Author Topic: Right Now, There Are Only Two Kinds of Conservatives  (Read 7663 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Right Now, There Are Only Two Kinds of Conservatives
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:59:04 pm »
http://townhall.com/columnists/markdavis/2016/10/12/right-now-there-are-only-two-kinds-of-conservatives-n2231005?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=

I knew this was coming, because Davis started his show on it yesterday. Here's a brief extract:

After months of condescending cajoling, it is time for some tough love. It is time to give one last chance to the laggards to wake up and join the only ranks of conservatism that can save America from the concept that once united us: the horrors of a Hillary presidency.

Donald Trump did not divide us. He has not created a crisis that threatens the party, or more ludicrously suggested, conservatism itself. He just won the nomination, fair and square, because voters wanted him. The ones focused on rescuing the nation still do.

So it is a time for every conservative to look in the mirror and ask: Where will I stand? Whom will I vote for? What will I permit to happen? Will I allow conservative goals to be savaged by a Hillary presidency because Donald Trump gives me the willies? Or will I wake up, grow up and join the fight?

Because there are only two kinds of conservatives now. Those who will rise up to save us from her, and those willing to see us fall.

Mark Davis, and Salem Communications, deserve retribution over their full throated support of Trump. The only problem is, with a 0.5 rating in the DFW area, the market has already spoken.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline bolobaby

Re: Right Now, There Are Only Two Kinds of Conservatives
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:29:15 pm »

Actually, I'm voting for pinestraw - the most intelligent choice.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 02:37:05 pm »

Actually, I'm voting for pinestraw - the most intelligent choice.

LOL, I'm going to show that to my 6 YO grandson, he loves poop emojis.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 11:27:46 pm »
Town Hall
Mark Davis
Oct. 12, 2016

Excerpt:

The posturings of establishment squishes and NeverTrumpers now threaten to derail the task that should unite every conservative from this moment on. The nation must be protected from the ruin of another Clinton presidency, which, more to the point, is another Obama presidency. The contortions of many otherwise smart people have become a spectacle that threatens our nation, our future, our children. Silence is complicity.

The challenge to unity and clarity, of course, stems from the nominee the voters have chosen as Republican standard-bearer. Donald Trump freaks a lot of people out. So much so, that many steadfast conservatives spent some time in a fog, hatching narratives that he might in fact be as bad, if not worse, than she is.

Most have emerged from that haze, realizing that the prospects of a Hillary nightmare are far more real than the sloppy screenplays they had cobbled together in their heads.

More... http://townhall.com/columnists/markdavis/2016/10/12/right-now-there-are-only-two-kinds-of-conservatives-n2231005

"...sloppy screenplays they had cobbled together in their heads."

Yup.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 11:29:33 pm »
If we sucked it up for Romney we can suck it up for Trump.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 11:35:27 pm »
You and that frog in your pocket, maybe....otherwise don't speak for me. 
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 11:37:16 pm »

Romney was a saint compared to Trump. One can only suck it up for so long, eventually there is a line people won't cross.

It is funny though, the Trump camp claims to be anti-Establishment yet they are saying and doing exactly what the establishment did, tell Conservatives they have to set aside their values and vote for the guy with the R on the sweater because lesser of two evils or whatever argument of the day they are using.

They keep telling us every election, set aside your values, hold your nose, and suck it up... the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 11:42:35 pm »
Donald Trump has said he is now unshackled to attack conservatives, don't be surprised if we return fire.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 11:45:46 pm »
Trumpsters started out being all about not conforming.  Now they demand conformity.  Tough!  You wanted to own the party; now you do.  But you do not own the individual voters.

You spout nonsense about 'Trumpsters,' 'they,' 'you.' without touching reality.

Which "Trumpsters" were about not conforming?

Who wanted to own the party?

Sloppy screenplays, indeed.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 11:45:55 pm »

First and foremost, Romney was at least a decent human being and was fit to be president, had knowledge of the Constitution and how government worked and had some foresight into realizing that Putin is a threat.  Trump ... who knows?  He says one thing one day and then backs down, he verbally attacks other people and has a distinct disregard for women. He has no knowledge of the Constitution nor a strong handle on what the role of  Commander in Chief is and seems to admire Putin.

