Author Topic: The **** echoes in Trump's tweets  (Read 1672 times)

HonestJohn

The **** echoes in Trump's tweets
« on: October 18, 2016, 03:02:57 am »
MAX BOOT
17 OCT 2016

Max Boot is a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and a contributing editor to Opinion. He was a foreign policy advisor to John McCain in 2008, Mitt Romney in 2012 and Marco Rubio this year.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-boot-trump-reaction-to-orange-county-nc-firebombing--20161017-snap-story.html

On Feb. 27, 1933, a deranged young Dutch communist set fire to the German parliament, the Reichstag. The newly elected German chancellor sensed an immediate opportunity to eliminate the last freedoms of the Weimar regime in the name of public safety. “These sub-humans do not understand how the people stand at our side,” Adolf Hitler thundered. “In their mouse-holes, out of which they now want to come, of course they hear nothing of the cheering of the masses.”

It goes without saying that Donald Trump is no Hitler — there is only one Hitler — and the firebombing of a Trump campaign office in Orange County, N.C., Saturday night was no Reichstag fire. But nevertheless there were some disturbing echoes of 1933 in Trump’s immediate response. He tweeted: “Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning.”

There is so much wrong with that sentence it’s hard to know where to begin. In the first place Trump is not winning North Carolina — the Realclearpolitics average of polls has him down by 2.9 points. Second, you don’t refer to anyone — even arsonists — as “animals”; however deeply flawed, even criminal, they remain human beings. Third, and most importantly, there is no evidence to suggest that the arsonists were “representing” Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party.

Even if the attack was the work of local Democrats, it’s impossible to imagine that Clinton or the Democratic Party had anything to do with it. It’s just as likely to be a false-flag operation carried out by Trump’s alt-right supporters to implicate the Democrats. But Clinton rightly did not make any such allegation. All her Twitter feed said was: “The attack on the Orange County HQ ‪@NCGOP office is horrific and unacceptable. Very grateful that everyone is safe.”

Clinton’s reaction was as appropriate as Trump’s was not. Unfortunately this is part of a pattern in the past 10 days: As Trump has been falling behind in the polls, following the release of an audiotape in which he bragged about sexually assaulting women, his rhetoric has become more and more incendiary. He gives every indication of wanting to burn down America’s political house if he cannot be its leader.

In another echo of **** propaganda, Trump accuses Clinton of meeting “in secret with international banks to plot the destruction of U.S. sovereignty to enrich these global financial  powers, her special interest friends and her donors.” He did not allege that these bankers were Jewish but that is the implication many will draw. Trump did mention one person as part of this conspiracy — the Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim, who owns a minority stake in the New York Times — thus continuing his pattern of demonizing Mexicans.

Trump also says that Hillary Clinton needs to be drug-tested and “locked up.” There is a name for a country where political leaders lock up their adversaries: It’s called a dictatorship. This is the kind of thing that happens in Zimbabwe, Burma, Russia, Egypt — not in the United States.

(more at link)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:09:25 am by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

Re: The **** echoes in Trump's tweets
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 03:05:16 am »
There are far too many people that have noticed that there is an eerie similarity between Trump and the one who may not be named.

Far too many for this to be just the ravings of a madman.

From Holocaust survivors to foreign policy experts to politicians to the soldiers who fought to keep us free... this cannot and SHOULD NOT be ignored.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 03:06:44 am »
uh oh  You said the "NAZI" word. 

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 03:09:37 am »
uh oh  You said the "NAZI" word.

Fixed.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 03:13:21 am »
I thought Gaddafi was the leader of Libya, gee,  that doesn't apply too, I doubt if any LA Times writer pointed this out.

"We came, we saw, he died" - Hillary Clinton
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clinton-on-qaddafi-we-came-we-saw-he-died/

Nothing like a double-standard, eh?

And Mussolini and Ceaucescu? There should have been no Nuremberg trials? Even the National Review agreed in principle with what Trump said.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 03:14:26 am »
Trump is so bad, no blood on his hands as it is on Obama's, Clinton's and Bush's.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 03:17:35 am »
Trump is so bad, no blood on his hands as it is on Obama's, Clinton's and Bush's.

No, but he has the smell of fish on his hands by his own admission.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 04:20:43 am »

I ain't saying a word.  But you are going to hell for that!   :whistle:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 04:23:50 am »
There are far too many people that have noticed that there is an eerie similarity between Trump and the one who may not be named.

From Holocaust survivors to foreign policy experts to politicians to the soldiers who fought to keep us free... this cannot and SHOULD NOT be ignored.
Trump reminds me more of Mussolini. I can see His Orangeness standing on a balcony, his arms folded on his chest, his jaw jutting out being cheered by his adoring throng as he announces the jailing of a newspaper scribbler who wrote something nasty about him.

HonestJohn

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 04:27:48 am »

Maybe he likes little fishies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeSTI272LM

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 04:31:21 am »
I ain't saying a word.  But you are going to hell for that!   :whistle:

I just go by what the candidate has said in his own words, just like the Trumpettes tell us we should do. No MSM filter for me.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:34:52 am by Frank Cannon »

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 04:53:40 am »
I just go by what the candidate has said in his own words, just like the Trumpettes tell us we should do. No MSM filter for me.

He does have a way with words.   not big words .... :pondering: ^-^

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 04:56:38 am »

Thanks to social media and even real media, this cannot happen here.  The average German did not realize what was happening until it was too late.

A church friend, a German woman who became a scientist after coming to the U.S., spent time in a Russian concentration camp.  She told me the story of her father, a somewhat wealthy farmer who only went into town once a week.

One day he saw a Jewish friend of his, a merchant, sweeping the streets.  Astonished, he called out, Herr Weinstein, why are you sweeping the streets?"  His friend just looked at him and did not speak.

A few minutes later her father was taken into the police station where he was questioned for several hours.  When he got home, he sat at the kitchen table and told the story.  He never spoke again.

Thankfully, the uninformed here are willfully uninformed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 05:03:46 am »

He does have a way with words.   not big words .... :pondering: ^-^

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 05:09:28 am »
Trump reminds me more of Mussolini. I can see His Orangeness standing on a balcony, his arms folded on his chest, his jaw jutting out being cheered by his adoring throng as he announces the jailing of a newspaper scribbler who wrote something nasty about him.

His political views are more in line withMussolini, too, though he's drifting more toward Germany lately.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 05:53:13 am »
Thanks to social media and even real media, this cannot happen here.  The average German did not realize what was happening until it was too late.

A church friend, a German woman who became a scientist after coming to the U.S., spent time in a Russian concentration camp.  She told me the story of her father, a somewhat wealthy farmer who only went into town once a week.

One day he saw a Jewish friend of his, a merchant, sweeping the streets.  Astonished, he called out, Herr Weinstein, why are you sweeping the streets?"  His friend just looked at him and did not speak.

A few minutes later her father was taken into the police station where he was questioned for several hours.  When he got home, he sat at the kitchen table and told the story.  He never spoke again.

Thankfully, the uninformed here are willfully uninformed.

Unfortunately, we are in an era foretold by "A Brave New World", where ignorance is fostered by an overwhelming barrage of entertainment and outright lies. 

And Trump's legions actively push this with their 'the press cannot be trusted' meme, which ensures that anyone reading any news will disregard it as a fabrication.  (While I do think that individual news sites have a slant, if you read about the same event in multiple news sources, you'll get the truth.)

So by pushing this view so diligently, the end result is just the same as it was then; a mass of uninformed people that will not know what is happening until it is too late.