Author Topic: Clinton expected to play it safe at final debate  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Clinton expected to play it safe at final debate
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 03:20:46 pm »
It's unfortunate that Trump is the Republican nominee, but it is what it is. Hillary winning is going to be a disaster. Imagine her smug face as she waltzes back into the White House.

Did you vote for Trump in the primaries? I didn't.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 03:21:48 pm »

Did you vote for Trump in the primaries? I didn't.

No, I didn't, but I'm willing to swallow some vomit to keep Clinton out.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 04:12:21 pm »
You're delusional if you think the left is a fan of Trump in any way. They literally think he's the next Hitler. That's why they're firebombing Trump HQs.

I didn't say the left was a fan of Trump.  I simply asked why Democrats would impeach a liberal President?  He supports Obamacare mandates, federal funding for abortion providers, touchback amnesty, a brand new federal entitlement for childcare, universal health care, and a new $1 trillion stimulus bill.  Why would Democrats ever get rid of that just to put Pence in office?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

HonestJohn

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 04:43:51 pm »
What's done is done. I wanted Rand Paul, but I didn't get what I wanted. Instead I'm faced with the option of voting for a buffoon or the exemplar of corrupt politics. The choice is easy.

You do a grave disservice to buffoons by lumping Trump in with them.  His views are far more aligned with past demagogues and dictators.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:44:30 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 04:48:30 pm »
I find it hard to believe that Trump would be worse than Clinton. You also have SCOTUS nominations to think about. He's a jackass and you don't like him; I get it, but come on man. Dig deep and think hard. Is this guy really going to be as bad as Clinton? If he causes any trouble he will probably just get impeached. Both sides of the political establishment dislike him.

He is worse.  If you do not bow and worship him, he will destroy you.  If you stray from fervent worship of him, he will destroy you.

We have a perfect example of that personality in power today; North Korea and Kim Jong-Eun.

It is the height of idiocy to claim *THAT* is better than the classic 'Nixonian' corrupt politician.

HonestJohn

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 04:52:01 pm »
Why  would Democrats impeach a liberal President?  He supports Obamacare mandates, federal funding for abortion providers, touchback amnesty, a brand new federal entitlement for childcare, universal health care, and a new $1 trillion stimulus bill.  Why would Democrats ever get rid of that just to put Pence in office?

Exactly.  They will get what they can out of Trump... and tar the GOP all the while for (hypothetically) electing Trump.