Author Topic: Clinton Operatives Brag They “Scared Off” Chief Justice  (Read 940 times)

Offline endicom

Clinton Operatives Brag They “Scared Off” Chief Justice
« on: October 15, 2016, 09:00:58 pm »
Power Line
John Hinderaker
Oct. 15, 2016

In one of the more remarkable Wikileaks exchanges, Clinton operatives Neera Tanden and Jennifer Palmieri took credit for “scaring off” Chief Justice John Roberts by threatening to make the Supreme Court’s decision in the first Obamacare case, NFIB v. Sebelius, a campaign issue. These are the players on the email thread:

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/10/clinton-operatives-brag-they-scared-off-chief-justice.php

I don't quite agree with the title. These people are smart enough to realize the tactic may have worked and is worth trying again.

Oceander

Re: Clinton Operatives Brag They “Scared Off” Chief Justice
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 09:04:15 pm »
The WSJ has an op-ed on this as well today.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 09:52:04 pm »
Wasn't Roberts a Bush appointee?

Well, this is more horrible news, no way would I vote for the Clintons or 3rd party candidate, this needs to be stopped.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 10:10:37 pm »

Well, this is more horrible news, no way would I vote for the Clintons or 3rd party candidate, this needs to be stopped.

He was a Bush appointee.  Trump isn't going to stop this; he'll simply make it worse.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 10:28:55 pm »

He is Bushy-tailed, yes.

Every candidate is a wild card, Trump just wilder than most. There's no telling what will be their effect once in office. My hope for him, should he win, is to keep tearing at the established order.

How about this from Richard Fernandez:

The Saudis and Russians made a big discovery after the fall of the Soviet Union: that you couldn't beat the United States the country, but you could corrupt American politicians for what amounted, in their world, to chump change. You could spent a billion dollars on some useless piece of Soviet military junk, or you could spend on a junket. The junket was more effective.

More... https://www.facebook.com/wretchard.cat/posts/10154664214416979?pnref=story

@TomSea
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:32:46 pm by endicom »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 10:32:06 pm »
Power Line
John Hinderaker
Oct. 15, 2016

In one of the more remarkable Wikileaks exchanges, Clinton operatives Neera Tanden and Jennifer Palmieri took credit for “scaring off” Chief Justice John Roberts by threatening to make the Supreme Court’s decision in the first Obamacare case, NFIB v. Sebelius, a campaign issue. These are the players on the email thread:

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/10/clinton-operatives-brag-they-scared-off-chief-justice.php

I don't quite agree with the title. These people are smart enough to realize the tactic may have worked and is worth trying again.

No kidding, these leaks should be earth-shaking.

But only us nerds perusing alternative news sources know about them.

Online DB

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 10:37:39 pm »

Wasn't Bush the lesser evil at the time?

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 10:39:55 pm »
No kidding, these leaks should be earth-shaking.

But only us nerds perusing alternative news sources know about them.

Not enough people as much as care.

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 10:47:48 pm »
Wasn't Bush the lesser evil at the time?

Every candidate is someone's lesser evil. That has to be because no candidate will be exemplary to more than some minority of people. Even Obama's aura has dimmed for all but the dimmest.