Author Topic: ‘After TWENTY years of defending these guys, I’M DONE!!’ – Dana Perino  (Read 8637 times)

Offline dfwgator

Was or still is?

What we've got now is "The Great Society" on steroids.

Offline dfwgator

Pardon me if I'm tired of the hackneyed "milquetoast" excuse, especially when there were more than a dozen other candidates to chose from. There was no legitimately good reason to support a non-conservative, rude, tell-them-what-they-want-to-hear bully like Trump to represent a party whose base claims to want conservatism upheld. And yet here we are with him as our nominee.

You hit on the biggest problem right there, the "dozen other candidates",  what does that say,   that means each one of those dozen thought the other guys sucked.  How could there ever be have been any cohesion, with so much noise.   That's on Priebus for allowing that the happen, and not seeing what a disaster having so many candidates would lead to.   He should have been gone after 2012.

Offline dfwgator

Hillary will put American conservatism in the ash heap of history.
Her partners, the Bushes, pretty much already took care of that.

Online DB

You hit on the biggest problem right there, the "dozen other candidates",  what does that say,   that means each one of those dozen thought the other guys sucked.  How could there ever be have been any cohesion, with so much noise.   That's on Priebus for allowing that the happen, and not seeing what a disaster having so many candidates would lead to.   He should have been gone after 2012.

Actually I think the GOP heads in DC tried to get a number of those to run to pave the way for Jeb. Cruz had the momentum. They hated Cruz and thought they could split the vote in certain key states to keep him from winning outright. What they didn't calculate on was Trump the wrecking ball. Instead of the plurality being Jeb it was Trump. The truth is Jeb was toast from the start, Trump or no Trump.

Oceander

No, it means that the GOP is infected with a bunch of jackasses who didn't use their brains to evaluate the candidates, they allowed themselves to be tricked by a liberal grifter who played to their hatred, spite, and fear.

Offline dfwgator

Actually I think the GOP heads in DC tried to get a number of those to run to pave the way for Jeb. Cruz had the momentum. They hated Cruz and thought they could split the vote in certain key states to keep him from winning outright. What they didn't calculate on was Trump the wrecking ball. Instead of the plurality being Jeb it was Trump. The truth is Jeb was toast from the start, Trump or no Trump.

I agree that had Jeb not run, things could have turned out different.     Many people embraced Trump in the beginning because he was the "Anti-Jeb".

Offline skeeter

No, it means that the GOP is infected with a bunch of jackasses who didn't use their brains to evaluate the candidates, they allowed themselves to be tricked by a liberal grifter who played to their hatred, spite, and fear.

The question is where does that hatred spite and fear go? Because it won't go away just because Hillary wins - it will likely burn brighter.

BTW I share those qualities with them to a certain degree. I'm just capable of being rational at the same time.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

Nice attempt at deflection, but it doesn't address the real problem. There's a YUUUGE ORANGE ELEPHANT in the room and there are many who refuse to acknowledge this. I'm all for changes in the RNC infrastructure, but in saying that, I'm not putting the blame on Priebus nor on the RNC rules. Those who fell for Trump's blather are responsible. We no longer have the right to make fun of
these people since we have learned we have our own version of these folks except that ours lean right.

I meant everything I said in my previous post.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

HonestJohn

I agree that had Jeb not run, things could have turned out different.     Many people embraced Trump in the beginning because he was the "Anti-Jeb".

In the primaries, one votes for the candidate that best represents what you believe in.  With more than two choices there is no need to vote against anyone until nearly the end of the primaries.

Trump captured the non-thinking crowd by playing on the knee-jerk fears of the GOP.  Mainly immigration and Muslims.  He immediately staked out the maximalist position and thus won the vote of those that never think of the 'how' or of the consequences.

How would his positions be implemented and what would we lose to make it happen?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:39:01 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

The question is where does that hatred spite and fear go? Because it won't go away just because Hillary wins - it will likely burn brighter.

BTW I share those qualities with them to a certain degree. I'm just capable of being rational at the same time.

I fully expect the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia police to be engaged in firefights with Trumpists at voting sites on election day.

Trumpists have fully said they would arrive at voting sites to 'observe'.  Their own statements describing how they would describe a law-breaking event.  Democrats have stated they'd call for the police when that happens.

How do you think Trumpists will react when the police start arresting them en-masse?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:19:56 pm by HonestJohn »