Author Topic: Clueless Donald Trump Doesn’t Know the Difference Between “Uncle Tom” and “Uncle Sam”  (Read 873 times)

Oceander

We've been all caught up in the sexual assault allegations to the point that we've forgotten the racism that made us all fall in love with Donald Trump in the first place. Luckily, we've got reports from former staff of The Apprentice that bring this personality quirk back into the limelight for a quick spell. Apparently, rapper Lil' Jon was dressed as Uncle Sam for something, and Trump blurted out "He's Uncle Tom!" Via Mediaite:

People on the show apparently scrambled to explain to Trump why this was offensive, but Trump’s response was “No, that’s a saying, it’s Uncle Tom.”
One anonymous staffer said, “There are several takes in the footage of the dailies that has him trying to figure out the difference between ‘Uncle Tom’ and Uncle Sam. He just couldn’t grasp that it was offensive.”
Get that? Donald Trump has no idea what the difference between Uncle Sam, a patriotic figure of America, and Uncle Tom, a once lovable old black man from the book "Uncle Tom's Cabin" whose name has become a slur. Moments later, Trump looked back at Lil Jon and (presumably) said "With great power comes great responsibility, right?"
Lil' Jon has confirmed the incident via a statement posted to Twitter:

http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2016/10/14/clueless-donald-trump-doesnt-know-difference-uncle-tom-uncle-sam/?utm_content=bufferafc38&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Oceander

Offline dfwgator

I take these kind of stories with a huge grain of salt.   Sounds to me like there's some piling on going on out there.  It's Trump's own words that are recorded that are to be believed.

Offline Norm Lenhart

We've been all caught up in the sexual assault allegations to the point that we've forgotten the racism that made us all fall in love with Donald Trump in the first place. Luckily, we've got reports from former staff of The Apprentice that bring this personality quirk back into the limelight for a quick spell. Apparently, rapper Lil' Jon was dressed as Uncle Sam for something, and Trump blurted out "He's Uncle Tom!" Via Mediaite:
Get that? Donald Trump has no idea what the difference between Uncle Sam, a patriotic figure of America, and Uncle Tom, a once lovable old black man from the book "Uncle Tom's Cabin" whose name has become a slur. Moments later, Trump looked back at Lil Jon and (presumably) said "With great power comes great responsibility, right?"
Lil' Jon has confirmed the incident via a statement posted to Twitter:

http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2016/10/14/clueless-donald-trump-doesnt-know-difference-uncle-tom-uncle-sam/?utm_content=bufferafc38&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Yea but he meant it conservatively and stuff...
/Trumpsplained

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Probably the most apt "uncle" term Trump is familiar with is Uncle Sugar.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Red State has already been caught showing they have no clue what is going on. I won't take their word.

Have your ISA, Islamic States of America, if that is so important.  Have your abortion on demand, lose your gun rights,  have open borders, that's your choice, not mine.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Probably the most apt "uncle" term Trump is familiar with is Uncle Sugar.

I think South Park has another 'uncle' ref he might be familiar with as well if the pedo island thing has any validity.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Red State has already been caught showing they have no clue what is going on. I won't take their word.

Oddly enough the same can be said for many of the trumpsplainers here.

Online corbe

It's established fact that trump don't read books, but I'd bet marla read him this at night, to keep from having to deal with his tiny fumbling hands.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.