Author Topic: ANOTHER ONE: Physically Attacked by Donald Trump – A PEOPLE Writer’s Own Harrowing Story  (Read 2432 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-attacked-people-writer/

Physically Attacked by Donald Trump – A PEOPLE Writer’s Own Harrowing Story

BY NATASHA STOYNOFF

UPDATED OCTOBER 12, 2016 AT 10:50PM EDT

In December 2005, People Writer Natasha Stoynoff went to Mar-a-Largo to interview Donald and Melania Trump. What she says happened next left her badly shaken. Reached for comment, a spokeswoman for Trump said, “This never happened. There is no merit or veracity to this fabricated story.” What follows is Stoynoff’s account.

“Just for the record,” Anderson Cooper asked Donald Trump, during the presidential debate last Sunday, “are you saying…that you did not actually kiss women without (their) consent?”

“I have not,” Trump insisted.

I remember it differently.

more
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:31:57 pm by mystery-ak »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Watching the Trump surrogates trashing Trump accusers while trotting out Bill Clinton accusers for publicity is effing surreal.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There's just so much of it—and it is all so consistent with his character—that it will be virtually impossible to plausibly deny it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The best comparison I can make of this is to Jimmy Savile, the English TV star. In his lifetime, everyone knew he was an eccentric. What they eventually found out was that he wasn't just an eccentric, he was a pervert who used his position at the BBC to lure targets. Unfortunately, this wasn't discovered until after he died.

Trump's lurid behavior is being exposed at the worst possible time for him, just as the most powerful office in the free world seemed to be within his reach.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
There's just so much of it—and it is all so consistent with his character—that it will be virtually impossible to plausibly deny it.

Yes when you read it you can hear Trump saying it.  He has a very different personal style of talking.  They are not making it up.  Nobody could do that.  Like where he says we are going to have an affair.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

There are going to be many, many maybe hundreds of women

Offline Frank Cannon

The best comparison I can make of this is to Jimmy Savile, the English TV star. In his lifetime, everyone knew he was an eccentric. What they eventually found out was that he wasn't just an eccentric, he was a pervert who used his position at the BBC to lure targets. Unfortunately, this wasn't discovered until after he died.

Trump's lurid behavior is being exposed at the worst possible time for him, just as the most powerful office in the free world seemed to be within his reach.

Unfortunate for Donny. Fortunate for us. We get Statism and Liberalism from both these clowns, but the never ending shitshow of Trump has worn out it's welcome with me.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Wingnut

Trump has squeezed more breasts than a mammogram machine.  Most women found the Mammogram provided less discomfort.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This is not piling on but people being unshackled to come forward with the truth. We see time after time...with those abused by priests.....the Bill Cosby avalanche....release the tapes from the apprentice so all can see this perverts true nature.

Yes, it is a common reaction.  The truth comes out and people who never said anything for various reasons finally speak up. 

Why not before?  Well, they were embarrassed and ashamed and felt that somehow they had encouraged the filthy beast or gave him reason to think they were amenable.  Plus it is hard to admit that something like that happened and Trump is a powerful man that people sometimes fear.  In the case of this writer for People Magazine, she, at least, recused herself from the Trump beat after the happening. 

I would not be at all surprised if a lot more women speak up now.  Some of them may be liars or publicity seekers but most of them will be true victims of the Orange Crush.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Just today.

Offline Victoria33

@jmyrlefuller
@mystery-ak
@EC
@Cyber Liberty

I believe his sense of his power made him feel he could do anything to people and no one could touch him.  He must have a group of lawyers he has always hidden behind to handle his problems, whether they be real estate problems/disasters or "social life" problems/disasters.

This time he can't put a plug in ALL the "social" problems.  He has bitten off more than he can chew finally in his life.  It is a case of "The Emperor Has No Clothes", and the people are finally seeing/admitting his nakedness.  He knew all the time he was naked but he didn't think the "stupid" people would ever see it.  He was too great, too above the "stupid" people below him.

The blinders are off and the people see him as he really is.  What will he do now?  His personality disorder requires him to be the greatest and he has been brought low.  He will have to do something extraordinary - to others or to himself as the status quo cannot be accepted by him.

Offline Frank Cannon

Trump has squeezed more breasts than a mammogram machine.  Most women found the Mammogram provided less discomfort.

Yeah, but you don't need Obamacare for Donny. The machine, you do.

Wingnut

Yeah, but you don't need Obamacare for Donny. The machine, you do.

22222frying pan  lol

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
@jmyrlefuller
@mystery-ak
@EC
@Cyber Liberty

I believe his sense of his power made him feel he could do anything to people and no one could touch him.  He must have a group of lawyers he has always hidden behind to handle his problems, whether they be real estate problems/disasters or "social life" problems/disasters.

