Author Topic: RUSH: It’s About Time For A HUGE BACKLASH Against The Media  (Read 27272 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: RUSH: It’s About Time For A HUGE BACKLASH Against The Media
« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2016, 02:15:35 am »

As Franklin said: 

"One of the greatest tragedies in life is the murder of a beautiful theory by a gang of brutal facts'

Consider your theory murdered...  by facts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIxvQMhttq4

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2016, 02:18:20 am »
:nono:

The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished. Proverbs 16:5

This is the funniest damned thing I've read on this forum in a long time.  Quoting Scripture in support of Trump. 

God's sitting this election out.  He's as sick of it as most of us are.

We're stuck with whatever abomination manages to win.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2016, 02:28:22 am »

And prior to that she was first lady of Arkansas.   You are missing my point here.   She has the ethics and scruples of the town in which she grew up.   Her core development time occurred in Chicago's corrupt power structure,  and she is part of that perverse sociology from whence Bill Ayers also emerged.   

If you need further proof that she was raised in an ethical cesspool,  look no further than her two brothers who are also themselves embroiled in scandals of various illegalities and lack of ethics.   

New York had Tammany Hall,  after which they sort of routed out some of the corruption,  but Chicago,  year after year keeps having connected political crooks going to prison.   

Hillary is the fruit of that poisoned tree.

geronl

« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2016, 11:48:56 am »

More people voted for Trump than any other GOP primary candidate ever.

More people also voted against Trump than any GOP primary candidate ever.

Trump had the worst primary showing in history as far as I can tell. He is the weakest nominee in history by that measure.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2016, 12:59:25 pm »
It's safest to keep the crazies in one place. They can keyboard Kommando themselves purple and the rest of us can enjoy intelligent conversation without impotent threats of being hunted with dogs, nuclear war and being 'remembered' when they get the go code from wherever they think it's coming from 'real soon now'.

@Norm Lenhart

And you sound exactly like those on FR against anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Seems so many decent posters have left, I wonder where they went.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2016, 01:00:53 pm »
This is the funniest damned thing I've read on this forum in a long time.  Quoting Scripture in support of Trump. 

God's sitting this election out.  He's as sick of it as most of us are.

We're stuck with whatever abomination manages to win.

@sinkspur

Really you speak for God now?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2016, 01:27:37 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

And you sound exactly like those on FR against anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Well, one thing is clear....

"Decent" posters couldn't go to TOS, because it's become a vile place since it went over the cliff for Trump.

And actually, there haven't been that many people who have left, have there?  I mean factually, that is??

Some avoid political threads for the time being, but are they actually gone??  And are there really that many??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2016, 01:35:46 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

Everyone has the God given right to be wrong. Even me. I thought it happened once. I was real young.  But it turns out that I was mistaken.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2016, 02:16:32 pm »

That was written into the Constitution at a time in which almost all the states were slave states.   I think only Massachusetts had at that time abolished slavery.  (Through an activist judge re-interpreting law in  a manner it was never intended.)   

How is it a compromise when it was a condition prevalent in most states at that time?   Also at that particular time there was no consideration of there being a North vs South paradigm.   There was none of the hatred that later developed between the North and South.

@DiogenesLamp

It was a compromise because many wanted slaves counted equally to free men and many didn't want them counted at all.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2016, 02:18:17 pm »
Again...one is new news...the other isn't...unless something new develops.  It's how the 24 hour news cycle works these days.  I'm not saying I agree with it...but that's how the MSM works.

Sorry...peddle that propaganda BS elsewhere.  You're advocating for the worst candidate out of a field of 16 that the GOP could have put on the top of the ticket.

Hillary's probable win and Trump's probable loss is on the people that pushed this incompetent unqualified dolt to the nomination.

My hands as well as my conscience are clean.

Your conscience may be clean but your country is burning down.   How does abandoning your country effect your conscience?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2016, 02:38:27 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

@driftdiver

Personal note, I was active at FR for over 17 years, never so much as a warning.  I was recently banned for being an anti-Trump, LOL, totally bogus charge. My account was restored after a few weeks but every post I make is reviewed by management before being made visible. It took me two posts to realize that was happening and I have not posted there since. I will not post under a heavy hand of censorship by JR and his mods.  Free Republic will go on without me but their loss is TBR gain. Besides it is much more challenging here at NeverTrump HQ. The belly of the beast if you will.

