Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 294218 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #2325 on: July 07, 2018, 08:39:33 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2326 on: July 07, 2018, 10:37:08 am »
Happy Caturday!!!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2327 on: July 07, 2018, 12:24:01 pm »
Dogs steal mail carrier's lunch, then their apology note goes viral

For decades, students across the country have offered up the classic excuse, "Dog ate my homework." But now, a letter carrier in Smithfield, Virginia is saying, "Dogs ate my lunch." And the story that unfolded has amused thousands of people on social media.

In June, Carol Jordan, who owns a five-acre farm in Isle of Wight, Virginia, stopped at her mailbox and discovered a handwritten note there from the woman who delivers her family's mail.

"Our immediate thought was, 'What did the boys do now?'" she told CBS News.

"The boys" in question are Bear and Bull, Jordan's 6-year-old black Labrador/mastiffs, which she and her husband rescued from a high kill shelter in North Carolina as puppies. Bear and Bull are brothers from the same litter, though Jordan notes that Bull -- the smaller one with the white spot on his chest -- is the ringleader when it comes to getting into trouble.

In this instance, however, it turns out the boys actually weren't in trouble. On the contrary, the neighborhood's friendly letter carrier actually left the family a note out of concern for the dogs' well-being.

The whole cute story can be found here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/dogs-steal-mail-carriers-lunch-then-their-apology-note-goes-viral/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2328 on: July 07, 2018, 12:28:27 pm »
Aww

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2329 on: July 08, 2018, 12:27:55 am »
Dogs steal mail carrier's lunch, then their apology note goes viral

For decades, students across the country have offered up the classic excuse, "Dog ate my homework." But now, a letter carrier in Smithfield, Virginia is saying, "Dogs ate my lunch." And the story that unfolded has amused thousands of people on social media.

In June, Carol Jordan, who owns a five-acre farm in Isle of Wight, Virginia, stopped at her mailbox and discovered a handwritten note there from the woman who delivers her family's mail.

"Our immediate thought was, 'What did the boys do now?'" she told CBS News.

"The boys" in question are Bear and Bull, Jordan's 6-year-old black Labrador/mastiffs, which she and her husband rescued from a high kill shelter in North Carolina as puppies. Bear and Bull are brothers from the same litter, though Jordan notes that Bull -- the smaller one with the white spot on his chest -- is the ringleader when it comes to getting into trouble.

In this instance, however, it turns out the boys actually weren't in trouble. On the contrary, the neighborhood's friendly letter carrier actually left the family a note out of concern for the dogs' well-being.

The whole cute story can be found here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/dogs-steal-mail-carriers-lunch-then-their-apology-note-goes-viral/
Them there dogs is called Mastadors Ma'am, I knows cause I gots one!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2330 on: July 08, 2018, 12:45:40 am »

He's gigantic! And lovely.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #2331 on: July 08, 2018, 01:20:06 am »
He's gigantic! And lovely.
@austingirl
They are a wonderful mix, of course since there is no real standard any Mastiff bred with any Labrador results in a Mastador. I adopted mine, he was one of seven that were the result of inadequate fencing and lust. One neighbors English Mastiff went into heat and the other neighbors American Field Lab answered the call. My dog is an old man now, he just turned ten and has been a pretty consistent 150# for the last four or five years. Mastadors are gentle, easy going, faithfull, and couch potatoes. They look like over sized Labrador Retrievers.

Oh that picture of him on the swing with me? He did that on his own, he just lined up beside the swing and lay down, it was one of his favorite places.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2332 on: July 08, 2018, 02:02:11 am »
@austingirl
They are a wonderful mix, of course since there is no real standard any Mastiff bred with any Labrador results in a Mastador. I adopted mine, he was one of seven that were the result of inadequate fencing and lust. One neighbors English Mastiff went into heat and the other neighbors American Field Lab answered the call. My dog is an old man now, he just turned ten and has been a pretty consistent 150# for the last four or five years. Mastadors are gentle, easy going, faithfull, and couch potatoes. They look like over sized Labrador Retrievers.

Oh that picture of him on the swing with me? He did that on his own, he just lined up beside the swing and lay down, it was one of his favorite places.

He loves his person. Dogs are the best. My two little ones total 27#. I'm such a pushover, I can't do big dogs, thought I love all sizes.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2333 on: July 08, 2018, 04:38:59 am »
Catrick Swayze chirps at the birds!
by StickyTheaterRat
https://i.imgur.com/8doxcx9.mp4

Be sure to turn on the sound in lower-right.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2334 on: July 08, 2018, 05:15:58 am »
@GtHawk

I love your doggy!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2335 on: July 08, 2018, 05:17:53 am »
Catrick Swayze chirps at the birds!
by StickyTheaterRat
https://i.imgur.com/8doxcx9.mp4

Be sure to turn on the sound in lower-right.

