tried to bottle feed him until his mother was well and could nurse,but he only lasted 3 days. She is still in my house 3 years later,and damned if she isn't half again as big as she was now that she can eat her fill and sleep without having to run away from other animals.

I also have 4 other cats I got from behind those dumpsters. The big tom was a yellow stripped kitten someone dropped off with his sister just before a big snow storm maybe 3 years ago. His sister froze to death one night,and he was sick and going blind. Luckily for him,there was a little tom there at the time that seemed to "adopt and babysit" sick kittens,and that's how I figured out the yellow tom kitten was sick and going blind. He couldn't get far away from where he was fed because he was weak and couldn't see very good,so the other little tom stayed with him and hugged him to keep him warm. I just picked him up one day and took him to the vet. We managed to save one eye,but the other had to be taken out. The most recent is a little crazy female that was really too young to be weaned when she was dropped off,and just about starved by the time I caught her. She is as nice as she can be one day,and the next day walk around with her back humped and spitting at anything that moves.

Somebody dropped off some kittens there a week ago. The guy that feeds them in the morning caught one,but there is a really fuzzy black one I spotted a few days ago that ran away and hasn't been seen since,and a couple of days ago I spotted a tiny little fluff ball Maine Coon looking kitten. She is so tiny she hops instead of running.  She actually started to come right up to me tonight when I fed them,but there was a new adult black shorthair female there that hisses and scared her away. This was a housecat somebody dropped off. I know this because when she saw me coming with the food bag,she ran right up to me to get fed,and she was so hungry she got under the bag when I was pouring the food out and tried to eat is as it was falling.  Any adult cat that will walk right up to a stranger in the open is a house cat. Plus her fur was bright and shiny. When she hissed,the kitten shrieked,spun around,and hopped away,and that got all of them running.

I suspect I will be catching that adult female in the next few days and talking her to the SPCA. Going to try to catch the kittens and take them there,too.

@sneakypete

Bless you for your kindness and caring. :bighug:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2661 on: November 06, 2019, 09:58:01 pm »
@Gefn

Great story about the mini-horse.  Is that the same as a pony?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2662 on: November 06, 2019, 10:04:10 pm »
If it a feral adult cat it's probably beyond being domesticated. It's mostly the kittens of ferals that can be socialized and domesticated. The best that can be done for an adult feral is to spay/neuter and then release it where it can continue keeping down the rodent population.

A friend volunteers with Gatos de la Noche, https://www.gatosdelanoche.com/ , and they do what I described above.

Over the years, I have taken in two adult ferals and both were great pets.  I think it might have something to do with how and where they were raised.  I believe both of my cats were house pets at some point in their lives, but their owners abandoned them or somehow they ended up homeless  Now a cat which grew up in a feral colony -- that might be different. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2663 on: November 06, 2019, 11:12:23 pm »
@Gefn

Great story about the mini-horse.  Is that the same as a pony?

I'm not an expert, but I would say no.  I guess it depends on whether they can mate with a Pony and produce fertile offspring?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2664 on: November 06, 2019, 11:23:54 pm »
I think mini horses are smaller than ponies?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2665 on: November 06, 2019, 11:54:16 pm »
@Gefn
@Cyber Liberty

Well, instead of being lazy and asking others, I decided to do research into ponies vs. miniature horses and here is what I found:

https://horseislove.com/difference-between-pony-miniature-horse/

There are differences in size, appearance, usage and lifespan.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #2666 on: November 07, 2019, 02:50:45 am »
@Gefn
@Cyber Liberty

Well, instead of being lazy and asking others, I decided to do research into ponies vs. miniature horses and here is what I found:

https://horseislove.com/difference-between-pony-miniature-horse/

There are differences in size, appearance, usage and lifespan.

Lifespan - 25 to 35 years. Wow. How I wish that was the lifespan of dogs.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2667 on: November 07, 2019, 10:56:55 pm »
Monday night black cat still on the loose at MetLife Stadium

The elusive black cat from "Monday Night Football" is still on the run.

MetLife Stadium officials said Thursday the search for the fleet feline that briefly delayed the nationally televised game between the New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys on Monday night has been unsuccessful.

The search started on Tuesday morning with multiple humane traps being stationed in the stadium. After that came up empty, stadium officials asked PuppykittyNYCity — a trap, neuter, release and no-kill shelter — for help.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/monday-night-black-cat-loose-metlife-stadium-66833146

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2668 on: November 07, 2019, 10:57:44 pm »
Halloween Ghost Cat!

Offline berdie

« Reply #2669 on: November 08, 2019, 10:52:26 pm »
That kittie made a TD!!

From what I hear...there are tons of cats there. I'll bet even if they find "him" it won't be the same cat.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2670 on: November 09, 2019, 01:48:17 pm »
Commuters delighted by group of golden retrievers waiting in line on train platform

Commuters were given paws for thought when they spotted a dozen golden retrievers lining up on their own — to wait for a train.

The adorable dogs, dubbed "good boys and girls" by witnesses, were spotted patiently waiting on the platform.

More than 30 thousand social media users shared a picture of the golden dogs waiting at Barnes Station, in southwest London, and posted hilarious puns about why they could be waiting. One called the scene a meeting of “Very Important Puppies,” while another branded it the “Andrex puppy reunion.” (Andrex, a brand of British toilet tissue, often features an "Andrex puppy" in its marketing campaigns.)

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/commuters-golden-retrievers-train-platform

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2671 on: November 09, 2019, 01:49:13 pm »
Commuters delighted by group of golden retrievers waiting in line on train platform

Commuters were given paws for thought when they spotted a dozen golden retrievers lining up on their own — to wait for a train.

The adorable dogs, dubbed "good boys and girls" by witnesses, were spotted patiently waiting on the platform.

More than 30 thousand social media users shared a picture of the golden dogs waiting at Barnes Station, in southwest London, and posted hilarious puns about why they could be waiting. One called the scene a meeting of “Very Important Puppies,” while another branded it the “Andrex puppy reunion.” (Andrex, a brand of British toilet tissue, often features an "Andrex puppy" in its marketing campaigns.)

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/commuters-golden-retrievers-train-platform

Pictures in article. One of the pictures has puppies recreating “Abbey Road”
@EasyAce

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2672 on: November 11, 2019, 01:49:30 pm »
More on the football black cat....

Dallas Cowboys name Black Cat a starter against Minnesota Vikings

Turns out America’s team was impressed by the feline's speed and elusiveness after the Giants game.

The saga of the NFL’s black cat continues.

Following the feline’s appearance on the field during the Dallas Cowboys 37-18 win over the New York Giants on Monday, it turns out America’s team was impressed by its speed and elusiveness, and would take its services on the squad.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/nation-world/dallas-cowboys-announce-black-cat-starter/507-25be54e4-2bb2-4d74-a512-4845ba230f53

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2673 on: November 11, 2019, 01:50:05 pm »
More on the football black cat....

Dallas Cowboys name Black Cat a starter against Minnesota Vikings

Turns out America’s team was impressed by the feline's speed and elusiveness after the Giants game.

The saga of the NFL’s black cat continues.

Following the feline’s appearance on the field during the Dallas Cowboys 37-18 win over the New York Giants on Monday, it turns out America’s team was impressed by its speed and elusiveness, and would take its services on the squad.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/nation-world/dallas-cowboys-announce-black-cat-starter/507-25be54e4-2bb2-4d74-a512-4845ba230f53

Kitteh, you’re famous!!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2674 on: November 11, 2019, 03:37:02 pm »
I will NOT comply.