Author Topic: ‘After TWENTY years of defending these guys, I’M DONE!!’ – Dana Perino  (Read 8636 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The lovely and brilliant Dana Perino is absolutely fed up with Republicans who are defending Trump on the numerous sexual harassment accusations, and she’s DONE.

Watch her explode as politely and nicely as possible:

http://therightscoop.com/twenty-years-defending-guys-im-done-dana-perino/

geronl

Many of us are

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Longmire

Dana just got her own show on Fox and oh yeah...she has a new book.

Offline Smokin Joe

Dana just got her own show on Fox and oh yeah...she has a new book.
Doesn't everyone? Tis the season...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sinkspur

POLITICOVerified account
‏@politico
.@realDonaldTrump: "When [@HillaryClinton] walked in front of me, believe me, I wasn't impressed"
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Smokin Joe

It is just unbelievable the lengths some will go to to defend Trump.  The man is all about do as he says, not as he does...that he is the greatest thing ever starting NOW (like a person who restarts a diet every day)....that what he has said is not what he has said....that all criticism about him are lies even when it is right there on tape (starting with Cruz criticisms)....on and on.  What a disaster.  It is bad enough to see the nominee implode.  But here nearly everyone wants to implode with him.
When Cruz stated that the candidate is the leader of his campaign, he sets the tone of that campaign, and the expected behaviour of his supporters by his own words and actions, (after saying street protesters were responsible for their own actions), the Trump campaign turned on Cruz with the lie that Cruz had blamed rioters in the street on Trump.

Funny thing was, Cruz spoke in generalities, and never said Trump's name.

Just one of many revealing incidents for those who were paying attention to Trump and his camp followers.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:29:05 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Longmire

@Smokin Joe

So you think Cruz wasn't talking about Trump when he appeared minutes after Trump cancelled his rally in Chicago and said this?  :nono:

“I think a campaign bears responsibility for creating an environment, when the candidate urges supporters to engage in physical violence–to punch people in the face. The predictable consequence of that is that it escalates and today is unlikely to be the last such instance”

Offline DB

@Smokin Joe

So you think Cruz wasn't talking about Trump when he appeared minutes after Trump cancelled his rally in Chicago and said this?  :nono:

“I think a campaign bears responsibility for creating an environment, when the candidate urges supporters to engage in physical violence–to punch people in the face. The predictable consequence of that is that it escalates and today is unlikely to be the last such instance”

He was referring to the candidate that said to "punch them in the face" and "I'll pay your legal bills". That's the guy.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
It is just unbelievable the lengths some will go to to defend Trump.  The man is all about do as he says, not as he does...that he is the greatest thing ever starting NOW (like a person who restarts a diet every day)....that what he has said is not what he has said....that all criticism about him are lies even when it is right there on tape (starting with Cruz criticisms)....on and on.  What a disaster.  It is bad enough to see the nominee implode.  But here nearly everyone wants to implode with him.

There are so many aspects of this whole debacle that cause me to view Trump and all his followers in the light of a Nicolae Carpathia. You didn't see what you saw. You didn't hear what you heard. All the truth you need is what The Trump has spoken. And if he did shoot someone on Fifth Avenue, it didn't happen.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline dfwgator

There are so many aspects of this whole debacle that cause me to view Trump and all his followers in the light of a Nicolae Carpathia. You didn't see what you saw. You didn't hear what you heard. All the truth you need is what The Trump has spoken. And if he did shoot someone on Fifth Avenue, it didn't happen.

Hillary's fanbois have similar delusions about their candidate as well. 

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Who do you think he was referring to? Of course he was referring to the candidate with the coarse rhetoric and exhortations to violence.

But that wasn't the issue now was it? The issue was whether or not Cruz blamed Trump for the riots in the streets.

Of those, Cruz said, "The responsibility for that lies with protestors who took violence into their own hands."

He said that before he took Trump to task for his exhortations to violence during his rallys.
"But in any campaign responsibility starts at the top. Any candidate who is responsible for the culture of the campaign,” the Texas senator said. “And when you have a campaign that disrespects the voters, when you have a campaign that affirmatively encourages violence, when you have a campaign that is facing allegations of physical violence against members of the press, you create an environment that only encourages this sort of nasty discourse.”

