Author Topic: Liberty University Students REVOLT Against Jerry Falwell Jr.’s Trump Worship  (Read 1597 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://soopermexican.com/2016/10/12/liberty-university-students-revolt-against-jerry-falwell-jr-s-trump-worship/

Liberty University Students REVOLT Against Jerry Falwell Jr.’s Trump Worship

POSTED ON OCTOBER 12, 2016
BY SOOPERMEXICAN

I was alerted to this amazing statement put out by Liberty University students AGAINST their University President Jerry Falwell Jr. and his support of el Trumpo.

It’s a pretty good statement:

In the months since Jerry Falwell Jr. endorsed him, Donald Trump has been inexorably associated with Liberty University. We are Liberty students who are disappointed with President Falwell’s endorsement and are tired of being associated with one of the worst presidential candidates in American history. Donald Trump does not represent our values and we want nothing to do with him.

more
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:31:08 pm by mystery-ak »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

If the Trustees don't replace Falwell, look for endowments to shrink.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

Isn't it Ironic, don't you think.

:pondering:

Wingnut

Yes.  But at least they are being courageous and taking a stand.  It will be interesting to see if he pulls a Trump and tries to punish them.

That's what I mean.  Usually the "snowflakes" are making demands for PC crap.  This is well thought out and meaningful.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Like Hophni and Phinehas, too often the sons of God's leaders turn out not to be good leaders themselves.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

Thank God. 

Just about every Liberty student I've met has made a good impression.  I see that confirmed here.

Falwell needs to be removed.

Silver Pines

Isn't it Ironic, don't you think.

:pondering:

@Wingnut

A little too ironic...yeah, I really do think.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I just wrote an email to their contact for media (ljstevens@Liberty.edu from their website) expressing my disappointed in Falwell Jr's public declarations and how damaging it is to the image of Liberty. I kept it respectful, but wanted them to know how many Christians felt about what has been happening the past months.

I am thankful that the students separated themselves from the sins of Falwell.  When a leader such as Falwell sinks into the debth of darkness he takes all of us down with him.  He is doing great damage to Christianity.  We will have a hard time recovering from the reports of Christian leaders losing their focus on Christ.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

Trump is NOT a good man by any version of a definition.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Remember when this meant something?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Remember when this meant something?

He obviously wasn't talking about himself.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

If the Trustees don't replace Falwell, look for endowments to shrink.

O/T, I don't know if endowments to Gonzaga dissipated after Melissa Click, but I do know the alumni office was inundated with emails and phone calls expressing "disappointment" with the hire.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
May not be a popular thing to say here, but some evangelical leaders like Jimmy Swaggert, Jim Baker, et. al.  haven't been much better moral examples than the orange fool himself.

Just sayin'.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That's what I mean.  Usually the "snowflakes" are making demands for PC crap.  This is well thought out and meaningful.

I think these are the other half. The home schooled ones, raised on talk radio, Fox news, and conservative internet site. Plus church of course!

They're also too young to be raised by the hippy dippy 60's boomer set, so they've not had the influence either.
The Republic is lost.

Offline the_doc

Trump is NOT a good man by any version of a definition.

Whaddya mean, geronl?  My goodness, the son of Jerry Falwell himself interviewed the Donald and pronounced him a GOD-FEARING MAN.

(Puke.)

The Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy and having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

That statement by the Apostle Paul has been valid throughout the entire Gospel Era (the "latter days"), but the awful mess hasn't been a terribly conspicuous problem in American leadership until the past century or so--now also ruining even the Republican Party.

Offline the_doc

May not be a popular thing to say here, but some evangelical leaders like Jimmy Swaggert, Jim Baker, et. al.  haven't been much better moral examples than the orange fool himself.

Just sayin'.

I agree.

Silver Pines

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/10/12/liberty-is-not-trump-u-students-protest-donald-trump/

"Wahl said that he attended the convocation on campus Wednesday which included an appearance by Trump’s running mate Indiana Gov. Mike Pence. Wahl said that very few students clapped when Pence spoke of Trump.

“It was pretty pitiful, Wahl said. “People associate our degree with the worst presidential candidate in modern history.”

Also, Falwell has condemned the students for protesting against Trump:

“I am proud of these few students for speaking their minds but I’m afraid the statement is incoherent and false,” Falwell wrote. “I am not ‘touring the country’ or associating Liberty University with any candidate. I am only fulfilling my obligation as a citizen to ‘render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s’ by expressing my personal opinion about who I believe is best suited to lead our nation in a time of crisis. This student statement seems to ignore the teachings of Jesus not to judge others but they are young and still learning.”

Wingnut

Just sayin'.

They preach that old time religion...
Do as I sayeth not as I doeth.
-Two Corinthians