Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 294205 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #725 on: September 12, 2017, 08:55:52 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #726 on: September 12, 2017, 08:56:27 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #727 on: September 13, 2017, 12:32:12 am »
@Freya I couldn't find the dog/cat thread so I'm posting this here.

Thank you my little Jack Russell for 14 wonderful years of loyalty, playfulness, obnoxiousness, and for making the death of my father 14 years ago bearable. It broke my heart to have to take you to the vet this morning to have you put down, but watching you suffer uncontrollably in back pain, is not something I could continue to put you through.  I'm sorry I couldn't hold you as they put you to sleep, but I just couldn't bear to watch.  Please forgive me..... 

Thank you God for my dear friend.

I know the dog can't hear me....but I feel better....lol.  ^-^

My heart is breaking for you. It's the worst day of a dog owner's life and one we all dread. I wish I had words of comfort, but the best I can do is to tell you that I understand the pain.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #728 on: September 13, 2017, 01:35:25 am »
Thank you for the kind replies.  I was truly blessed to have this little dog. 

Now to find another that doesn't SHED.   ^-^

Thank you all again......

I got one word for you ... poodle! I got my first poodle when I rescued one through an adoption agency back in the 80s. I, like you, was looking to get a dog that didn't shed, so I put the word out to various animal adoption organizations. Within a couple of days I got a call that a miniature poodle had been picked up from the mean streets of Galveston and that if I was interested, I should get down there because poodles are always in demand.

She was a mess when I first got her. She'd obviously been on the street quite a while. She was quite skinny. Her hair was matted to the skin and had to be shaved to almost bald. Of course her hair grew back, and OMG, she was gorgeous! It turned out to be a match made in heaven. She was about 11 lbs., athletic, a squirrel chaser extraordinaire (see trophy below), brilliant and gobs of fun. I had found my breed!

Since then I've become a self-appointed poodle ambassador, largely because they so frequently get unfairly dissed by so-called dog lovers. I've heard all the stereotypical arguments against them, and I have an answer for all of them.

Here are a few of their selling points:
1. They don't shed.
2. They're hypoallergenic for almost everyone who has allergies to dogs. There are a few exceptions.
3. They come in all sizes and colors.
4. They are the 2nd most intelligent breed, falling in behind border collies which are #1.
5. They don’t shed.
6. Standards are able to be trained as hunting dogs. Especially good in water.
7. They're quick learners when it comes to housebreaking (at least all mine were).
8. You do NOT have to make them wear those goofy poufy hairdos that you see in dog shows. No poodle owner I know does that, opting instead for the basic puppy cut.
9. They don't shed.
10. They’re not yappy unless you allow them to be. I’ve never allowed my dogs to bark incessantly – only when there’s a noise or someone at the door. If a dog is yappy (big or small), it’s more a statement about the owner than the dog.
11. Have I mentioned that they don't shed?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #729 on: September 13, 2017, 02:27:36 am »
Well....I've started the process of looking online for dogs that don't shed.  My Jack Russell in her later years was shedding something unbelievable. 

I'm looking for a dog with these qualities.

1. Doesn't shed....or not much.
2. Is a healthy breed.
3.  Small enough to pick up if needed...20 lbs give or take.
4. Would be good to walk with at the park for exercise.
5.  That would be ok left alone during the day....and wouldn't destroy my house.  My Jack Russell tore the curtains down and blinds when I was out of town once.

Any recommendations?

I saw a Havanese in the airport a few years back that a man was bringing home for his son.  Didn't shed and was a beautiful dog.  Don't know how it would be for walking though.

Thank you all for your kindness.

I'm looking for a dog with these qualities.

1. Doesn't shed....or not much.
2. Is a healthy breed.
3.  Small enough to pick up if needed...20 lbs give or take.
4. Would be good to walk with at the park for exercise.
5.  That would be ok left alone during the day....and wouldn't destroy my house.  My Jack Russell tore the curtains down and blinds when I was out of town once.

Any recommendations?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, again I'm saying poodles.