It's just more of his complete inability to see one half of the human race as anything other than possessions, tools, or toys.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline bolobaby

Does everyone remember The Cuban Mistress Crisis?

No names. Blurry pictures. Vague accusations. Gleeful Trumpettes taking at as gospel and condemning Cruz as a cheating hypocrite.

With these stories, we have specific *named* women who are recounting specific instances. Whether or not the two of them were actually together can at least be verified.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Watching the Trump surrogates trashing Trump accusers while trotting out Bill Clinton accusers for publicity is effing surreal.

There's a bit of a difference when the accusations are first made only in the final few weeks before a Presidential election....

If that is the kind of timing/lack of verification we're going to accept, then it'll just be some other set of allegations against whomever gets the nomination in 2020.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:05:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline bolobaby

There's a bit of a difference when the accusations are first made only in the final few weeks before a Presidential election....

If that is the kind of timing/lack of verification we're going to accept, then it'll just be some other set of allegations against whomever gets the nomination in 2020.

@Maj. Bill Martin

The only timing that is suspect here is the release of the "Grab them by the pu$$y" tape.

After that, when Trump claimed, "That was just locker room talk - I've never acted that way," he opened the door for women to come out with their stories.

Remember - we're talking about a man who has happily admitted past infidelities and seduction of married women. I guess most of these women just assumed that everyone already knew what a pig Trump was. I certainly knew it, but it seemed like no one cared. Now, with the "grab them by the pu$$y" tape, people have seemed to start caring.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

@Maj. Bill Martin

And, I actually can't say that the "Grab them" tape is that suspect when it comes to timing. I was telling my wife this morning that there hasn't been a week that goes by where there isn't some damning revelation about Trump. This is just the latest.

So, it would only be suspect if a week went by and there WASN'T some new, cartoonish bullcrap from the Orange Baboon.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Why didn't we hear about this before?

The party of the Ku Klux Klan, the Democrats will do anything.

Offline musiclady

Yes, it is a common reaction.  The truth comes out and people who never said anything for various reasons finally speak up. 

Why not before?  Well, they were embarrassed and ashamed and felt that somehow they had encouraged the filthy beast or gave him reason to think they were amenable.  Plus it is hard to admit that something like that happened and Trump is a powerful man that people sometimes fear.  In the case of this writer for People Magazine, she, at least, recused herself from the Trump beat after the happening. 

I would not be at all surprised if a lot more women speak up now.  Some of them may be liars or publicity seekers but most of them will be true victims of the Orange Crush.

Trump said it himself.   The wealth and power of Donald Trump intimidated women so he could "get way with" whatever he wanted to.

And knowing how vindictive and childish Trump is, it's understandable that women would remain afraid to come out all alone and tell their stories (same with Cosby).

You know with his debasing attitude toward women that he considered them to be his property and with his narcissism figured he should get what he wanted.

I'm glad these stories are coming out.  It has to be cathartic for these abused women to publicly state that they were molested by this evil man.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

It's just more of his complete inability to see one half of the human race as anything other than possessions, tools, or toys.  :shrug:

THIS.  ^^^^^

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

The only timing that is suspect here is the release of the "Grab them by the pu$$y" tape.

In terms of Cosby, and Clinton, the women raising the allegations also offered contemporaneous verification from others.  Not necessarily witnesses of the actual events, but at least people who said "yes, she mentioned this many years ago."

That is not happening with these allegations.  It is simply people bringing up alleged misdeeds -- unverified and unverifiable - for the first time just weeks before an election.  That should be troubling even to those who weren't planning on voting for Trump.

I am not defending Trump.  In fact, I suspect that most of those allegations are true.  But we've got to stick to some standards in terms of what we'll accept this late in a campaign, or we are going to find ourselves getting burned badly by it when it is someone other than Trump running.

Offline ConstitutionRose

@Maj. Bill Martin

After that, when Trump claimed, "That was just locker room talk - I've never acted that way," he opened the door for women to come out with their stories.

Remember - we're talking about a man who has happily admitted past infidelities and seduction of married women. I guess most of these women just assumed that everyone already knew what a pig Trump was. I certainly knew it, but it seemed like no one cared. Now, with the "grab them by the pu$$y" tape, people have seemed to start caring.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Thank you.  What I was going to post was a whole lot less reasoned and polite.  Your post is much more effective.

I just keep thinking  that my granddaughter could meet men like Trump and men who seem to think his behavior is defensible.  Shudder! 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline montanajoe

I just heard that Chester the Molester got a message through the prison guards.

His dream ticket Trump/Cosby....