Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 294197 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #1100 on: October 19, 2017, 03:30:51 pm »
Rescue dogs are the best. All of ours have been. Quite a few are older and have health issues, but they are so grateful to be in a home with unconditional love.

Absolutely!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1101 on: October 19, 2017, 03:38:07 pm »
I feel the same way about cats.  All of my cats were strays and they have been the most loving companions.  My current cat is next to me right now watching me type on the laptop.  As long as I reach over and scratch his ears from time to time. he will stay by my side.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1102 on: October 19, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1103 on: October 19, 2017, 04:08:55 pm »
Another Before/After...

Before and after adoption of our lab mix. He was going to be put down after being surrendered twice.
submitted 14 hours ago by FSM_noodly_love

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1104 on: October 19, 2017, 04:14:36 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1105 on: October 19, 2017, 04:15:23 pm »
Baby bear's first climb...

+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1106 on: October 19, 2017, 04:18:43 pm »
There are two kinds of cats...

+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1107 on: October 19, 2017, 04:20:21 pm »
This one always gets me...

http://i.imgur.com/uHOA1DG.mp4
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1108 on: October 19, 2017, 05:11:32 pm »

http://youtu.be/bktozJWbLQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bktozJWbLQg

102 y/o Dancer Sees Herself on Film for the First Time
Tenfresh 16,464,418 views
Published on Apr 20, 2015

Alice Barker was a chorus line dancer during the Harlem Renaissance of the the 1930s and 40s. She danced at clubs such as The Apollo, Cotton Club, The Zanzibar Club, and on Broadway—with legends including Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly, and Bill "Bojangles" Robinson. Although she danced in numerous movies, commercials and TV shows, she had never seen any of them, and all of her photographs and memorabilia had been lost over the years.

After years of searching we found three "Soundies" Alice appeared in and were finally able to show them to her — she had never seen herself in motion in her life!

Alice passed away peacefully on Wednesday, April 6th, 2016. She spent the last day of her life in good spirits, enjoying listening to music and having her mail read to her. Thank you to all the thousands of fans who sent in cards, flowers, and art. You truly gave her deep joy and meaning in the last years of her life!

You can learn more about Alice at the little website we've set up for her: http://www.alicebarkernotbaker.com/

All of Alice's films from this video are collected here:
https://youtu.be/rpg5D0AAA2w

For more info about the dancers of the Harlem Renaissance, we recommend the lovely documentary "Been Rich All My Life" —several of the women in the film danced with Alice back in the day!

A little more about the who's who here: "We" are friends of Alice who searched for the films and made this video. I'm David Shuff, a volunteer who visits the home with my therapy dog Katie, and have known Alice for 8 years. The woman in the video is Gail Campbell, a recreation therapist (and an amazing one at that!). She never gave up on finding Alice's films, and uncovered the first piece of the puzzle that lead to us finding them — which was Alicia Thompson; a historian of black female performers who had been looking for Alice for years (her site is http://forclassicmovieloversonly.trip... and her YouTube channel is "MusicandDancing4Ever"). She told us that Alice was in films called 'soundies'.

Using that clue I found jazz historian Mark Cantor of http://jazz-on-film.com and he was able to send us three of Alice's soundies from his collection. Shortly afterwards Alicia got us a few more films.

This video was filmed on cellphones (and almost as an afterthought!) by my friends Darin Tatum and Tom Hunt.

Cute? I think so.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:13:19 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1109 on: October 19, 2017, 05:26:01 pm »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1110 on: October 19, 2017, 07:32:22 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1111 on: October 19, 2017, 07:43:05 pm »
http://i.imgur.com/guBUIl0.mp4

So, that not where the expression "happy as a pig on ice" came from.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1112 on: October 19, 2017, 08:29:05 pm »
+++++++++

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1113 on: October 19, 2017, 08:39:42 pm »
What a sweet boy!  And the mailman is a good man, too...made sure the good dawg got back with the goods before he left.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #1114 on: October 19, 2017, 09:09:43 pm »
Let it burn.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1115 on: October 19, 2017, 09:18:04 pm »
Retrievers gotta retrieve!

And so, so gentle about it.  With a little wag of the tail when his good job was well completed on the porch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1116 on: October 20, 2017, 01:07:35 pm »
All vehicles must come equipped with a pup holder

+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1117 on: October 20, 2017, 01:10:23 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1118 on: October 20, 2017, 01:23:02 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1119 on: October 20, 2017, 02:20:34 pm »
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1120 on: October 20, 2017, 03:09:32 pm »

Pure sweetness.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #1121 on: October 20, 2017, 03:13:49 pm »

You know, in 2-3 years he's not going to be able to figure out why he doesn't fit there any more.  :laugh:
Let it burn.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1122 on: October 20, 2017, 05:42:19 pm »
You know, in 2-3 years he's not going to be able to figure out why he doesn't fit there any more.  :laugh:

True!!
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1123 on: October 20, 2017, 05:42:33 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1124 on: October 20, 2017, 05:43:17 pm »
And so, so gentle about it.  With a little wag of the tail when his good job was well completed on the porch.

I hadn't noticed the tag wag at the very end, @Cyber Liberty.  Thanks for pointing that out!
+++++++++