“I think a campaign bears responsibility for creating an environment,” Cruz added. “When the candidate urges supporters to engage in physical violence, to punch people in the face. The predicable consequence of that is that it escalates. And today is unlikely to be the last such instance. … That is not how our politics should occur.”
But y'alll keep throwing out strawman effigies of Cruz and attacking them. (pssst. I think you should devote your energies to fighting Hillary. She's your real enemy.)

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

Hillary's fanbois have similar delusions about their candidate as well.

Am I to find solace that we've sunk as low as Democrats?

Offline Smokin Joe

Yes! At least we know it can't go much lower!  :nometalk:

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Video isn't working. Maybe the site got mobbed.

Direct link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI9lYDe8O20

My take away from that is that A) Dana is 100% correct and B) Kim is so bangin. Hot chicks are so much fun. I know. I'm married to one and I didn't have to give her the ol' Trump bowling ball treatment to get her.

BTW, isn't the near tears depression of Eric Bolling hysterical? He can choke on his own vomit for pimping Donny like a turned out whore the last year.

Offline dfwgator

No.  But here we are.     And I don't see it getting any better.

Offline Smokin Joe

My take away from that is that A) Dana is 100% correct and B) Kim is so bangin. Hot chicks are so much fun. I know. I'm married to one and I didn't have to give her the ol' Trump bowling ball treatment to get her.

BTW, isn't the near tears depression of Eric Bolling hysterical? He can choke on his own vomit for pimping Donny like a turned out whore the last year.
Dana is 100% correct. Nice to see another one departing the Plantation, and glad she's getting her own show.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Dana is 100% correct. Nice to see another one departing the Plantation, and glad she's getting her own show.

Can someone explain to me why Megyn Kelly is still at that sewer?

Offline Smokin Joe

Can someone explain to me why Megyn Kelly is still at that sewer?
I can't unless it is a seniority thing. She has the raw ability, the personality, and the looks to go farther if she wants to (you would think), so there must be either some intangible we don't recognize or more compensation than we are aware of.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

FNC, like the Republican party, has lost massive amounts of credibility. They were both hit with the same IED: Donald Trump. Like the Republican party, they have a lot of rebuilding to do. I'm not sure if they can pull it off, but there's some good raw talent there. If Megyn and/or Bret Baier leave, I'm gone.

BTW, I'm not optimistic that the Republican party will be able to recover. I think it's probably done for.

Offline Frank Cannon

BTW, I'm not optimistic that the Republican party will be able to recover. I think it's probably done for.

Offline dfwgator

The GOP's problems started way before Trump.  Trump was just the final straw.  But I think it was doomed either way.  The field of candidates was weak from top to bottom.  I mean if Trump was able to win the nomination, what did that say about the rest of the field?  I'm sure the candidates were better people than Trump,  but they just weren't very good campaigners.

Offline Smokin Joe

The GOP's problems started way before Trump.  Trump was just the final straw.  But I think it was doomed either way.  The field of candidates was weak from top to bottom.  I mean if Trump was able to win the nomination, what did that say about the rest of the field?  I'm sure the candidates were better people than Trump,  but they just weren't very good campaigners.
Campaigning against Trump involved getting face time with the media in spite of Trump's antics, and overcoming the Trumpian smear machine. The closer one got to Trump's numbers, the tougher the fight, especially on the latter front. Remember, Trump has a lifetime spent doing self-promotion at the expense of competitors.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 05:53:46 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Campaigning against Trump involved getting face time with the media in spite of Trump's antics, and overcoming the Trumpian smear machine. The closer one got to Trump's numbers, the tougher the fight, especially on the latter front.

The problem is all of the other candidates were relative newbies without the kind of "gravitas" to overcome it.  Cruz, Rubio, Fiorino, et. al were all relatively unknown.  Kasich probably was the one with the most experience, but he was way too liberal for the base.   The only big name was Jeb, and well, nobody wants the Bushes anymore, so he was a non-starter.

Offline DB

None of them knew how to handle Trump. It derailed them. They couldn't talk issues because Trump was setting the agenda with his latest verbal spew.