Author Topic: Committee to Protect Journalists brands Trump an ‘unprecedented threat’ to press freedom  (Read 651 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Committee to Protect Journalists brands Trump an ‘unprecedented threat’ to press freedom

Michael Walsh
Reporter

October 14, 2016

The Committee to Protect Journalists on Thursday issued a scorching condemnation of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump as a threat to press freedom “unknown in modern history.”

The independent nonprofit, which defends the rights of journalists, acknowledged that its denunciation was “an unprecedented step” and that it was sparked by the billionaire mogul’s threats against journalists and vilification of the media.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/committee-to-protect-journalists-brands-trump-an-unprecedented-threat-to-press-freedom-150620132.html

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Committee to Protect Journalists brands Trump an ‘unprecedented threat’ to press freedom

Michael Walsh
Reporter

October 14, 2016

The Committee to Protect Journalists on Thursday issued a scorching condemnation of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump as a threat to press freedom “unknown in modern history.”

The independent nonprofit, which defends the rights of journalists, acknowledged that its denunciation was “an unprecedented step” and that it was sparked by the billionaire mogul’s threats against journalists and vilification of the media.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/committee-to-protect-journalists-brands-trump-an-unprecedented-threat-to-press-freedom-150620132.html

Ridiculous and asinine.

All over the world you have people going to jail for being politically incorrect, for example, people in the UK people have gone to jail for saying things about Muslims... and they have their panties in a knot over Trump?

Offline Chosen Daughter

Ridiculous and asinine.

All over the world you have people going to jail for being politically incorrect, for example, people in the UK people have gone to jail for saying things about Muslims... and they have their panties in a knot over Trump?

I am sick of Trump and his threats when the media reports about him.  Of course he wouldn't like being exposed for what he really is.  He has threatened to open up libel laws. 

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/02/donald-trump-libel-laws-219866
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I am sick of Trump and his threats when the media reports about him.  Of course he wouldn't like being exposed for what he really is.  He has threatened to open up libel laws. 

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/02/donald-trump-libel-laws-219866

We all know Trump's an asswipe who shoots his mouth off. My point still stands.

Offline Chosen Daughter

We all know Trump's an asswipe who shoots his mouth off. My point still stands.

"Ridiculous and asinine.

All over the world you have people going to jail for being politically incorrect, for example, people in the UK people have gone to jail for saying things about Muslims... and they have their panties in a knot over Trump?"

-Weird Tolkienish

Your point is the very reason to reject Trump.  People are not free one day and jailed the next.  It is a progression of assaults on freedom that ultimately leads to dictatorship and oppression.