Author Topic: People Magazine Blows Up Trump’s Lawsuit Threat By Producing SIX Witnesses To Corroborate Assault  (Read 1903 times)

Oceander

People Magazine Blows Up Trump’s Lawsuit Threat By Producing SIX Witnesses To Corroborate Assault

Because Donald Trump is a scumbag and because his wife Melania is either an enabler of her scumbag husband or just doesn’t want to see him for what he is, the response from the Trump family to a detailed account of her assault by Trump by one of his alleged victims was to try to silence her with a frivolous lawsuit threat.

But because Donald Trump is also an idiot, it backfired.

PEOPLE magazine recently published the harrowing account of one of their own writers who said she was sexually assaulted by Trump in 2005 while she was at his home to work on a profile of him.

We walked into that room alone, and Trump shut the door behind us.  I turned around, and within seconds he was pushing me against the wall and forcing his tongue down my throat.

Now, I’m a tall, strapping girl who grew up wrestling two giant brothers.  I even once sparred with Mike Tyson.  It takes a lot to push me.  But Trump is much bigger — a looming figure — and he was fast, taking me by surprise and throwing me off balance.  I was stunned.  And I was grateful when Trump’s longtime butler burst into the room a minute later, as I tried to unpin myself.

What made the situation even more fraught with Trump’s sleaze was that Stoynoff considered herself a friend of Melania Trump – Donald’s recent bride and the mother of his unborn child.

Trump has denied the allegations, despite bragging about this exact behavior in the now infamous “Billy Bush” tape.  He also accused the PEOPLE writer of being too ugly to assault.  That too wasn’t good enough.  Finally, he and Melania issued a lawsuit threat.

! @people #NatashaStoynoff pic.twitter.com/zXNm6boveP

— MELANIA TRUMP (@MELANIATRUMP) October 13, 2016

Tellingly, Melania didn’t dispute that her husband had assaulted Stoynoff.  She was angry that Stoynoff had said the two were friends.  For that “inaccuracy,” her lawyers ordered a full retraction and “apology” from PEOPLE magazine.  Instead, PEOPLE published this:

Six colleagues and close friends who corroborate former PEOPLE writer Natasha Stoynoff’s account of being attacked by Donald Trump in 2005 are now coming forward.  Among them is a friend who was with Stoynoff when she ran into Melania Trump later in N.Y.C.

The wife of the Republican nominee denies meeting Stoynoff after the attack, but Stoynoff’s friend Liza Herz remembers being there during the chance meeting.

“They chatted in a friendly way,” Herz, who met Stoynoff in college, says.  “And what struck me most was that Melania was carrying a child and wearing heels.”

That’s six separate witnesses backing up the version of events Stoynoff described in her first-hand account.  Many confirmed that Stoynoff had privately confided in them about the assault in the days after it happened.  Others confirmed that Melania was indeed close with Stoynoff.  All more or less confirmed that the Trump family was full of shit.

Meanwhile, Trump has produced just a single witness of his own, albeit not one with any credibility.  Trump’s longtime butler, a man who recently fantasized about killing President Obama, claims he’s positive the assault never happened.  He was, er, less than convincing.

So it's these six witnesses vs. Trump's ex-butler who called for Obama to be killed. Cool. https://t.co/b9rUvK7kfA

— Jon Favreau (@jonfavs) October 18, 2016

Sounds legit.

Offline sinkspur

Only Trump supporters believe Trump.  That's what he's down to now.  Maybe 40% of the GOP and his scruffy supporters. 

He thinks if he can just get the suckers to come out and vote, he can win.  Yet, he tells them the election is rigged.

So why would they come out and vote?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

Melania, like the other wives, knows she cannot contradict anything the Orange One says without risking having everything cut off. He even tries to cut off ex-wives from alimony for saying negative things. She knows she cannot complain no matter how many other women Trump brings home and parades in front of her.

Oceander

Melania, like the other wives, knows she cannot contradict anything the Orange One says without risking having everything cut off. He even tries to cut off ex-wives from alimony for saying negative things. She knows she cannot complain no matter how many other women Trump brings home and parades in front of her.

I think one can be more charitable to her; for better or for worse, she is married to him.  I would expect her to defend him.  I don't believe she's telling the truth, but I would expect her to defend him.  That basically means that what she has to say is irrelevant.

Wingnut

I think one can be more charitable to her; for better or for worse, she is married to him.  I would expect her to defend him.  I don't believe she's telling the truth, but I would expect her to defend him.  That basically means that what she has to say is irrelevant.

Melinomia knows that a bush in Trumps hands are worth two unmolested birds.

Offline endicom

How can they be witnesses when they weren't there to witness?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
They come out the month before the election, I see.

By the same party, we've heard all day, that commits voter fraud.

Offline Norm Lenhart

And right on que, the same two white knights as always ride to Lord Donald's defense, having never read the actual article and discounting all that's come before. Just repeating the same "NUH UNH!"

Hopefully this is a well paying job to counter their loss of respect.

Wingnut

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
How can they be witnesses when they weren't there to witness?
Yep. At best they can be witnesses that these charges weren't invented yesterday.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yep. At best they can be witnesses that these charges weren't invented yesterday.

Indeed. But police/courts use that type of info all the time to build cases, establish credibility etc. Thats what Trump's defenders would have people forget. These people don't have to be present with video evidence. The fact they exist can make or break the while thing.

Offline endicom

Indeed. But police/courts use that type of info all the time to build cases, establish credibility etc. Thats what Trump's defenders would have people forget. These people don't have to be present with video evidence. The fact they exist can make or break the while thing.

So if Suzy Sasquatch tells six other women that Darrell Castle abused her then those six women can testify that Suzy Sasquatch told them that Darrell Castle abused her and so we should assume the charge is true?

Offline Norm Lenhart

So if Suzy Sasquatch tells six other women that Darrell Castle abused her then those six women can testify that Suzy Sasquatch told them that Darrell Castle abused her and so we should assume the charge is true?

If Liberal Endicom goes on TV/the radio/writes a book and says he jacks cars on Saturday night after the CPUSA meeting lets out, you can best believe the po po can use that against him in the court of law.

Oceander

Dance little boy, dance!  It's fun to watch you trying to evade reality. 

geronl

If she told them this in 1990 and it comes up in 2016, they can report this wasn't something she made up recently when he became a candidate.