Author Topic: Trump Surrenders Virginia  (Read 6230 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Trump Surrenders Virginia
« on: October 13, 2016, 01:58:32 pm »
http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2016/10/13/trump-surrenders-virginia/

NBC News reports that the Donald Trump campaign is "pulling out of Virginia":

The decision came from Trump's headquarters in New York and was announced on a conference call late Wednesday that left some Republican Party operatives in the state blindsided. Two staffers directly involved in the GOP's efforts in Virginia confirmed the decision.

According to NBC, Trump is now running what is essentially a four-state campaign --  Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio, all battleground states critical to Trump's diminishing chances of winning November.

Trump's withdrawal stunned staff in Virginia. Corey Stewart, Trump's recently fired Virginia state chairman, called giving up on Virginia "totally premature."

"I think it's totally premature for the campaign to be pulling out of Virginia after so much work and all the hundreds ... of hours of volunteer time and thousands and thousands of volunteers," Stewart said. "The only thing the campaign had to do was spend money on an ad campaign and it would have been competitive ... I'm just disgusted."

The decision, Stewart said, "makes it next to impossible to win the state," though he insisted it was winnable if the campaign had just invested in advertising

"They have not been spending money on an ad campaign for months. They've had a fraction of the number of paid staff as the Clinton campaign, despite promises by the RNC to boost that up,"

As with all things Trump, there was a denial that Virginia has been surrendered. A staffer, who NBC didn't name, insisted that the decision hadn't been finalized.

"There have been conversations about shifting resources," the source said, "but I haven't gotten any definitive answer on anything."

Trump has trailed Hillary Clinton in every Virginia poll since August, by a margin that's only widened over the last month. The Real Clear Politics average for Virginia: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein has Hillary ahead by 7.5 percent. In a two-way race Hillary's lead is 9.4 percent.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump Surrenders Virginia
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 02:02:39 pm »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 02:04:40 pm »
What a loser.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 02:13:43 pm »
According to plan??

The 'conspiracy theory' of Trump as Stalking Horse gets more support daily.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 02:28:54 pm »
According to plan??

He's not a stalking horse. He is just incredibly stupid.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 02:28:56 pm »
Trump Surrenders Virginia

UH Oh!  Looks like a certain die hard Trumpist has been spending to much time here harassing us instead to taking care of business at home!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 02:29:59 pm »
I thought he was going to win yuge!!!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 02:30:02 pm »
UH Oh!  Looks like a certain die hard Trumpist has been spending to much time here harassing us instead to taking care of business at home!

She'll double down now! 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 02:31:21 pm »

He can be both.

If he's stupid enough not to know how to campaign and actually wanting Hillary to win, what's the difference?

He's blowing this gig on purpose.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 02:32:05 pm »

I beg to differ!  He has been her stalking horse from day one and and has succeeded beyond even his wildest dreams for which he will be richly rewarded by the Clintoons!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:32:27 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 02:32:20 pm »
I thought he was going to win yuge!!!

He did say we would get bored of winning. Apparently his supporters got bored before the election and are giving up.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 02:34:51 pm »
I beg to differ!  He has been her stalking horse from day one and and has succeeded beyond even his wildest dreams for which he will be richly rewarded by the Clintoons!

And lauded by every leftist in America.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 02:37:18 pm »
The only thing the campaign had to do was spend money on an ad campaign and it would have been competitive

At some point you have to realize that the turd isn't taking a shine.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 02:39:29 pm »

But you can make the ends pointy to make it look sharp.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 02:39:34 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 02:44:13 pm »

Had he not met with Bill Clinton prior to announcing, I'd perhaps believe that. But he did. And when you add to that how he has self sabotaged his campaign every time he gained any momentum, I don't see how anyone can deny the growing body of evidence pointing to his role as a stalking horse.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 03:00:52 pm »

Yep, there goes another must win state for the Orange fool.

GOP needs to funnel every single cent toward preserving the house and senate NOW.

F Trump.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 03:06:37 pm »
What a loser.
"loser."

To any young people out there, he means "looser."  Obviously, WTF is abiding by those outdated rules of  correct spelling and grammar.   :whistle:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 03:08:16 pm »
Had he not met with Bill Clinton prior to announcing, I'd perhaps believe that. But he did. And when you add to that how he has self sabotaged his campaign every time he gained any momentum, I don't see how anyone can deny the growing body of evidence pointing to his role as a stalking horse.

He's self sabotaged his entire life. I also look at the leaked DNC emails and don't see any evidence they had any control over what Donny did. They actually thought Rubio would be the guy.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 03:08:43 pm »
According to plan??

I prefer the phrase "Stalking Horse's A**." ^-^
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:22:42 pm by goatprairie »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 03:13:26 pm »
I prefer the phrase "Stalking Horse's A**. ^-^"

Maybe a stalking trojan horse.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 03:14:31 pm »
This is just more confirmation that Trump is the worst candidate in history.  He can't even compete in a state where:
Republicans control the House of Delegates 66-34 and the Senate 21-19. 
Eight of the congressmen are Republicans, three are Democrats. 
Bush won twice, by wide margins. 
Romney lost by the exact same margin as the national popular vote.  It was neck-and-neck until Hurricane Sandy.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:15:00 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 03:16:48 pm »
He's self sabotaged his entire life. I also look at the leaked DNC emails and don't see any evidence they had any control over what Donny did. They actually thought Rubio would be the guy.

If I were Bill Clinton having a discussion with donnie, it would be between us and most assuredly 'off the record'.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 03:19:11 pm »
Aw, c'mon....the Trumpsters said that a fecal sandwich with a little catsup on it would taste great.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 03:24:44 pm »
Good Lord!

I really need to wear my glasses when scrolling through these articles on my phone.

I thought the title said "Trump Surrenders Vagina", and I thought to myself "HE KEPT ONE?!"
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx