Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 294240 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #1300 on: November 08, 2017, 11:39:13 pm »

Prissy was six this past July 30.  The doc said if I let it go for a year or more, arthritis would set in, and she would be crippled even after the surgery with the amount of damage and arthritis in there.  The first vet said let it go until it wouldn't go back in, then he would fix it.  He was not an orthopedic surgeon so that from him was bad advice.

A story that happened today.  I took Prissy to her groomer, a lady in her late forties or so.  She is my friend.  Her left arm had a cast on it and I asked her what happened.  She fell on a dance floor and disjointed her wrist and broke both arm bones - the ulna and radius.  She was in pain.  The cost of the surgery is $10,000 and she doesn't have insurance.  Her son sold some of his 401k to pay for it and that takes time.  That happened two weeks ago so it hasn't been fixed - she is living with broken bones in her arm.  The surgery is next week for steel pins and screws, etc..  Her income is cut down since she can't do big dogs now with only one arm able to function.  She has little money.

I put a $100 bill in my jacket to give to her when I picked up Prissy.  I didn't think to tell Bob I was doing that.  When I was getting out of the car to go in there, Bob handed me a $100 bill to give to her.  I told him I was doing that, too.

So, I go in and the groomer is sitting with the secretary.  I pulled out my $100 bill and said I was giving that to her for what she needed, don't give it to a doctor or son or anyone, it was for her.  She started crying and walked around the deck to come to me.  Then, I took out the other $100 bill and said Bob wanted her to have that.  She put her arms around me and cried heavily.

Then, she walked outside - it has been raining all day - into the rain to go talk to Bob. He told her not to catch cold adding to her problem and go back inside.

We both felt we had to help this dear woman who loves our Prissy.  She will call us after the surgery to tell us how she is. Her name is Karen - if you pray, keep her in your prayers.  Thanks.

Bless you both, that was a very nice thing to do.
Let it burn.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1301 on: November 09, 2017, 12:17:16 am »
@austingirl
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@Freya
@Ghost Bear

Prissy was six this past July 30.  The doc said if I let it go for a year or more, arthritis would set in, and she would be crippled even after the surgery with the amount of damage and arthritis in there.  The first vet said let it go until it wouldn't go back in, then he would fix it.  He was not an orthopedic surgeon so that from him was bad advice.

A story that happened today.  I took Prissy to her groomer, a lady in her late forties or so.  She is my friend.  Her left arm had a cast on it and I asked her what happened.  She fell on a dance floor and disjointed her wrist and broke both arm bones - the ulna and radius.  She was in pain.  The cost of the surgery is $10,000 and she doesn't have insurance.  Her son sold some of his 401k to pay for it and that takes time.  That happened two weeks ago so it hasn't been fixed - she is living with broken bones in her arm.  The surgery is next week for steel pins and screws, etc..  Her income is cut down since she can't do big dogs now with only one arm able to function.  She has little money.

I put a $100 bill in my jacket to give to her when I picked up Prissy.  I didn't think to tell Bob I was doing that.  When I was getting out of the car to go in there, Bob handed me a $100 bill to give to her.  I told him I was doing that, too.

So, I go in and the groomer is sitting with the secretary.  I pulled out my $100 bill and said I was giving that to her for what she needed, don't give it to a doctor or son or anyone, it was for her.  She started crying and walked around the deck to come to me.  Then, I took out the other $100 bill and said Bob wanted her to have that.  She put her arms around me and cried heavily.

Then, she walked outside - it has been raining all day - into the rain to go talk to Bob. He told her not to catch cold adding to her problem and go back inside.

We both felt we had to help this dear woman who loves our Prissy.  She will call us after the surgery to tell us how she is. Her name is Karen - if you pray, keep her in your prayers.  Thanks.

@Victoria33

I will do that.  You and Bob are such good people. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #1302 on: November 09, 2017, 12:18:32 am »
@Suppressed

Really good ones today- don't know which one I liked most.

My little rescue Harriet, whom I've had only four months, started screaming Tuesday morning. Went to the vet and learned her left knee cap is going in and out. Have Previcox but could not get her to take it or even eat or drink. I was sick to my stomach to see her in such pain. She finally slept a little, hiding in her crate. I left her alone because she wanted that. This morning she got up on her own, still screaming. I finally got her to eat and she now has first dose of Previcox onboard. It is not fast acting so I also gave her a little Tramadol. She is resting quietly now. I am so worried but relieved she is not in as much pain.

@austingirl, that's horrible.  I can hardly stand reading about it.  I'm so sorry for your baby.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #1303 on: November 09, 2017, 12:34:57 am »
@Victoria33
I will do that.  You and Bob are such good people.

@CatherineofAragon
@Freya
@mystery-ak

I couldn't stand the idea of her having no money and I had some I won and she had a useless arm with broken bones and was living with the pain.  When Prissy was sick with her leg, Karen offered to come to the house to bathe her and comb her out - for free.  I would have paid her, of course, if we had to do that, but she offered that from her good heart.

If everyone acted through love with other people, this world would be different.  That is part of what my next book is about - act through love.  This world is doomed if love for others is gone.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1304 on: November 09, 2017, 12:42:29 am »
@CatherineofAragon
@Freya
@mystery-ak

I couldn't stand the idea of her having no money and I had some I won and she had a useless arm with broken bones and was living with the pain.  When Prissy was sick with her leg, Karen offered to come to the house to bathe her and comb her out - for free.  I would have paid her, of course, if we had to do that, but she offered that from her good heart.

If everyone acted through love with other people, this world would be different.  That is part of what my next book is about - act through love.  This world is doomed if love for others is gone.

@Victoria33

That's probably the post of the day.  We could take a lesson from you.  I definitely could.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1305 on: November 09, 2017, 12:48:13 am »
@Victoria33

That's probably the post of the day.  We could take a lesson from you.  I definitely could.

Me too.  I've paid it forward a couple of times.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1306 on: November 09, 2017, 02:11:18 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1307 on: November 09, 2017, 02:29:56 pm »
Me too.  I've paid it forward a couple of times.

I love paying it forward for the simple reason it makes ME feel happy.

It's a twofer. Good deed for someone and I feel happy doing it.

As good as a donut but no calories
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1308 on: November 09, 2017, 02:39:35 pm »
I love paying it forward for the simple reason it makes ME feel happy.

It's a twofer. Good deed for someone and I feel happy doing it.

As good as a donut but no calories
When I was a kid, I never understood anonymous donations.  Like a typical kid, I wanted credit when I did something good!  But as an adult, I do those things all the time and the "credit" isn't the important part anymore.

My mother pays it forward often, and the other day, someone actually did the same for her -- it really made her day.   She was getting the $5.99 lunch special at a Chinese restaurant with my dad.  My dad is blind and has other medical issues, so he needs lots of help with getting the food into a bowl where he can scoop it up, etc. 

My mom noticed that the only other patron in the restaurant was looking at them a lot, and when she went to pay at the end of the meal, it turns out the other lady had paid, saying she wanted to do something nice for my mom for all of the work it takes to help my dad.

Just hearing that someone noticed and appreciated her efforts made her day even more than the cost of the meal, I think (though that part was appreciated, too)!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1309 on: November 09, 2017, 02:43:33 pm »
When I was a kid, I never understood anonymous donations.  Like a typical kid, I wanted credit when I did something good!  But as an adult, I do those things all the time and the "credit" isn't the important part anymore.

My mother pays it forward often, and the other day, someone actually did the same for her -- it really made her day.   She was getting the $5.99 lunch special at a Chinese restaurant with my dad.  My dad is blind and has other medical issues, so he needs lots of help with getting the food into a bowl where he can scoop it up, etc. 

My mom noticed that the only other patron in the restaurant was looking at them a lot, and when she went to pay at the end of the meal, it turns out the other lady had paid, saying she wanted to do something nice for my mom for all of the work it takes to help my dad.

Just hearing that someone noticed and appreciated her efforts made her day even more than the cost of the meal, I think (though that part was appreciated, too)!

Yay! I think that's beautiful @Suppressed

I hope he got a good fortune cookie too.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1310 on: November 09, 2017, 03:00:23 pm »
Yay! I think that's beautiful @Suppressed

I hope he got a good fortune cookie too.

I should have asked, @Freya!

+++++++++

Offline Millee

« Reply #1311 on: November 09, 2017, 03:20:05 pm »

Okay, this made me giggle.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1312 on: November 09, 2017, 03:50:07 pm »

I love pugs

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1313 on: November 09, 2017, 04:00:58 pm »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1314 on: November 09, 2017, 04:01:16 pm »

HA!

I love that look.
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1315 on: November 09, 2017, 04:01:39 pm »
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1316 on: November 09, 2017, 04:54:46 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
@Freya
@mystery-ak

@Victoria33 @Cyber Liberty @Freya @CatherineofAragon @Applewood @Suppressed

Victoria33, you are a gem to help your groomer. I will pray for her.

Harriet insisted on sleeping in bed last night. Not a peep out of her. She is eating well and resting now. I am monitoring her closely and so far, so good. Thanks for your kind thoughts. We love our dear little companions so very much.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1317 on: November 09, 2017, 04:56:04 pm »
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1318 on: November 09, 2017, 04:58:35 pm »

@Suppressed

Wonderful story!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1319 on: November 09, 2017, 05:01:43 pm »

Are those pugs at the bottom of the page where the donor button is? Such cute doggies

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1320 on: November 09, 2017, 05:05:00 pm »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1321 on: November 09, 2017, 05:14:27 pm »
Some day I'm going to be a doggy momma

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1322 on: November 09, 2017, 06:35:02 pm »
Are those pugs at the bottom of the page where the donor button is? Such cute doggies

Bulldog puppies. 

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1323 on: November 09, 2017, 07:05:27 pm »
Bulldog puppies.

Baby winstons! Want.