1. Poodles don't shed.
2.a. 12th most healthy breed https://www.certapet.com/media/30-healthiest-dog-breeds/
2.b. Or 3rd https://iheartdogs.com/the-10-healthiest-dog-breeds/
2.c. Or one of the breeds with the longest life span https://www.cesarsway.com/about-dogs/breeds/top-10-dog-breeds-that-live-the-longest 
3. A miniature poodle would probably be the best size for you.
4. I walk my dogs at "our park" (a small city park near me) five to seven times a week. Because of my own personal issues, I have never leashed trained my dogs. The only "leash" they've been tethered to is my verbal command. This situation doesn't work for everyone. Our park rarely has others there, so we usually have it all to ourselves. The dogs are free to read and respond to their pee-mail as they please, but if others come to the park, they are required to come to my side immediately upon my calling. They're not allowed to step off the curb without my permission, so they stop at every curb and wait for the signal. I've raised three generations of dogs with this method. It won't work for everyone because circumstances are different. I wouldn't take them to a busy park. Too many distractions and opportunities for other dogs to hurt them. My little park is such a jewel for us, I can't see myself ever moving away from it.
5. Frankly, I don't recommend any dog be left alone for long periods of time. I did it for years before I came to understand that dogs, as very social pack animals, need companionship. That's why I eventually opted for two dogs. Once you retire or if you have someone who works at home, then it's okay to have just one dog. If I could go back in time, I'd never have required my other dogs to be at home alone while I was at work. I didn't have the knowledge back then that I have now. That said, my poodles didn't tear up stuff when I left them alone – once they got through puppyhood, that is. During puppyhood, all bets are off!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:02:46 am by AllThatJazzZ »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #730 on: September 14, 2017, 02:25:06 pm »
I think they're a bit excited about going to the park...

+++++++++

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #731 on: September 14, 2017, 04:01:20 pm »
I think they're a bit excited about going to the park...

They look like they're singing along with the radio!   :laugh:
Let it burn.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #732 on: September 14, 2017, 04:32:20 pm »
They look like they're singing along with the radio!   :laugh:
I'm sure they are!

+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #733 on: September 15, 2017, 03:50:58 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #734 on: September 15, 2017, 03:57:24 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #735 on: September 15, 2017, 03:57:41 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #736 on: September 15, 2017, 03:58:26 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #737 on: September 15, 2017, 08:17:38 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #738 on: September 15, 2017, 08:24:49 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #739 on: September 15, 2017, 08:25:35 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #740 on: September 15, 2017, 08:25:55 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #741 on: September 15, 2017, 08:28:19 pm »
When you get kicked out of the club but can still hear them playing your favourite song
http://i.imgur.com/bxVXMT5.mp4
+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #742 on: September 15, 2017, 08:30:21 pm »

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #743 on: September 15, 2017, 08:35:34 pm »
When you get kicked out of the club but can still hear them playing your favourite song

Heh, you can find videos of that dog on YouTube, where his "dancing" has been put to various music.
Let it burn.

Offline Millee

« Reply #744 on: September 15, 2017, 09:08:31 pm »
Cuties @Suppressed !! 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #745 on: September 16, 2017, 03:30:43 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #746 on: September 16, 2017, 08:31:33 pm »
After earthquake, finding her cat safe...   ^-^
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #747 on: September 16, 2017, 10:39:43 pm »
Kitty has The Carpet Experience for the first time...

http://i.imgur.com/Wxkn3gY.mp4
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #748 on: September 18, 2017, 02:34:40 am »
Boise State has a dog who retrieves the tee after Kickoffs and I've never seen anything so pure
Javen Knott‏  @jjbadluck 11:21 AM - 15 Sep 2017

Original, with audio:

https://twitter.com/jjbadluck/status/908757697092362241

No audio needed:
http://i.imgur.com/SCLuQGJ.mp4
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #749 on: September 18, 2017, 02:39:57 am »
CAT.EXE has stopped responding . . .

http://i.imgur.com/IcuSaJT.mp4

(Intense concentration on a fly.)
+++++++++