Author Topic: Why the Presidential Race Will Stay Competitive  (Read 563 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why the Presidential Race Will Stay Competitive
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:24:54 pm »
 Why the Presidential Race Will Stay Competitive
On the issues, Hillary is losing.
By Jeffrey H. Anderson — October 17, 2016

For all of the recent talk about inevitability, the presidential race is still very much up for grabs. As of Sunday afternoon, the Real Clear Politics average of recent polls shows Hillary Clinton with just 48 percent support in a two-way race (to Donald Trump’s 42 percent). In a four-way race, RCP shows her with 45 percent support (to Trump’s 39 percent). The website FiveThirtyEight’s “polls-plus forecast” gives Clinton an 83 percent chance of winning — so roll a die, and one side comes up Trump.

Moreover, post-debate polls find the candidates running neck-and-neck in Ohio. They find Clinton leading by only 3 points in New Hampshire and 5 points in Colorado. (Clinton is ahead by double-digits, however, in post-debate polling in Michigan.) Rasmussen’s post-debate polling finds Trump up by 2 points, whereas he was down by 5 points in Rasmussen’s (mostly) pre-debate polling. Rasmussen is only rated as a C+ poll by FiveThirtyEight, but the 7-point swing from pre- to post-debate is notable.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/441145/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Why the Presidential Race Will Stay Competitive
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 09:34:08 pm »
 Hillary Clinton's tactics was always to avoid talking too much about the issues .   The strategy was always going to be to attack Trump's temperament and his unfitness to be president . So far it seems to be working
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 09:37:39 pm »
There is zero evidence Trump is "competitive."   He is losing nationally by more than McCain lost and that was a 340 electoral vote win for Obama.

But Anderson is doing Hillary a favor by saying this.  The last thing she wants is for her voters to get the notion she's won this thing and stay home.

On the other hand, Trump, by stating that the election is rigged, is basically telling his voters "your vote won't count."  So how many of those first-time voters will even bother?

By all means, Jeffery, keep it up.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 09:40:05 pm »
Hillary Clinton's tactics was always to avoid talking too much about the issues .   The strategy was always going to be to attack Trump's temperament and his unfitness to be president . So far it seems to be working

And Trump continues to demonstrate, in every speech lately, that his temperament and fitness SHOULD be an issue.  HE is the one who brings up the women accusers and trashes their looks, HE is the one undermining the electoral system. 

When does Trump talk about issues?  Rarely.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.