Author Topic: The New York Times to Trump: Go ahead, sue us  (Read 1202 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The New York Times to Trump: Go ahead, sue us
« on: October 13, 2016, 07:03:59 pm »
October 13, 2016, 02:02 pm

By Paulina Firozi

The New York Times is responding forcefully to Donald Trump, refusing his demand to retract an article in which two women allege the Republican presidential nominee groped or kissed them without consent.

“Multiple women not mentioned in our article have publicly come forward to report on Mr. Trump’s unwanted advances. Nothing in our article has had the slightest effect on the reputation that Mr. Trump, through his own words and actions, has already created for himself,” the Times' legal team wrote in a statement to Trump's lawyer.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/300846-nyt-to-trump-we-welcome-the-opportunity-to-have-a-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: The New York Times to Trump: Go ahead, sue us
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 07:04:56 pm »
October 13, 2016, 02:02 pm

By Paulina Firozi

The New York Times is responding forcefully to Donald Trump, refusing his demand to retract an article in which two women allege the Republican presidential nominee groped or kissed them without consent.

“Multiple women not mentioned in our article have publicly come forward to report on Mr. Trump’s unwanted advances. Nothing in our article has had the slightest effect on the reputation that Mr. Trump, through his own words and actions, has already created for himself,” the Times' legal team wrote in a statement to Trump's lawyer.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/300846-nyt-to-trump-we-welcome-the-opportunity-to-have-a-court

I love it when liberals eat their own.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 07:13:49 pm »
Times v Sullivan

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 07:21:32 pm »
Rarely does the sued company or individual have enough money for a defense when DT threatens to sue.
This time, the shoe is on the other foot.  DT will go bankrupt trying to prove that his reputation was pure as the driven snow until the Times articles.

Offline Axel

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 08:01:58 pm »
I love it when liberals eat their own.

I hate it when conservatives tear down their own candidates.

Haven't met a liberal yet who would call Trump a liberal. But I get it, by calling Trump a liberal you're trying to bolster your own conservative cred.

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 08:04:58 pm »

Haven't met a liberal yet who would call Trump a liberal. But I get it, by calling Trump a liberal you're trying to bolster your own conservative cred.

He's not my candidate. He's a liberal. thats what his record shows.

I don't need 'conservative cred' nor do I GAF if I have any. We aren't in high school. By calling Trump a liberal, I'm stating a demonstrable truth of history. His record is what it is. Deal with it.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 08:15:22 pm »
He's not my candidate. He's a liberal. thats what his record shows.

I don't need 'conservative cred' nor do I GAF if I have any. We aren't in high school. By calling Trump a liberal, I'm stating a demonstrable truth of history. His record is what it is. Deal with it.

What has Trump done or said that qualifies him as a conservative? Whether one wants to segment it with "social", "fiscal", "constitutional", etc., I don't see it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 08:20:24 pm »

I'm confused, who is the Conservative candidate?  Trump himself said he didn't need Conservatives, so this isn't our ballgame.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 08:22:10 pm »

Didn't Joy Behar say that Trump was the best of the Republican lot, because he was so much more liberal than those on the right? That's one example off the top of my head.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 08:24:08 pm »
What has Trump done or said that qualifies him as a conservative? Whether one wants to segment it with "social", "fiscal", "constitutional", etc., I don't see it.

He's a "Not really but I will insist he is is so that I have cover to lie about what I actually believe while furthering the liberal agenda" conservative.

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 08:25:24 pm »
Trump said himself he identified more as a liberal dem.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/politics/donald-trump-election-democrat/index.html