Author Topic: It’s time to acknowledge reality: Donald Trump talks like an anti-Semite  (Read 507 times)

HonestJohn

Updated by Yochi Dreazen
Oct 14, 2016, 4:00p

http://www.vox.com/world/2016/10/14/13288138/donald-trump-anti-semite-israel-david-duke-racism-misogny-clinton

There’s no more doubting it, no more excusing it, no more defending it, no more trying to explain it away. We’re past the time when having a Jewish son-in-law makes it okay to spew paranoia and conspiracy theories. A line has finally been crossed, and we need to acknowledge a cold and very scary truth: Donald Trump is openly trafficking in the types of anti-Semitic slurs that have been used to justify the hatred of Jews for decades.

I don’t write those words glibly, or casually. They’re not words I ever thought I’d need to write about the nominee of a major American political party. And it’s true that Trump’s allegation Thursday that a global financial cabal is secretly working hand in hand with the media to destroy the United States doesn’t include the word “Jew.”

But here’s the thing: It doesn’t need to. Trump is using barely coded words that directly echo one of the most ancient of all anti-Semitic libels. Jews have long been accused of controlling the global financial system. Jews have long been accused of controlling the media. And Jews have long been accused of being disloyal citizens secretly working to maneuver governments to pursue disastrous policies solely for their own benefit. Trump has now chosen to combine all of those charges into a single paranoid and hate-filled rant.

It’s worth looking at the key phrases from his comments yesterday at a rally in West Palm Beach, Florida (you can read a fuller transcript here):

It's a global power structure that is responsible for the economic decisions that have robbed our working class, stripped our country of its wealth, and put that money into the pockets of a handful of large corporations and political entities…

We've seen this firsthand in the WikiLeaks documents in which Hillary Clinton meets in secret with international banks to plot the destruction of US sovereignty in order to enrich these global financial powers, her special interest friends, and her donors...

This is a struggle for the survival of our nation. Believe me. And this will be our last chance to save it on November 8. Remember that.

This election will determine whether we're a free nation, or whether we have only an illusion democracy but in are in fact controlled by a small handful of special global interests rigging the system, and our system is rigged.

Michelle Obama said Thursday that Trump’s boasts about sexually assaulting women had “shaken me to my core.” His resurrection of a hoary anti-Semitic canard has done the same to me.

That’s because Trump, who commands media attention like no presidential candidate in recent history, openly used phrases more commonly spoken by those who hate Jews or want to do them harm. David Duke, a white supremacist who backs Trump, said earlier this year that a legal case involving the mogul could help “expose the entire Jewish manipulation of the American media, the American political process, control of politics in America and truly how they are the dominant and dangerous power that exists in the United States.” Remove the word “Jewish,” and Duke’s broader point — that there’s a group secretly controlling and trying to harm the US — closely echoes Trump’s comments Thursday.

Intentionally or not, Trump has revived some of the ugliest of anti-Semitic stereotypes. Taking those out of the box is much easier than putting them back in.

(much more at link)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Great article.  Thanx for posting it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I notice a long time ago that he talked like that.  I don't think that a Jewish son in law excuses his anti Semite comments.  I think he probably got it from his father.  Lets face it Trump is not so smart.  While I don't think that he doesn't love his Jewish son in law I think he holds those sentiments deep inside himself.  He is racist.

Jews are Hagglers
“I know why you’re not going to support me. You’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money …Look, I’m a negotiator like you folks, we’re negotiators.” (Today at the RJC.)

One of My Favorite Daughters is Jewish
“I want to thank my Jewish daughter. I have a Jewish daughter…This wasn’t in the plan but I’m very glad it happened.” (The Algemeiner’s ‘Jewish 100′ at Capitale. Feb. 2015.)

How ‘Bout That Jon Leibowitz — I Mean Stewart
“I promise you that I’m much smarter than Jonathan Leibowitz - I mean Jon Stewart @TheDailyShow. Who, by the way, is totally overrated.” ("https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/327076720425451523?lang=en" about Jon Stewart in April 2013.)

Not That I’ve Actually Read Hitler…
“If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them… My friend Marty Davis from Paramount gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (Trump’s response in a 1990 profile on whether he read Hitler’s writings.)

(Marty Davis is not Jewish)
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Let's be careful here....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

I think Trump is crude, vulgar, and a liar. I don't think he's anti-semitic.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

HonestJohn

Let's be careful here....

If there are no parallels, then it should be incredibly easy to refute, yes?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The inbred neanderthals over at the Daily Stormer certainly think he does.

From back in July:

This is, yet again, dog-whistling by The Leader. It comes just after he made some offensive comments about Israel being our friend – he says this for the evangelicals, then he signals to us – his real supporters – that we need not worry, he is just shilling a bit to get into power at which point he will shut down the entire Jew agenda.

the evangelicals will listen to [Trump’s] pro-Israel statements, while we will listen to his signals. …

Besides the dog-whistling confirmation that these are just said to appease the evangacucks, Israel is currently the least immediately threatening aspect of the Jew agenda.

Doesn't necessarily mean Trump is an anti-semite, of course, but the white power trash certainly hear what he's saying ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

It’s time to acknowledge reality: Donald Trump talks like an anti-Semite

He also speaks like a 5th Grade drop-out.....so he has that going for him.