Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 294231 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #875 on: October 01, 2017, 08:30:38 pm »
I love how the other cat (the one that stays on the boat) is all  like, "Wait, what?"  From his body language it looks like he's trying to identify the danger that caused Cat1 to make that jump...

I looked at it like he was the reload in a rocket launcher, moving into position.  But you're right, that body language!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #876 on: October 01, 2017, 08:32:08 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #877 on: October 01, 2017, 09:09:01 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #878 on: October 01, 2017, 09:23:33 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #879 on: October 01, 2017, 09:31:54 pm »

Clark Gable and Carole Lombard
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #880 on: October 01, 2017, 09:38:15 pm »
When We See Something Cute, Why Do We Want to Squeeze It?
The aggressive urge some people get when they see an adorable animal or baby may be connected to our emotional health.
By Liz Langley, National Geographic
PUBLISHED OCTOBER 10, 2015
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/10/151010-science-psychology-babies-animals-culture-behavior/

At the home of cat breeder Lynn Figueroa of Junglespots, bobcat kittens get acclimated to humans and other animals before their sale. This one is six weeks old. PHOTOGRAPH BY VINCENT J. MUSI, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CREATIVE

The first step is admitting you have a problem. A very cute problem.

“Why, when something is adorable, do we get the urge to squeeze it and squish it?” National Geographic's own Emily Tye asked Saturday’s Weird Animal Question of the Week. “Seems dangerous, evolutionarily speaking!”

Rest assured, Emily:
you’re not alone.

In a 2015 study in Psychological Science, Yale University psychologist Oriana Aragon and team found that people who have extremely positive reactions to images of cute babies also “displayed stronger aggressive expressions,” such as wanting to pinch the babies' cheeks.

[...]

Excerpt.  Read more (including the answer) at http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/10/151010-science-psychology-babies-animals-culture-behavior/ .
+++++++++

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #881 on: October 01, 2017, 09:43:11 pm »
A mystery Mr. Whipple chased his whole life....

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #882 on: October 01, 2017, 09:59:47 pm »
A mystery Mr. Whipple chased his whole life....

Can't blame the guy...sometimes, the urge to squeeze is irresistable!

+++++++++

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #883 on: October 01, 2017, 10:29:11 pm »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #884 on: October 01, 2017, 10:32:34 pm »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #885 on: October 02, 2017, 05:21:58 pm »
Saudi man shares a photo of him teaching his wife to drive

+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #886 on: October 02, 2017, 05:42:20 pm »
Saudi man shares a photo of him teaching his wife to drive

^-^

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #887 on: October 02, 2017, 06:26:00 pm »
Obsessed with hair...
http://i.imgur.com/9FbTuQ8.mp4
+++++++++

Offline Applewood

« Reply #888 on: October 02, 2017, 06:32:19 pm »
Obsessed with hair...
http://i.imgur.com/9FbTuQ8.mp4

Probably because he doesn't have any...although my friend's long furred cat loves to nuzzle my head and sniff my hair.  In his case, I think he wonders how we humans can go around with hardly any fur.  And they can't understand that we clean our fur with soap and water instead of using our tongues. 

By the way, I need this thread today after following all the sad news and yakking about the Las Vegas tragedy.  Thank you for keeping this thread going today. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #889 on: October 02, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »
Probably because he doesn't have any...although my friend's long furred cat loves to nuzzle my head and sniff my hair.  In his case, I think he wonders how we humans can go around with hardly any fur.  And they can't understand that we clean our fur with soap and water instead of using our tongues. 

By the way, I need this thread today after following all the sad news and yakking about the Las Vegas tragedy.  Thank you for keeping this thread going today.

You're welcome, @Applewood

Interesting points on cats' perspective on humans.  I hadn't thought of that before.

+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #890 on: October 02, 2017, 07:07:49 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #891 on: October 02, 2017, 07:09:43 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #892 on: October 02, 2017, 07:16:58 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #893 on: October 02, 2017, 08:30:16 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #894 on: October 03, 2017, 12:53:25 am »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #895 on: October 03, 2017, 12:53:53 am »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #896 on: October 03, 2017, 01:45:04 am »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #897 on: October 03, 2017, 01:47:26 am »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #898 on: October 03, 2017, 07:49:16 pm »
+++++++++

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #899 on: October 03, 2017, 08:59:55 pm »
@Suppressed

Had to look up pangolin. They are the only known scaled mammal.
Principles matter. Words matter.