Author Topic: Dear Speaker Ryan: Resign...... Jeffrey Lord  (Read 1473 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dear Speaker Ryan: Resign...... Jeffrey Lord
« on: October 12, 2016, 06:59:38 pm »
October 11, 2016, 6:44 pm

An Open Letter to Speaker Paul Ryan: It’s time to leave.

Dear Mr. Speaker:

I like you.

We both admired and worked for Jack Kemp at different stages of his career. I agree with much of your Kemp-style agenda. So it gives me no pleasure to say what is now abundantly obvious.

It is time for you to do the honorable thing and resign as Speaker of the House.

Your views on Donald Trump — and for that matter anything else — are between you and your constituents in Wisconsin. But most certainly what you do as Speaker of the House — which is to say as the leader of the Republican Party in the House and a senior leader in the national Republican Party — is to support the Republican presidential nominee elected by the voters. Amazingly, you have dragged your feet repeatedly on one of your central responsibilities as a party leader. Now, with your latest statement refusing to defend Donald Trump — the Republican nominee and the elected leader of the Republican Party — you have refused outright to perform your job as a senior party leader.

With that in mind, it is time to do the right thing — and the honorable thing: Resign the Speakership immediately.

more
http://spectator.org/dear-speaker-ryan-resign/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Dear Speaker Ryan: Resign...... Jeffrey Lord
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 07:01:48 pm »
The creepiest Trump support IMO.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 07:02:59 pm »
That's up to the Wisconsin voters, and based on the primary, ain't gonna happen.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 07:05:19 pm »
Your views on Donald Trump — and for that matter anything else — are between you and your constituents in Wisconsin. But most certainly what you do as Speaker of the House — which is to say as the leader of the Republican Party in the House and a senior leader in the national Republican Party — is to support the Republican presidential nominee elected by the voters.

Hoooooookay.....  Party is more important than principle.  Got it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 07:15:22 pm »
Hey Jeff. When your loser candidate is upset at a congressman in Wisconsin for his failures, the game is over.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 01:48:35 pm »
Ryan can and should resign as Speaker of the House as soon as possible after the election.

He's lost the mandate to be a leader in the GOP.

And if Trump wins election, Ryan will become a persona non grata in Washington DC

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 01:57:09 pm »
Ryan can and should resign as Speaker of the House as soon as possible after the election.

And if Trump wins election, Ryan will become a persona non grata in Washington DC

Ryan has won elections, what has Trump won?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 02:01:18 pm »

Ryan's lost nothing except his dignity in endorsing Trump in the first place.  He should never have done that.

Ryan will be re-elected Speaker easily and should be. 

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 02:11:59 pm »

Ryan has won elections, what has Trump won?

Ryan was part of the team that LOST the 2012 national election in case you've forgotten.

/obama voter

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 02:13:05 pm »
Ryan was part of the team that LOST the 2012 national election in case you've forgotten.

/obama voter

He has held the House since 2010. What has Trump ever done? He's about to be royally spanked.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:13:26 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 02:18:03 pm »
That's up to the Wisconsin voters, and based on the primary, ain't gonna happen.

That is not the way it works.  The voters of Wisconsin have zero to say about whether Ryan is Speaker.  They could even vote him out of his seat in Congress and he could remain Speaker.

The decision rests solely with the House, who chooses its Speaker by majority vote.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Longmire

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 02:18:17 pm »

What has Trump ever done? He's about to be royally spanked.

Are you sure about that WTF?

I don't want to come back later and find out you changed your mind...again.  :laugh:

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 02:20:32 pm »
Are you sure about that WTF?

I don't want to come back later and find out you changed your mind...again.  :laugh:

I have always, always thought Trump was a loser. I will continue to think that no matter what.

He could have won, sure. But he's a moron and I have always maintained that somehow he'd blow it.

My decision to vote for him is based on extraneous variables like the USSC mainly. I'll never respect him or the people who nominated him. Whether or not a vote for him is still up in air and will not be decided until election day.