I do like FR user interface better. I reverse engineered it years ago, I still have the code and occasionally toy with the idea of starting up a web site of my own. I'd have to spend a few weeks improving the code but it would be easily doable. Now buying band width is not so easily done.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:40:46 pm by jpsb »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2016, 03:01:26 pm »
@driftdiver

Personal note, I was active at FR for over 17 years, never so much as a warning.  I was recently banned for being an anti-Trump, LOL, totally bogus charge. My account was restored after a few weeks but every post I make is reviewed by management before being made visible. It took me two posts to realize that was happening and I have not posted there since. I will not post under a heavy hand of censorship by JR and his mods.  Free Republic will go one without me but their loss is TBR gain. Besides it is much more challenging here at NeverTrump HQ. The belly of the beast if you will.

I do like FR user interface better. I reverse engineered it years ago, I still have the code and occasionally toy with the idea of starting up a web site of my own. I'd have to spend a few weeks improving the code but it would be easily doable. Now buying band width is not so easily done.

@jpsb
IMHO the aspect of FR that helped make it popular was the ability to have a conversation with people.  You could easily see when people replied to you.   Other parts of FR software were archaic; the search function for example.    This site has some nice functionality and the recent changes have helped improve the ability to hold a conversation with people.

They don't ban people here but the majority of posters seem to fall in two categories.  A few who think Trump walks on water, and the majority who think he can do nothing right.   Most of those in the middle don't seem to be around much any more.  If you make a comment remotely positive about Trump the attacks and insults start immediately.  They don't ban people here but its still no fun.

Back at FR I was put on the admin review status for making disparaging remarks about Trump.  I think my account is still active and no longer under review.   I haven't been to FR in a month and don't think I've posted for 4 or 5 months.  FR is a cesspool anymore of people who attack anyone who doesn't adhere to the party line 110%.    This place is becoming the same thing unfortunately. 

There are seemingly few threads which aren't attack Trump threads.   Little mention of Hillary and even less actual discussion.   There are many fine posters who came from FR here but most dont seem to post much.  Maybe I'm just missing their comments.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:01:46 pm by driftdiver »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2016, 03:13:52 pm »
@jpsb
IMHO the aspect of FR that helped make it popular was the ability to have a conversation with people.  You could easily see when people replied to you.   Other parts of FR software were archaic; the search function for example.    This site has some nice functionality and the recent changes have helped improve the ability to hold a conversation with people.

They don't ban people here but the majority of posters seem to fall in two categories.  A few who think Trump walks on water, and the majority who think he can do nothing right.   Most of those in the middle don't seem to be around much any more.  If you make a comment remotely positive about Trump the attacks and insults start immediately.  They don't ban people here but its still no fun.

Back at FR I was put on the admin review status for making disparaging remarks about Trump.  I think my account is still active and no longer under review.   I haven't been to FR in a month and don't think I've posted for 4 or 5 months.  FR is a cesspool anymore of people who attack anyone who doesn't adhere to the party line 110%.    This place is becoming the same thing unfortunately. 

There are seemingly few threads which aren't attack Trump threads.   Little mention of Hillary and even less actual discussion.   There are many fine posters who came from FR here but most dont seem to post much.  Maybe I'm just missing their comments.

Just a tiny observation. Your POV appears rather late to this lovely soirée.... weren't you originally NeverTrump? Seems to me...

Well, let's let bygones be bygones...

As for the rest of the NeverTrumpers here... For the sake of comity, I'll self censor.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2016, 03:18:38 pm »
Just a tiny observation. Your POV appears rather late to this lovely soirée.... weren't you originally NeverTrump? Seems to me...

Well, let's let bygones be bygones...

As for the rest of the NeverTrumpers here... For the sake of comity, I'll self censor.

@aligncare
yes I have held a #nevertrump position.   About 70% of that decision was due to people like you who refused to acknowledge Trumps shortcomings.

When I ignore posters like you and look at Trump and those around him I find a reason to think there may be hope in avoiding Hillary without starting a nuclear war.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2016, 03:23:27 pm »
Your conscience may be clean but your country is burning down.   How does abandoning your country effect your conscience?

(Looks at uniform...glances right at American flag patch on right sleeve)

I'm actually doing my part to defend the Country and uphold the Constitution.

Try that line on someone else.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2016, 03:25:33 pm »
(Looks at uniform...glances right at American flag patch on right sleeve)

I'm actually doing my part to defend the Country and uphold the Constitution.

