Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 294242 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #2625 on: October 01, 2019, 03:35:54 am »
IRL, the kitty would have shredded the woman's arm. wink777

I know a little something about that. I wasn't bathing a cat. I was holding it as my little dog was coming into the house from the patio. Cat reached down and caught my dog's ear. As I tried to pull the cat up to create distance between her and my dog, my little dog came up of the ground because the cat had caught her ear with a claw. My dog was yelping like crazy and I was desperately trying to get her loose from the cat's grip. Complete chaos ensued. I don't remember exactly how I got the cat to let go of my dog, but I managed to do it. In the process, I got the worst end of the whole ordeal.

The patio looked like a crime scene. The cat punctured an artery and I bled like crazy. I started feeling faint, so I called my BFF who came right over to render first aid. I bled into a trash can so she could measure it. It came to 1 pint. Thank God, my little 6-lb. dog wasn't hurt badly, but I did incur vet costs + a doctor visit and tetanus shot for me.

WARNING: Don't click on pics if you're squeamish about seeing blood.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2626 on: October 01, 2019, 03:36:54 am »
Wonderful story, @sneakypete!  We have a Calico, scared of her own shadow.  Our "meany" is a female cow cat, and she scraps with the other cats.  They're used to her shit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2627 on: October 01, 2019, 10:29:45 am »
@sneakypete

Thanks for sharing that great story.  In my experience it seems the toughest cats are almost always female.  I don't know why that is -- maybe it has something to do with a mother's instinct to protect her kittens.  I have one friend who years ago shared a rented house with another friend.  My friend had 2 cats, one male, one female, and the roommate had a female dog.  In that house, the female cat was boss.  The male cat and the dog were terrified of her.

As to your father's relationship with the cat:   Cats often seem to sense when people don't like them or are afraid of them and they sometimes will cozy up to them.  My mother didn't like cats, but when she came to my house, my sociable first cat would always sit by her or try to sit on her lap and purr.  And all the cats I had knew when I didn't feel well.  They would always park on top of me or beside me when I was lying down.  My first cat would sit on me and knead my tummy. That kneading was a great remedy for a variety of ailments.

Offline verga

« Reply #2628 on: October 01, 2019, 10:32:17 am »
@Applewood

I accidentally acquired the weirdest,and maybe the meanest female cat in the world when living in one of two houses on a horse ranch outside of Denver. The people that lived in the other house moved out one day,and a couple of days later I happened to look over and see a tortoise shell calico cat sitting in a window. House was locked,so I broke a window to let her out. She followed me home and moved in.  I said to myself,"Ok,no big deal. She only weighs maybe 5 or 6 lbs so she can't eat that much.

She lived for maybe another 10 years,and I still miss her.
Thank you for a great story. @sneakypete l
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2629 on: October 01, 2019, 03:49:03 pm »
@sneakypete  Great story.

@AllThatJazzZ Scary story.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2630 on: October 01, 2019, 04:10:21 pm »
@sneakypete

Thanks for sharing that great story.  In my experience it seems the toughest cats are almost always female.  I don't know why that is -- maybe it has something to do with a mother's instinct to protect her kittens.  I have one friend who years ago shared a rented house with another friend.  My friend had 2 cats, one male, one female, and the roommate had a female dog.  In that house, the female cat was boss.  The male cat and the dog were terrified of her.

As to your father's relationship with the cat:   Cats often seem to sense when people don't like them or are afraid of them and they sometimes will cozy up to them.  My mother didn't like cats, but when she came to my house, my sociable first cat would always sit by her or try to sit on her lap and purr.  And all the cats I had knew when I didn't feel well.  They would always park on top of me or beside me when I was lying down.  My first cat would sit on me and knead my tummy. That kneading was a great remedy for a variety of ailments.

@Applewood

I knew a couple of women who ran some sort of sewing shop several blocks from where I lived in Denver. Don't remember how I came to be in their shop one day,but there was a cat laying up on the counter,looking pretty pleased with herself,so I petted her and asked about her. They told me they didn't own her,but allowing her to come and go in the shop,sleep there at night,and to feed and care for her were conditions written into their lease. Seems the cat moved into the building as a kitten when the building owner had a shop there,and when she closed the shop and took the cat home,the cat ran away from home and went back to the building and moved in with the people renting it then. They had seen the cat when they went there to look at the building,and recognized it when it came in the door and called her. Ever since them,the cat went with the lease.

Anyhow,the two women told me that shortly after they rented the building for their shop,some guy came in and threatened them with a knife and tried to rob them. Which seemed to piss the cat off,because the last time they saw him he was running out the door with the cat on his head trying to scratch his eyes out.  They have no idea what happened to him,but the cat came back "home"  a couple of minutes later,curled up on the counter,and took a nap.

It is MY opinion that cats are a LOT smarter than most people think,but they are just uninterested in most of what they see going on,so they ignore it.

BTW,my father's last words as he lay dying was "Boy,you take good care of that damn cat!". He would have never admitted he liked her if he hadn't known he was dying. He would get mad as hell if I came home and caught him cooking something for her and insist he didn't like her. AFAIR,he never once called her by her name (Homicide). He always called her "that damn cat!"

And,of course,she didn't give a damn if he liked her or not. She liked him,and that was all she cared about.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 04:14:29 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #2631 on: October 01, 2019, 05:13:34 pm »
@sneakypete  Great story.

@AllThatJazzZ Scary story.

