Author Topic: McCain: ‘I Don’t Know’ If Trump’s SCOTUS Pick Will Be Much Better than Hillary’s  (Read 1708 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain: ‘I Don’t Know’ If Trump’s SCOTUS Pick Will Be Much Better than Hillary’s
by Ken Meyer | 2:13 pm, October 17th, 2016

It would seem the John McCain‘s confidence in Donald Trump is so low, not even the very last reason to vote for the mogul is enough for him anymore.

During a Monday discussion on 1210 WPHT Philadelphia radio, the Arizona senator was asked if Trump was a “superior choice” to Hillary Clinton where nominating Antonin Scalia‘s replacement on the Supreme Court is concerned. For his response, the best that McCain could offer was “I don’t know, because I hear him saying a lot of different things.”

Trump supporters frequently argue that even if conservatives don’t like the mogul, they should vote for him anyway on the chance that he nominates a respectable choice to the vacant ninth seat on the court. On this subject, McCain also used his interview time to promise that “we will… be united against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton if she were president would put up.”

more
http://www.mediaite.com/online/mccain-i-dont-know-if-trumps-scotus-pick-will-be-much-better-than-hillarys/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

spoken like a true hillary clinton zombie there Johnny.

did you clear that with George H.W. Bush first?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Truth hurts huh?

You Trump supporters are in for a harsh dose of reality here in a month.

And you'll only have yourselves to blame.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

@HAPPY2BME
  What, no (mis)quoting Scripture to defend the Orange rapist?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:45:51 pm by mystery-ak »

geronl

One is as liberal as the other, so McCain is correct. I'm not sure how McCain arrived at the right place, probably some circular and weird reasoning, but he got there.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
One is as liberal as the other, so McCain is correct. I'm not sure how McCain arrived at the right place, probably some circular and weird reasoning, but he got there.

Hes up for election this year.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline beandog

McCain: ‘I Don’t Know’ If Trump’s SCOTUS Pick Will Be Much Better than Hillary’s
by Ken Meyer | 2:13 pm, October 17th, 2016

It would seem the John McCain‘s confidence in Donald Trump is so low, not even the very last reason to vote for the mogul is enough for him anymore.

During a Monday discussion on 1210 WPHT Philadelphia radio, the Arizona senator was asked if Trump was a “superior choice” to Hillary Clinton where nominating Antonin Scalia‘s replacement on the Supreme Court is concerned. For his response, the best that McCain could offer was “I don’t know, because I hear him saying a lot of different things.”

Trump supporters frequently argue that even if conservatives don’t like the mogul, they should vote for him anyway on the chance that he nominates a respectable choice to the vacant ninth seat on the court. On this subject, McCain also used his interview time to promise that “we will… be united against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton if she were president would put up.”

more
http://www.mediaite.com/online/mccain-i-dont-know-if-trumps-scotus-pick-will-be-much-better-than-hillarys/
I detest McCain more than I detest the Donald.  McCain is one of the reasons this country is in the crappy shape it is.  He has been in office far to long and is untrustworthy.  Quite frankly, I doubt his nominations would have any better than Obama's so I don't know who he is to talk.  In short MCain is a POS. :thud:

Offline Applewood

I don't like McCain, but he's right on this matter,  IMHO.  This argument that we have to vote for Trump to ensure conservative justices will be nominated for SCOTUS is very thin.  Trump's famous list of potential nominees is not set in stone -- he said so.  And I don't know that anyone on that list is necessarily conservative. 

Conservatives have to stop pretending that Trump is a solid conservative.  He isn't.  He cannot be trusted to do anything even remotely conservative. He has already indicated support for liberal ideas such as stimulus and more recently, a student loan forgiveness program. If he is in favor of liberal ideas, why would anyone think he would appoint conservative judges?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't like McCain, but he's right on this matter,  IMHO.  This argument that we have to vote for Trump to ensure conservative justices will be nominated for SCOTUS is very thin.  Trump's famous list of potential nominees is not set in stone -- he said so.  And I don't know that anyone on that list is necessarily conservative. 

Conservatives have to stop pretending that Trump is a solid conservative.  He isn't.  He cannot be trusted to do anything even remotely conservative. He has already indicated support for liberal ideas such as stimulus and more recently, a student loan forgiveness program. If he is in favor of liberal ideas, why would anyone think he would appoint conservative judges?

:amen:  888high58888

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@HAPPY2BME
Oceander has accused others of bigotry, something close to the race card,

Bearing false witness, is just as horrible as what he accuses Trump of, this is as unChristian as can be too. I hope his daughter knows this; talk about being self-righteous.  He has gloated about polls, I suggest he be ignored,

No criticisms about Clinton and 4 dead in Benghazi.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Now the Constitution is a worthless piece of paper, I thought we all deserved a day in court, no one has even brought Trump in.