Try that line on someone else.

A uniform doesn't mean much.  I've worn one.  I've known quite a few worthless people in uniform.   

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2016, 03:27:28 pm »
Who's dumber? Rush or his listeners?

I'd say his listeners these days, especially the ones that buy his bullshit.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2016, 03:30:50 pm »
@aligncare
yes I have held a #nevertrump position.   About 70% of that decision was due to people like you who refused to acknowledge Trumps shortcomings.

When I ignore posters like you and look at Trump and those around him I find a reason to think there may be hope in avoiding Hillary without starting a nuclear war.

(Would you like some cheese with that whine? Relax, just yanking your chain)

So, my words are influential? Who knew? Gee, maybe I should go into politics.... MY UTTERANCES HOLD SWAY! I kinda like the sound of that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2016, 03:37:26 pm »

That's a  VERY good question.

How DOES abandoning your country, that is indeed burning down, affect your conscience?

How does supporting an arsonist setting fire to your country make you feel?

How does supporting someone who is completely ignorant of the Constitution, and wouldn't follow it if he weren't affect your conscience?

I really would love to know that......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2016, 03:41:04 pm »

Just one more point, driftdiver. You call it Donald Trump's shortcomings, because that's YOUR OPINION.

MY OPINION is that what you called shortcomings, I called character positives.

So let's put aside this bullshit that you hold the key to universal truths about Donald Trump.

My opinion is now and has always been that Donald Trump willl be an excellent president.

Sorry, that doesn't comport to YOUR OPINION.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2016, 03:42:53 pm »
My opinion is now and has always been that Donald Trump willl be an excellent president.

May be, but he's a God awful shitty candidate, the worst the GOP has ever nominated.

And I have the numbers to back me up.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:43:20 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2016, 03:50:37 pm »
Exactly.  I was going to reply but I you already said it.

The idea that a Trump supporter's conscience would be clear as he cheers for a guy who wouldn't recognize a Constitutional principle if it hit him in the face as though he is actually going to do anything to save the country, is ludicrous.

And the idea that a Trump supporter would attack people who believe in conservative principles and integrity as NOT caring about the country is just ridiculous.

Do these people not know ANYTHING about Trump??

It makes you wonder.....

Offline jpsb

« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2016, 03:52:32 pm »
(Would you like some cheese with that whine? Relax, just yanking your chain)

So, my words are influential? Who knew? Gee, maybe I should go into politics.... MY UTTERANCES HOLD SWAY! I kinda like the sound of that.
@aligncare
@driftdiver

Something I try to remember is that there are 100s more reading threads than there are posting to them. Those folks are your real audience not the person you are responding to. Once someone has their mind made up, like many of the NeverTrumpers here, your arguments are not going to change that but lurkers might be persuaded if you present a good argument. In general personally attacking your opponent or dismissing out of hand their arguments is not very persuasive. 

We are not voting Trump because he is without faults, his faults are well know and numerous. We are voting Trump because he is right on the issues important to us and because Hillary is unthinkable to any conservative.   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:54:05 pm by jpsb »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2016, 04:12:20 pm »

May be, but he's a God awful shitty candidate, the worst the GOP has ever nominated.

And I have the numbers to back me up.

Do your numbers factor this: 16 months of horrifically negative coverage of Mr. Trump's campaign messages coming from every corner of the political media universe? Right, left, global criticism.

And not only is he still standing, he's competitive (In my opinion, he will win this race). So, tell me? Which of Donald trumps 16 primary competitors do you think would be doing as well as Mr. Trump at this point?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:14:18 pm by aligncare »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2016, 04:37:16 pm »
Just one more point, driftdiver. You call it Donald Trump's shortcomings, because that's YOUR OPINION.

MY OPINION is that what you called shortcomings, I called character positives.

So let's put aside this bullshit that you hold the key to universal truths about Donald Trump.

Sorry, that doesn't comport to YOUR OPINION.

More BS from you.

Its not my opinion that Trump has done the things he's done, said the things he's said.  That he's declared bankruptcy multiple times.  The list is nearly endless.   ANY one of the other GOP candidates would have been far better for this country.

What Trump is really good at is marketing and sales, and he's done a doozy of a job here.  He still wouldnt have gotten the nomination if the media wasn't helping him.  Folks like Drudge and National Enquirer.   Then theres the paid trolls like yourself.