Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 294279 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2017, 08:36:01 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2017, 10:23:20 pm »
@Suppressed

Kind of an early take-off for the doxie-did she stick the landing? ^-^

Those corgis getting toweled off are so well-behaved. Most dog I've ever had at once is four. Now I have two and they are pretty compliant with getting paws wiped on the rare occasions it rains in my part of Texas.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2017, 11:02:52 pm »
How about some toddler cuteness??   ^-^

I love to watch younguns learn!

@Millee
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2017, 11:05:18 pm »
But dogs... Ah, dogs. That unique combination of nobility, loyalty, transparency and silliness just speaks to me.
Definitely!  Well stated!

In light of all that, I could never have a dog that didn't follow my commands.

Same here.

I don't know what it is, but upon reflection, I think that it might be how some poodle owners are...that they don't "raise their dogs right"...rather than the breed.  :laugh:

And then, this sums up cats...

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:09:08 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2017, 11:33:34 pm »

Eine fliegende Hund.  I love it.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #230 on: July 20, 2017, 12:19:06 am »
Interesting. As someone who has experienced a gravitational pull toward dogs since I was old enough to get from point A to point B, I can't remember a dog I didn't click with. In the interest of full disclosure, I actually prefer the company of dogs to that of 99.5% of the people I've ever come into contact with. That is probably where the difference lies. No offense to humans. Some of my best friends have been human. But dogs... Ah, dogs. That unique combination of nobility, loyalty, transparency and silliness just speaks to me.

In light of all that, I could never have a dog that didn't follow my commands. My dogs aren't allowed to bark incessantly. Only when there's someone at the door or near the house is it allowed. They must be able to walk without a leash. Because of where I walk them, they don't have to heel, but they must come when called. Jumping up on visitors isn't allowed. They must wait for permission to take food, exit the house, step off the curb, jump in or out of the car, etc. "Sit," "stay" and "drop it" are commands they learn from the very beginning. I've actually had parents ask me to train their kids! Yes, I'm a disciplinarian, but it's served my dogs and me well.

Nice to know I'm not the only one with such an affinity for dogs. I am not as good a trainer as you are.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2017, 04:03:51 am »

What an amazing leap! I watched it loop at least 15 times hoping to figure out if she makes it. I'm saying she did. What do you think?

P.S. It never occurred to me that dogs had to beware of the canine version of a cattle guard.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2017, 04:57:15 am »
I don't know what it is, but upon reflection, I think that it might be how some poodle owners are...that they don't "raise their dogs right"...rather than the breed.  :laugh:

I hear what you're saying. I had a notion like that in my 20s when I visited an aunt who had a friend visiting with her poodles. The friend was "the stereotypical poodle owner." That can mean a lot of things but for me it meant shee-shee-pooh-pooh haircuts, painted nails (the dogs', not the lady's), and perfume. It was off-putting to me and caused me to think I didn't care for poodles. I don't remember how long before it dawned on me that it wasn't the poodles I found annoying. It was, as you said, the owner! It wasn't until years later after I rescued my first one that I understood that a poodle, when allowed to be a dog, has as much dogness as other breeds. I found myself wondering if that lady's dogs were allowed to do fun dog stuff and not just be her trophies. I sincerely hope so.

My little rescue (a miniature, about 11 lbs.) was meshuga for chasing squirrels. One day one decided to taunt her. Bad decision. He didn't know she could jump. Result: He had to scurry up the tree missing the tip of his tail.

Indulge this mama as she does a little bragging...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2017, 05:13:02 am »
Nice to know I'm not the only one with such an affinity for dogs.

Nice to know that there are others like me, too. I like to call that "normal."  :laugh:

I am not as good a trainer as you are.

When people would ask me how my dogs were so well behaved, I used to tell them that I just yanked them up out of bed in the morning and smacked them around a few times. No one ever believes me. Wonder why?!  :silly:

BTW, I have wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed the pics of your dogs and to tell you that I'm so sorry for your loss. From one dog lover to another, I truly feel your pain. (Hugs)

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2017, 12:20:56 pm »
My little rescue (a miniature, about 11 lbs.) was meshuga for chasing squirrels. One day one decided to taunt her. Bad decision. He didn't know she could jump. Result: He had to scurry up the tree missing the tip of his tail.

Indulge this mama as she does a little bragging...

Chelsey's trophy.jpg...lol
+++++++++

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2017, 12:31:29 pm »
What an amazing leap! I watched it loop at least 15 times hoping to figure out if she makes it. I'm saying she did. What do you think?

LOL -- I did, too!  It's hard to say, since you can't really see the edge of the grate.  I think maybe her front legs made it, but I'm not so sure about her back legs.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2017, 12:33:42 pm »

Does your dog also do chipmunks, and if so, can I borrow her for a day or two?  I've got one persistent little bugger that I can't seem to keep out of my bird feeders.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2017, 03:20:10 pm »

P.S. It never occurred to me that dogs had to beware of the canine version of a cattle guard.

@AllThatJazzZ @Polly Ticks  @Sanguine  @austingirl

Here we go with the answer... extended clip:

Lots of room to spare!  Amazing those little legs could get that leap!

+++++++++

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2017, 03:23:42 pm »

Wow!  No kidding.

Someone needs to photoshop a Superman cape on that little doggo.   ^-^

Offline austingirl

« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2017, 03:45:58 pm »

What an athlete! Thanks for finding this extended clip.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2017, 03:49:50 pm »

BTW, I have wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed the pics of your dogs and to tell you that I'm so sorry for your loss. From one dog lover to another, I truly feel your pain. (Hugs)

Thanks so much. I lost Bobbi three weeks ago today and I still cry. Hank loved her very much and is still not in love with little Harriet. We go on daily morning walks and they have been fine when I've had to leave for a few hours. I hope they eventually form a bond.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2017, 04:40:41 pm »

Thanks for finding that!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2017, 05:25:37 pm »
Wow!  No kidding.

Someone needs to photoshop a Superman cape on that little doggo.   ^-^

The ears are almost the cape!  :laugh:
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2017, 05:32:40 pm »
+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #244 on: July 20, 2017, 05:40:03 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2017, 05:43:32 pm »
That's really pretty amazing.

Gonna have to post that one to my niece on Bookface.  Her new one is learning to crawl.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

« Reply #246 on: July 20, 2017, 05:46:48 pm »

The little one has a very simpatico friend.

Offline Millee

« Reply #247 on: July 20, 2017, 05:47:36 pm »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #248 on: July 20, 2017, 07:14:44 pm »
Gonna have to post that one to my niece on Bookface.  Her new one is learning to crawl.

Awww... does she have a canine friend to help out teaching?
+++++++++

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #249 on: July 20, 2017, 07:23:18 pm »

I love the way he sniffs her diaper before he starts the tutorial.  She must have passed the test!   :laugh: