Author Topic: Memo to Conservatives: Stop Helping Hillary  (Read 2088 times)

Offline endicom

Memo to Conservatives: Stop Helping Hillary
« on: October 12, 2016, 09:56:18 pm »
The American Spectator
Autry J. Pruitt
Oct. 11, 2016

This election is about America’s future, not conservatism’s.

Sunday’s presidential debate got me thinking about a twitter conversation I had this weekend with Jonah Goldberg, a columnist for National Review and other publications. I like Jonah. He’s what I would call an ideological conservative purist. But I break with him on the most critical issue of this election cycle. Jonah and like-minded conservatives refuse to stop trying to help elect Hillary Rodham Clinton president by trashing her opponent.

In his defense, he sees it as standing up for principles and values, which is a good thing. But this conversation made me realize that it is not the left which is threatening to sink America this year; it is the conservative purist who may actually send this country swirling down the crapper.

More... http://spectator.org/memo-to-conservatives-stop-helping-hillary/

Offline LMAO

Re: Memo to Conservatives: Stop Helping Hillary
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 10:01:21 pm »
I won't vote for Trump, but I won't actively work to sabotage his campaign.

I will let the chips fall where they may and pray like I've never prayed before
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 10:06:19 pm »
Without conservatism, America as a unique entity has no future.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 10:14:03 pm »

Great post!!   :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 10:15:35 pm »
:amen:

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 11:13:02 pm »

The author said nothing about the end of conservatism.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 11:17:50 pm »
So they are admitting that Trump is not bringing Conservatism but opposing it.

Conservatism is the American Spirit, and if we lose that, we lose everything.

So no, we are not going to 'set that aside' for one man. We oppose Hillary and her tool Trump.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 11:34:21 pm »
So they are admitting that Trump is not bringing Conservatism but opposing it.

Who are 'they?'

Conservatism is the American Spirit, and if we lose that, we lose everything.

Aside from being a cigarette, 'American Spirit' is mystical nothingness.

So no, we are not going to 'set that aside' for one man. We oppose Hillary and her tool Trump.

No one has told you to set anything aside. These fuzzy, foggy notions are your imaginings.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 11:41:13 pm »
The only one helping to elect Hitlary is Donny. It wasn't a bunch of purist Conservatives who made his polls tank the last two weeks. It was his terrible first debate, attacking an irrelevant beauty queen from 20 years ago, his outrageous comments on a hot mic, his insistence to attack his own party instead of Hitlary and his bad breath.

Autry Pruitt, other than having a stupid name, is a sniveling loser who doesn't have the mental horsepower to see all of his and Donny's problems are their own.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 04:41:41 am »
it is the conservative purist

Stopped reading right there.

Conservatives TOLD YOU LOUD AND CLEAR.

Losers.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 05:03:09 am »
Trump has been Hillary's stooge from the start

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DB

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 06:50:12 am »
I was told repeatedly that conservative "purists" were neither wanted or needed. Trump said so himself. After all he was going to get the Bernie voters we were told.

Your candidate is an idiot. He doesn't know the first thing about building a coalition. He picks pointless fights fragmenting the groups of people that he needs instead, over and over. It is clear he doesn't learn from it either.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 09:57:55 am »
The American Spectator
Autry J. Pruitt
Oct. 11, 2016

Sunday’s presidential debate got me thinking about a twitter conversation I had this weekend with Jonah Goldberg, a columnist for National Review and other publications. I like Jonah. He’s what I would call an ideological conservative purist. But I break with him on the most critical issue of this election cycle. Jonah and like-minded conservatives refuse to stop trying to help elect Hillary Rodham Clinton president by trashing her opponent.

In his defense, he sees it as standing up for principles and values, which is a good thing. But this conversation made me realize that it is not the left which is threatening to sink America this year; it is the conservative purist who may actually send this country swirling down the crapper.

"He’s what I would call an ideological conservative purist."

