Author Topic: Trump Complains Entire Personality Rigged Against Him  (Read 1108 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump Complains Entire Personality Rigged Against Him
« on: October 13, 2016, 08:36:09 pm »
http://www.theonion.com/article/trump-complains-entire-personality-rigged-against--54174

October 13, 2016

WEST PALM BEACH, FL—Responding to his flagging poll numbers and a string of newspaper editorials and cable news pundits questioning his fitness to lead, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump reportedly complained to a rally crowd Thursday that for the entirety of this race, his personality has been rigged against him. “From day one, my internal thought processes and overall temperament have completely stacked the deck against my candidacy—it’s so obvious, folks, you can’t deny it,” said Trump, claiming that all facets of his character, from his egocentric worldview to his brash, vitriolic responses to even the smallest and most inconsequential provocations, have been colluding to ruin his chances of ever reaching the Oval Office. “Open your eyes, people! Just look at how I routinely project the fear and hatred inside of me onto others, or my total lack of impulse control, conscientiousness, and tact. My personality is doing everything—and I mean everything—to make sure I never have a chance.” Trump then reportedly vowed that no matter how many of his own character traits aligned against him, he would never let his personality stop him from becoming president, drawing raucous cheers from the crowd.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Trump Complains Entire Personality Rigged Against Him
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 08:47:12 pm »
http://www.theonion.com/article/trump-complains-entire-personality-rigged-against--54174

October 13, 2016

I thought the Onion was parody? This is actually pretty true.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 08:48:42 pm »
lol

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 08:50:02 pm »
:bigsilly:

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 09:49:36 pm »
Man that was rich!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 10:13:55 pm »
The part about the crowd cheering is especially rich. Although satire, it's true in that it's believable. Employing his incredible ability to defend himself with the most illogical arguments, Trump could make such asinine statements as were made in this piece. And, yes, the crowd would swoon at the mere sound of his voice. Gad, this whole thing is so bloody embarrassing.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 10:22:26 pm »
The part about the crowd cheering is especially rich. Although satire, it's true in that it's believable. Employing his incredible ability to defend himself with the most illogical arguments, Trump could make such asinine statements as were made in this piece. And, yes, the crowd would swoon at the mere sound of his voice. Gad, this whole thing is so bloody embarrassing.

I don't think it's embarrassing. Conservatives have nothing to be embarrassed about. WE didn't elect Liberals to both parties.

Disgusting, pathetic, vile, puke inducing? Absolutely.

Vindicating? Yup, that too. We tried to stop this but the greater idiots and their lesser evil knew better.

But I absolutely refuse to take or be held responsible for the actions of others. As for the country itself, the America I love has nothing to do with Clinton, Obama, Trump, Bhoner, Mitch, Romney or any of the other 500+ abject morons in DC. Mine is Reagan's America. It wasn't perfect, but it was something we could take pride in and build on.

Conservatives are no more responsible for this political abortion than Eskimos are responsible for Muslim slavelords in Africa. Thus no reason to be embarrassed.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 11:18:43 pm »
I don't think it's embarrassing. Conservatives have nothing to be embarrassed about. WE didn't elect Liberals to both parties.

Disgusting, pathetic, vile, puke inducing? Absolutely.

Vindicating? Yup, that too. We tried to stop this but the greater idiots and their lesser evil knew better.

But I absolutely refuse to take or be held responsible for the actions of others. As for the country itself, the America I love has nothing to do with Clinton, Obama, Trump, Bhoner, Mitch, Romney or any of the other 500+ abject morons in DC. Mine is Reagan's America. It wasn't perfect, but it was something we could take pride in and build on.

Conservatives are no more responsible for this political abortion than Eskimos are responsible for Muslim slavelords in Africa. Thus no reason to be embarrassed.

Trust me, I'm not taking responsibility for any it. I've done what I could to dissuade Trumpsters from throwing support behind the con man. And I've got the scars to prove it. What's embarrassing to me is that we see people with whom we thought we walked in (mostly) agreement going bat crap crazy for a vulgar, petulant, rude, bullying man-child with ZERO conservative cred. TOS was an enormous shock and disappointment, but the most distressing disappointment for me is the Christians who have thrown their support behind him. I'm embarrassed that "conservatives" have been duped by him, and that few have come to an epiphany of their initial lack of discernment concerning him.

Believe me, if my family members were this dysfunctional and the dynamics of that dysfunction were playing out on the world stage, I'd be horribly embarrassed. Heck, as a woman, I'm embarrassed at the success of "The View"! That's what I mean by embarrassed.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.