@austingirl

It was so scary that that was the last cat I rescued. I put my dogs in danger. What was I thinking?  **nononono*

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2632 on: October 01, 2019, 05:36:03 pm »
@sneakypete

It is MY opinion that cats are a LOT smarter than most people think, but they are just uninterested in most of what they see going on, so they ignore it.

Cats ARE smarter than people -- well, most people I know or have known anyway.  Cats know what's important to them -- a warm home, plenty of good food, clean water, clean litter and some play.  They don't care what we look like.  They don't care if we like them.  You have to understand that we don't own cats; cats own us.  We are their servants and as long as we do our job of giving them what they need, they are fine.  The rest of the things we think are important -- they really don't care.

By the way, I love that name -- Homicide.  Given how tough she was, it was a very appropriate name.   

Offline austingirl

« Reply #2633 on: October 01, 2019, 06:15:00 pm »
@austingirl

It was so scary that that was the last cat I rescued. I put my dogs in danger. What was I thinking?  **nononono*

@AllThatJazzZ

I'm a dog person all the way although I did trap some feral kittens and a mama cat twice. Found homes for the babies and got mama spayed. Only a few minor scratches. I'm very allergic to cats and have never had one. My terrors don't like them.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2634 on: October 01, 2019, 08:39:42 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

I'm a dog person all the way although I did trap some feral kittens and a mama cat twice. Found homes for the babies and got mama spayed. Only a few minor scratches. I'm very allergic to cats and have never had one. My terrors don't like them.

I'm a dog person as well but I had a feral take up residence and have a litter. I made sure they were fed, kept the dogs away and eventually trapped all of them to go get fixed. They hung around. The MaMa cat (Mink) lived here for 10 years. Outside, in this area, that is quite an accomplishment. She was the one that really made me respect feline intelligence. One day, after 10 years outside, she decided she wanted to come in and check things out. She did that for about a week, always wanting to go back outside. But one day she stayed and I couldn't boot her out. She  lived for about 3 years after that...always very polite. Used the litter box, never tore things up never was a pita. AND the dogs, also inside, steered clear of her, lol. I miss her still.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #2635 on: October 01, 2019, 10:06:08 pm »

I'm a dog person as well but I had a feral take up residence and have a litter. I made sure they were fed, kept the dogs away and eventually trapped all of them to go get fixed. They hung around. The MaMa cat (Mink) lived here for 10 years. Outside, in this area, that is quite an accomplishment. She was the one that really made me respect feline intelligence. One day, after 10 years outside, she decided she wanted to come in and check things out. She did that for about a week, always wanting to go back outside. But one day she stayed and I couldn't boot her out. She  lived for about 3 years after that...always very polite. Used the litter box, never tore things up never was a pita. AND the dogs, also inside, steered clear of her, lol. I miss her still.

@berdie
She came inside to spend her retirement with you. Smart. indeed.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2636 on: October 04, 2019, 03:22:24 am »
   TTNMD (This Thread needs more Dog)

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2637 on: October 04, 2019, 01:51:54 pm »
   TTNMD (This Thread needs more Dog)

@corbe

SOMEBODY sure seems pretty satisfied with themselves,don't they?

The fact that Muslims hate dogs tells you everything you need to know about Islam.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 01:52:57 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2638 on: October 06, 2019, 03:38:02 am »
@Hopalong Ginsberg  "Fibonacci Kitteh"

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

« Reply #2639 on: October 06, 2019, 04:33:03 am »

Offline austingirl

« Reply #2640 on: October 08, 2019, 10:03:02 pm »
https://iheartdogs.com/giant-dog-comforts-rescue-kitten-during-bathtime/

Throughout her life, Ruby Jane has interacted with over 100 different rescue kittens. However, she recently bonded with Bodie, a nervous 5-week-old kitten.

pics at the link

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2641 on: October 08, 2019, 10:08:46 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline austingirl

« Reply #2642 on: October 10, 2019, 12:15:49 am »

never saw this before, a young axis buck hanging out with a young whitetail

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2643 on: October 10, 2019, 12:32:23 am »

never saw this before, a young axis buck hanging out with a young whitetail

That is odd.

There's a yearling buck here who keeps trying to join in when the little goats are hopping around and playing.  He's been trying to play with them since he was little and spotted. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2644 on: October 10, 2019, 04:06:13 am »
That is odd.

There's a yearling buck here who keeps trying to join in when the little goats are hopping around and playing.  He's been trying to play with them since he was little and spotted.

@Sanguine

Maybe orphaned and lonely?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2645 on: October 10, 2019, 01:11:46 pm »
@Sanguine

Poor baby. But so cute
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2646 on: October 10, 2019, 01:54:13 pm »
@Sanguine

No, mama is usually nearby. The little goats have such a good time I think he just wants to join in.  The goats seem to think he's funny-looking and won't let him play.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2647 on: October 10, 2019, 02:36:50 pm »
No, mama is usually nearby. The little goats have such a good time I think he just wants to join in.  The goats seem to think he's funny-looking and won't let him play.

@Sanguine

It's hard to find anything that has more fun than baby goats. SOB's are more coordinated an hour after birth that most us are at any time in our lives,and they LOVE to run,jump,and climb things.

I have no idea where all that enthusiasm goes to when they grow out of being kids,but adult goats seem to have all the comprehension of earth worms,and can barely work up enough enthusiasm to get out of the rain. If it ain't about eating,they ain't interested. 

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #2648 on: October 26, 2019, 08:09:27 pm »
I don't care who you are, this is just plain cute!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline austingirl

« Reply #2649 on: October 26, 2019, 11:51:30 pm »
I don't care who you are, this is just plain cute!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

That is cute!