Then you might want to give up writing, Autry,  since your grasp on the definitions of words is severely lacking. I always enjoy leftists telling conservatives what conservative actually is and 'win at any cost' types telling others about purity. Maybe for an encore we can have Donald Trump discuss the rights of women to be free of sexual assault or Hillary lecture us on moral integrity.

But that pales in comparison to people using such idiotic articles to justify their own failings as 'conservatives'.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 10:04:50 am »
I was told repeatedly that conservative "purists" were neither wanted or needed. Trump said so himself. After all he was going to get the Bernie voters we were told.

Your candidate is an idiot. He doesn't know the first thing about building a coalition. He picks pointless fights fragmenting the groups of people that he needs instead, over and over. It is clear he doesn't learn from it either.

Isn't it entertaining how the only people that push the 'purist' line always do so in support of a liberal while demanding purity of support FOR that liberal? I mean lets face it. You never actually encounter a conservative running around with detailed lists of every single position that a candidate must adhere to. Key issues , sure. Thats no different from anyone that actually believes in something enough to stand behind it. But NEVER is there ZERO room for give and take...which is what the word 'purity' implies.

So at the end of the day, any time you see someone trot out the 'purist' meme, it's because they are simply  regurgitating leftist propaganda in an effort to make their liberal candidate acceptable at the expense of principle. It's who they are - it's what they do - it's how we ended up with a House, Senate and candidate that believe in nothing but themselves and their own benefit.

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 10:47:35 am »
Memo to Trumpists: the only people here who helped Clinton are the idiots who nominated the one person who could not, and cannot, beat Clinton.  Stop trying to blame other people for your own poor decisions.  When you get drunk, you don't get to blame the designated driver or the friends who begged you to slow down; the same goes for politics. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 11:24:54 am »
Memo to Trumpists: the only people here who helped Clinton are the idiots who nominated the one person who could not, and cannot, beat Clinton.  Stop trying to blame other people for your own poor decisions.  When you get drunk, you don't get to blame the designated driver or the friends who begged you to slow down; the same goes for politics.

:amen:
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 01:07:12 pm »

When you are a "leader", you are responsible for everything your organization does, or fails to do.

It's all on Trump...stop blaming everyone else for the failings of his campaign.

BTW, I learned that lesson early on, as an ROTC cadet, and as a young Air Defense Artillery officer...in spades.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:08:43 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 01:20:18 pm »
It's a good article, but I think a better point is not so much that the Jonah Goldberg's of the world should be defending Trump, as much as they should be attacking Hillary.  If he doesn't like Trump and won't vote for him or write articles defending him, fine.  But blasting him repeatedly simply makes her look better by comparison, which in turn benefits down-ticket Democrats.

Ignore Trump, blast Hillary.  That should be the mantra for conservatives who care about retaining some ability to restrain Hillary after she is elected.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 01:22:03 pm »
 :amen: :amen:
:amen: :amen:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 01:36:42 pm »

This is what the arguments about nevertrumpers don't get.  Trump has made the Republican party the third party.  It is no longer recognizable as a Conservative party.  So there is no way we can vote for Donald Trump who is a Democrat running as Republican.  Both Hillary and Donald are New York liberals.  If we allow this perversion to take over our party it can never be Conservative again.

Today more stories of lewd comments to underage girls.  What Conservative would vote for pedophile in chief?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 03:22:22 pm »
The American Spectator
Autry J. Pruitt
Oct. 11, 2016

Funny how all this crap sounds just like what we heard during the Romney and McCain Establishment Republican presidential campaigns that the Trumpets always complain about. How ironic.

And what does Trump exactly stand for that will be any benefit to America's future? Everything is negotiable.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:23:09 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 03:26:02 pm »
The American Spectator
Autry J. Pruitt
Oct. 11, 2016

Sorry Autry, the title of your article should be Principles Be Damned, which seems to be in a critical shortage in 2016.

Trump is not remotely conservative in any form or fashion.   I'll pass.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.