Ping @Hopalong Ginsberg

@Suppressed - kitty looks like my dear Cleopatra, angel at the Rainbow Bridge

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2336 on: July 08, 2018, 05:25:45 am »

@Freya
A pretty lady, I bet!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #2337 on: July 08, 2018, 05:42:41 am »
@GtHawk

I love your doggy!
@Freya
Thank you, he's been my best friend for ten years, I got him after I lost a dog and felt, I don't know like something was missing. I did a search of the local rescues and saw him and was just drawn to him, after a visit to the local shelter was a wash we just made it to the rescues event where he would be. They had all the dogs at the event loose in a fenced area and we went in and sat down, here where it gets a bit weird, one of the pups(pup is a joke he was 55 pounds at 5 months) came up to me and rested his head on my arm looking at me, he was the same dog I was drawn to on their website, had the same scratch on his nose. Oddly, we decided to adopt him even though the fee was a burden at the time. Sometimes you just have to go with Fate. If I believed in reincarnation I would swear he was a kitten I rescued from a parking lot where I worked, she was devoted to me and was very dog like, would play fetch as long as I would throw the toy and always wanted to sit with me, she lived for eighteen years.

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

« Reply #2338 on: July 08, 2018, 06:54:46 am »
Ping @Hopalong Ginsberg

Awww! Thanks!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2339 on: July 08, 2018, 10:56:26 am »
Dawg or Cat?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

« Reply #2340 on: July 08, 2018, 11:21:52 am »
Dawg or Cat?

I am thinking a weird mix of both
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2341 on: July 08, 2018, 12:03:20 pm »
@Freya
Thank you, he's been my best friend for ten years, I got him after I lost a dog and felt, I don't know like something was missing. I did a search of the local rescues and saw him and was just drawn to him, after a visit to the local shelter was a wash we just made it to the rescues event where he would be. They had all the dogs at the event loose in a fenced area and we went in and sat down, here where it gets a bit weird, one of the pups(pup is a joke he was 55 pounds at 5 months) came up to me and rested his head on my arm looking at me, he was the same dog I was drawn to on their website, had the same scratch on his nose. Oddly, we decided to adopt him even though the fee was a burden at the time. Sometimes you just have to go with Fate. If I believed in reincarnation I would swear he was a kitten I rescued from a parking lot where I worked, she was devoted to me and was very dog like, would play fetch as long as I would throw the toy and always wanted to sit with me, she lived for eighteen years.

Oh gosh, I’m crying what a beautiful story. I do actually believe in reincarnation, another reason why I don’t get along with my family. @GtHawk

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2342 on: July 08, 2018, 01:17:28 pm »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2343 on: July 08, 2018, 02:25:02 pm »

That's great! They seem like they'd have wonderful personality!
+++++++++

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2344 on: July 08, 2018, 02:33:17 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2346 on: July 08, 2018, 03:18:13 pm »
That's a lot of dog!

With a heart to match!  @GtHawk is a mighty lucky man to have a great dawg like that!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2347 on: July 08, 2018, 04:19:37 pm »

Thank you for setting me straight. 

I have no experience with Mastadors, but I did meet a mastiff once.  Friend  and I were walking through a dog friendly park near her home.  We two old ladies had stopped to rest and were sitting on a bench when we were approached by a mastiff and his owner.  My friend saw the dog first at a bit of a distance and since her eyes are as bad as mine, she thought it was a bear.  I said I doubt it -- never saw a bear walking through a park on a leash with a human.  LOL

Anyway, dog and owner came close and the dog wanted to come over to see us.  So the owner let him.  The owner advised us that despite the mastiff's intimidating size, he was actually a gentle giant.  The dog came over to me and put his head on my lap (the head felt like a ton of bricks).  He just wanted some pets and a few ear scratches, so I obliged.  Really sweet dog.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #2348 on: July 08, 2018, 05:20:40 pm »
Thank you for setting me straight. 

I have no experience with Mastadors, but I did meet a mastiff once.  Friend  and I were walking through a dog friendly park near her home.  We two old ladies had stopped to rest and were sitting on a bench when we were approached by a mastiff and his owner.  My friend saw the dog first at a bit of a distance and since her eyes are as bad as mine, she thought it was a bear.  I said I doubt it -- never saw a bear walking through a park on a leash with a human.  LOL

Anyway, dog and owner came close and the dog wanted to come over to see us.  So the owner let him.  The owner advised us that despite the mastiff's intimidating size, he was actually a gentle giant.  The dog came over to me and put his head on my lap (the head felt like a ton of bricks).  He just wanted some pets and a few ear scratches, so I obliged.  Really sweet dog.
@Applewood
I can see how you would think that was directed at you, but it wasn't, I was attempting humor (where I usually fall flat) as if I was speaking  to the dogs owner who identified them as Labrador/Mastiffs. Shortly after I got mine I jokingly referred to him as a Mastador when people asked what he was. I was really surprised when I did a web search and discovered that they are an identified mix and have a website as Mastadors.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2349 on: July 08, 2018, 06:41:34 pm »