Author Topic: Why conservatives will need a new party if/when Hillary wins  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Why conservatives will need a new party if/when Hillary wins
« on: October 17, 2016, 12:45:41 am »
Why conservatives will need a new party if/when Hillary wins

By: Daniel Horowitz | October 16, 2016

Excerpt:

When John Quincy Adams entered office in March, 1825, he had lofty ideas both domestically and on the global front. The younger Adams had one of the most impressive resumes of a new president. He was widely regarded as one of the most successful secretaries of state in our history, and presided over the tranquil years of the Monroe presidency. Yet, the Jacksonian Democrats who dominated Congress, buoyed by the voting bloc of the southern states, absolutely decimated Quincy’s agenda and rendered his entire presidency an utter failure. There is no reason the same dynamic cannot occur during a potential Hillary presidency. Sadly, it won’t until a true alternative party is conceived.

Follow   Whether you love, hate, or tolerate the current GOP nominee, the reality is that unless something cathartic occurs before the critical mass of early voting begins, Hillary Clinton will be elected president on November 8. Don’t shoot the messenger. Just three weeks out from the election (and much less when mass early voting is factored in), it’s time conservatives of all stripes at least give some thought as to a game-plan past the sensational news of the day in the media.

-end excerpt

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/10/why-conservatives-will-need-a-new-party-if-when-hillary-wins

If we can bring ourselves to understand this election  there is a future but the party has to change. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline montanajoe

Re: Why conservatives will need a new party if/when Hillary wins
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 01:06:00 am »
I think 2020 potentially will be a very good year for Conservatives and the GOP if the party learns from the train wreck of this election and nominates a Conservative that everyone can support. But if they go with a candidate like Trump again then ...well you know :shrug:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 01:17:57 am »
I think 2020 potentially will be a very good year for Conservatives and the GOP if the party learns from the train wreck of this election and nominates a Conservative that everyone can support. But if they go with a candidate like Trump again then ...well you know :shrug:
I don't see it happening. There is an old adage: you can't teach an old dog new tricks. The GOP is having a nightmare drawing younger and even early-middle-aged voters. (Case in point, the Libertarians, a party that hasn't gotten over 1% in a national election ever, is on pace to have the best performance it has ever had.) So the GOP is going to get older, and older, and more and more set in their ways, the same ways that keep bringing up the wrong candidates over, and over, and over.

The Republican Party is going to die in my lifetime. I just don't see any way to fix it, to break from the damage caused by my generation's total rejection of personal morality, among the party's own self-inflicted problems.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 01:19:28 am »

I just don't think there are all that many conservatives anymore.  Everybody seems to loves them some big government.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 01:27:19 am »
I don't see it happening. There is an old adage: you can't teach an old dog new tricks. The GOP is having a nightmare drawing younger and even early-middle-aged voters. (Case in point, the Libertarians, a party that hasn't gotten over 1% in a national election ever, is on pace to have the best performance it has ever had.) So the GOP is going to get older, and older, and more and more set in their ways, the same ways that keep bringing up the wrong candidates over, and over, and over.

The Republican Party is going to die in my lifetime. I just don't see any way to fix it, to break from the damage caused by my generation's total rejection of personal morality, among the party's own self-inflicted problems.

That could be, I think there is an opportunity for a Conservative candidate and party. The GOP will go along with anyone who they think might have a shot at winning. If Conservatives stick together and insure that only a Conservative is nominated their might be an opportunity. But getting Conservatives to come together might be impossible after Trump. This cycle has opened a lot of eyes and exposed a lot of people who claimed to be Conservative. 

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 01:31:16 am »
I just don't think there are all that many conservatives anymore.  Everybody seems to loves them some big government.

I think this election cycle demonstrates their are enough Conservatives to prevent the GOP from running a liberal and having him win.....

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 02:44:28 am »
That could be, I think there is an opportunity for a Conservative candidate and party. The GOP will go along with anyone who they think might have a shot at winning. If Conservatives stick together and insure that only a Conservative is nominated their might be an opportunity. But getting Conservatives to come together might be impossible after Trump. This cycle has opened a lot of eyes and exposed a lot of people who claimed to be Conservative.

If it didn't open their eyes we are doomed.  But hopefully you are right.  I think if they learned something they will put forward a candidate next time that Americans can vote for.  I think there is an important lesson to GOP.  Americans want to be represented.  We want our representatives to work for us.  We want border security and jobs for Americans.  And if they put out another John McCain, Mitt Romney or Donald Trump they might as well kiss the party goodbye.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 03:40:06 am »
Wonderful idea, split the conservative vote 50/50, and the Dems will have power for the next 20 years.

Idiot.

22222frying pan

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 03:46:21 am »

The Republican Party died the day they handed Trump the nomination and the country as we know it is dying right along with him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 04:03:48 am »
The Republican Party died the day they handed Trump the nomination and the country as we know it is dying right along with him.

I have to say it is shocking the support the Trump draws.  I am a traditional Conservative kind of woman.  I don't like that our country will disregard the filth of either of the elected candidates.  And I wouldn't vote for either.  But to have such a pig represent the GOP..............the country is in the New York sewer.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 05:32:26 am »

if we wait around until 2020, we deserve to get our teeth kicked in. We need to learn from history.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 05:33:41 am »
Wonderful idea, split the conservative vote 50/50, and the Dems will have power for the next 20 years.

Trump supporters show not an ounce of conservatism

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 05:44:33 am »

If conservatism doesn't win math will
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:45:39 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 11:44:13 am »

Idiot.

22222frying pan

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 11:58:04 am »
Didn't this guy support Trump??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/