Clinton has 15000 members in her troll army, we may be looking at some.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Now the Constitution is a worthless piece of paper, I thought we all deserved a day in court, no one has even brought Trump in.

Lookimg in the mirror again as you post I see.

Offline musiclady

Lookimg in the mirror again as you post I see.

Poor Tom is so desperate to make those of us far more conservative than he Hillary trolls.

I wonder if he has a clue how dopey it makes him look??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

So I'm a member of the Clinton Troll army?? News to me..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DiogenesLamp

OMG!  Shut up John McCain!   You are no longer serving your nation's interests. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Excuse me but I have a copyright on the term, "Zombie' when used during this political season.

I first used it on Free Republic, which somehow resulted in my banishment.

It is not to be used in reference to any group but trump supporters.  Therefore, I shall have to sue if you continue to use it in an inappropriate manner.

Maybe Trump knows where I can get a good lawyer.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online dfwgator

Because the Bushes did such a great job with Souter and Judas Roberts.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Because the Bushes did such a great job with Souter and Judas Roberts.

Most people thought (at the time) that Roberts would be a good pick.  People like Ted Cruz would probably have known better but I didn't.

Offline RoosGirl

Your comments are becoming more and more outrageous.  You okay in there?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Poor Tom is so desperate to make those of us far more conservative than he Hillary trolls.

'They're gonna need a bigger boat.'  Actually, the trumpers who come onto the politics thread are pathetic.

The only substantive argument they have is that Hillary is worse.  I can kinda respect that argument although I do not agree with it.

But when they attempt to defend Trump, they start looking ridiculous.  He cannot be defended.

Offline musiclady

'They're gonna need a bigger boat.'  Actually, the trumpers who come onto the politics thread are pathetic.

The only substantive argument they have is that Hillary is worse.  I can kinda respect that argument although I do not agree with it.

But when they attempt to defend Trump, they start looking ridiculous.  He cannot be defended.

If they made cogent arguments and didn't repeat the idiocy that we're Hillary trolls, they might earn a modicum of respectability, but their pathetic taunting that we're liberals and want Hillary when we actually don't want Trump because we understand how dangerous Hillary is, just makes them look like idiots.

Apparently they don't mind........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

So dopey that long ago I put him on "ignore".
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
The pitiful thing is, this was never meant to be the issue elections are decided on.  If the SCOTUS was not so eager to legislate, people would not be tempted to vote for a crazy man in hopes that he MIGHT nominate conservatives in hopes that the Senate MIGHT confirm him them hopes that they MIGHT actually judge as strict constructionists in hopes that the court majority MIGHT swing our way.

So much for "WE THE PEOPLE."

goopo

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
As for McCain's opinion; his opinion doesn't mean squat to me anymore. He lost credibility long ago and that is why he lost my vote. He's proven to be a RINO and often sides with the DEMS.  As for the SCOTUS picks, Cruz was given a list of potential SCOTUS justices from Trump and from my understanding had Mike Lee added to that list. He was promised that justices would be appointed from that list.  Trump also referenced that list in the last debate and publicly himself stated that the justices would be picked from that list and those on the list would be in line with Scalia. Obviously there is no guarantee that Trump will follow through if elected, especially if we aren't able to hold the Senate, but in the same light we do absolutely know Hillary will tilt the scales with liberals. Knowing McCain and how he's voted in the past, he'd probably be the one more likely to vote with the DEMS and agree to a liberal justice...it depends on which way the wind is blowing that day with him.  My hunch right now is McCain has been part of the establishment for a very long time and doesn't like the thought of the potential shake up that could be coming his way. He'd rather have Hillary.  Where in the heck were you McCain when you had a chance to back a conservative?

I am in no way stating that Trump is conservative and it's difficult to extend him any credibility.  Hillary has absolutely zero credibility and McCain should have retired long ago and has voted along with the DEMS quite a few times.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

The pitiful thing is, this was never meant to be the issue elections are decided on.  If the SCOTUS was not so eager to legislate, people would not be tempted to vote for a crazy man in hopes that he MIGHT nominate conservatives in hopes that the Senate MIGHT confirm them in hopes that they MIGHT actually judge as strict constructionists in hopes that the court majority MIGHT swing our way.

So much for "WE THE PEOPLE."

REALLY good point, RAT!  If the SC weren't far more powerful than the Constitution intends to be (because of liberalism), then Trump supporters wouldn't have their single 'hope' that people will vote for a lunatic leftist like Trump for the sole reason that, as you said, he "MIGHT" nominate a conservative.

All I can say is, with the fact that he's a Democrat, FAT CHANCE of that happening!