Author Topic: LeBron James on Trump: 'We Don't Disrespect Women' in Locker Room. 'That's Trash Talk'  (Read 1451 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: PJ Media

URL: https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/10/13/lebron-james-on-trump-we-dont-disrespect-women-in-locker-room-thats-trash-talk/

by: Paula Bolyard

LeBron James was asked on Tuesday about "locker room talk" and, without mentioning Donald Trump's name, he explained that it didn't include "trash talk" about women.

“What is locker room talk to me? It’s not what that guy said,” the Cleveland Cavaliers player told reporters, clearly making reference to a recently released "Access Hollywood" recording of Donald Trump bragging about groping women and grabbing them "by the p***s."

“We don’t disrespect women in no shape or fashion in our locker room," James said. "That never comes up.”

The GOP nominee has brushed aside criticism of the comments, saying that they were merely "locker room talk." Trump's defenders claim that such talk is common among men, especially in locker rooms.

“I’ve got a mother-in-law, a wife, a mom and a daughter, and those conversations just don’t go on in our locker room,” James explained. “What goes on in our locker room is sporting events that happened the night before, about family, about strategies that we may have that night, about a highlight that may have happened, you know, if there was a home run in the bottom of the ninth or there was an alley-oop dunk from a player the night before. That’s what happens in our locker room."

“But what that guy was saying,” James added, again clearly referencing Trump, “I don’t know what that is. That’s trash talk.”

I'm with LeBron. I call BS on those saying this is how "normal" heterosexual men talk when women aren't around. While some men obviously do, decent, mature men don't disrespect women, either in public or behind closed doors. And they certainly don't forcibly kiss and grope them, as Trump has bragged about doing.

UPDATE: Several friends (and commenters below) have pointed out that LeBron is in no position to be lecturing anybody about disrespecting women. The Cavaliers are known to blast Kanye West's vile music in the locker room and in fact, LeBron and several other players attended Kayne's concert in Cleveland earlier this month and even danced in the mosh pit. LeBron and Kanye posed for pics together backstage and talked about how they inspire each other. A friend who emailed me said he's no prude but, "Have you seen Kanye's lyrics towards women? They are awful. Beyond awful." He advised me not even to google the lyrics because they are so offensive.

Point taken. LeBron, who has endorsed Hillary Clinton, needs to get off his high horse and clean up his own act. But I do stand by the point I was hoping to make in the first place—that real men respect women and don't use vile language to describe them. And they don't talk about taking advantage of a woman sexually as if it's ok and perfectly normal heterosexual behavior. It's wrong, it's evil, and we need to keep saying it until the lecherous reprobates understand it and believe that we mean it.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline FS7

SOURCE: PJ Media

URL: https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/10/13/lebron-james-on-trump-we-dont-disrespect-women-in-locker-room-thats-trash-talk/

by: Paula Bolyard

LeBron James was asked on Tuesday about "locker room talk" and, without mentioning Donald Trump's name, he explained that it didn't include "trash talk" about women.

“What is locker room talk to me? It’s not what that guy said,” the Cleveland Cavaliers player told reporters, clearly making reference to a recently released "Access Hollywood" recording of Donald Trump bragging about groping women and grabbing them "by the p***s."

“We don’t disrespect women in no shape or fashion in our locker room," James said. "That never comes up.”

The GOP nominee has brushed aside criticism of the comments, saying that they were merely "locker room talk." Trump's defenders claim that such talk is common among men, especially in locker rooms.

“I’ve got a mother-in-law, a wife, a mom and a daughter, and those conversations just don’t go on in our locker room,” James explained. “What goes on in our locker room is sporting events that happened the night before, about family, about strategies that we may have that night, about a highlight that may have happened, you know, if there was a home run in the bottom of the ninth or there was an alley-oop dunk from a player the night before. That’s what happens in our locker room."

“But what that guy was saying,” James added, again clearly referencing Trump, “I don’t know what that is. That’s trash talk.”

I'm with LeBron. I call BS on those saying this is how "normal" heterosexual men talk when women aren't around. While some men obviously do, decent, mature men don't disrespect women, either in public or behind closed doors. And they certainly don't forcibly kiss and grope them, as Trump has bragged about doing.

UPDATE: Several friends (and commenters below) have pointed out that LeBron is in no position to be lecturing anybody about disrespecting women. The Cavaliers are known to blast Kanye West's vile music in the locker room and in fact, LeBron and several other players attended Kayne's concert in Cleveland earlier this month and even danced in the mosh pit. LeBron and Kanye posed for pics together backstage and talked about how they inspire each other. A friend who emailed me said he's no prude but, "Have you seen Kanye's lyrics towards women? They are awful. Beyond awful." He advised me not even to google the lyrics because they are so offensive.

Point taken. LeBron, who has endorsed Hillary Clinton, needs to get off his high horse and clean up his own act. But I do stand by the point I was hoping to make in the first place—that real men respect women and don't use vile language to describe them. And they don't talk about taking advantage of a woman sexually as if it's ok and perfectly normal heterosexual behavior. It's wrong, it's evil, and we need to keep saying it until the lecherous reprobates understand it and believe that we mean it.

For one, LeBron is right. I have been playing sports my whole life (I still do) and at no point have I ever been on a team or shared a locker room with anybody who talks like that. I couldn't remember anything specific, but the worst of it was when I was in high school - and even then, a testosterone-fueled teenage boy couldn't come close to what Trump said. People just don't talk like that.

Second, to suggest that LeBron is in some way guilty because he's friends with Kanye West is completely ridiculous. That barely even dignifies a response.

Offline dfwgator

At the very least, Trump has allowed the Left to show their hypocrisy for all to see.

Offline Longmire

How many baby mamas does Le Bron have again?

Offline sinkspur

What does that have to do with anything?  How many wives has Trump had?  And mistresses?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

How many moons orbit Uranus?

Offline Longmire

How many moons orbit Uranus?

Not counting you...three.

HonestJohn

Not counting you...three.

I see you can count to potato...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:04:31 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Idiot

It was a confession.  Not just words.  Anyway, if you work with a bunch of sexual predators I hope there are no women there to supply victims for them.
They are all talk..........

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What Trump has said is nothing compared to what I hear on a drilling rig by the roughnecks.  The crew I'll be with tomorrow morning will put Trump to shame.   **nononono*
How many of those will be running for President? How many will be asking women to vote for them? I remember when the SHTF with  willie boy and the Hispanics I worked with didn't understand why it was a big deal, they said that kind of thing happened in their countries all the time. Apparently the Hispanics aren't the only ones that don't understand. Hey if you're comfortable with it, go ahead and vote for Trump, I'm not and won't. :talkhand:

Offline Idiot

How many of those will be running for President? How many will be asking women to vote for them? I remember when the SHTF with  willie boy and the Hispanics I worked with didn't understand why it was a big deal, they said that kind of thing happened in their countries all the time. Apparently the Hispanics aren't the only ones that don't understand. Hey if you're comfortable with it, go ahead and vote for Trump, I'm not and won't. :talkhand:

Hmmm....did you see me condone it anywhere?  Did I ever once say I was voting for Trump or supported his actions?  My only comment here is that I work with people much worse than Trump.........  If you want to read more into it than that....go ahead my friend.

Offline Longmire

I see you can count to potato...

And I see you're still in orbit around Uranus... :seeya:

Offline sinkspur

What Trump has said is nothing compared to what I hear on a drilling rig by the roughnecks.  The crew I'll be with tomorrow morning will put Trump to shame.   **nononono*

They're not running for president.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.