I would gladly trade Romney for Trump and for that matter Hillary, and  I sure as hell wouldn't be worried about the destruction of this country, the Supreme Court justices, nor the 2nd amendment.

Right now, I would vote for Romney in a heartbeat without any hesitation whatsoever!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 11:50:20 pm »
Donald Trump has said he is now unshackled to attack conservatives...

I haven't seen where said he would attack conservatives. Have you a citation?

Maybe you think Ryan is conservative. Maybe you think McCain is conservative. Maybe.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 11:52:10 pm »
I haven't seen where said he would attack conservatives. Have you a citation?

Maybe you think Ryan is conservative. Maybe you think McCain is conservative. Maybe.
They say they are. That give them as much right to the title as Trump has.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 11:56:30 pm »

Just because a cat had her kittens in the oven doesn't make them muffins.

Offline endicom

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 11:57:55 pm »
All of them.  That was the point about their anti-establishment, outsider screed.  As for wanting to own the party, that's what the power grab is all about.  Trump and his band of unmerry thugs want to own the GOP and through that the nation.  If they did not seek to own the GOP, they would not be trying to destroy all dissent.  You can't have it both ways.

All of them. And they want to own the nation. And they are trying to destroy all dissent. Got it.

Well, I guess this will run its course like the 'alt-right' meme.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 11:59:16 pm »
Only two kinds of conservatives....what about me, I don't fit into either....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 11:59:33 pm »
They say they are. That give them as much right to the title as Trump has.

I missed where Trump claimed to be Mr. Conservative.

Offline endicom

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 12:01:29 am »

It's a mystery, ak.

What shoe does fit?

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 12:02:10 am »
I missed where Trump claimed to be Mr. Conservative.

He didn't. At that, he said very clearly:

I Don’t Need Conservatives to Support Me

https://jtf.org/trump-i-dont-need-conservatives-to-support-me/

So he is not the Conservative candidate and says he doesn't need us, so everyone needs to quit whining if we don't jump on his choo choo train.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 12:03:26 am »
Trumpsters started out being all about not conforming.  Now they demand conformity.  Tough!  You wanted to own the party; now you do.  But you do not own the individual voters.

I don't want to own the party.

Either way it goes, everything burns. If Trump wins the status quo establishment burns. If Hillary wins, America as it always has been burns and is not more.

The only 'victory' in this if Hillary wins is a pyrrhic victory for all of us.

There are countless articles about what will happen with a Hillary Presidency.

1st Amendment will be entirely under State control. Free speech will no longer exist (which we nearly have now).
2nd Amendment will be so tightly restricted so as to not exist at all, or they may simply strike it down entirely.
Borders will no longer exist of any significance.
Immigration law will no longer exist of any significance.
Anyone in the world who happens to have their feet on the ground in America will be allowed to vote.
Anyone can get a driver's license whether they can read a road sign or not or even know what they mean.
Massive importation of hundreds of thousands of Muslims into America with no vetting of any significance.
Religious texts will be declared 'thought crimes' or 'hate crimes' and could potentially be banned. (except Islam of course).
All Churches will be forced to conduct gay marriage. (except Islam of course)
All Church teachings will be tightly controlled by the State, to ensure they are politically correct. (except Islam of course)
Home schooling will be declared illegal.
And the list goes on, and on, and on, and on.
Congress/SCOTUS will become politburo and even more meaningless than they are now. etc.

I reverse the thought that the Trumpanzees are getting what they deserve. I refuse the idea that the Trumpsters will be the only losers in all this.

From where I sit, the #NeverTrump movement is opening the gates of Hell down on their own heads.
From my perspective, if Trump loses and Hillary wins, it is the #NeverTrump followers who are going to bear the unpropitious rewards of their own hubris.

My head will be bloodied as well as theirs, but mine unbowed.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 12:05:03 am »

Well, yeah... that's the problem with the idiotic "only two kinds" argument.  In practice, it really just boils down to "the geniuses who agree with me, and the morons who don't."

At least that sort of thing helps me to recognize which pundits are worth ignoring....

Oceander

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 12:05:49 am »
Town Hall
Mark Davis
Oct. 12, 2016

Excerpt:

The posturings of establishment squishes and NeverTrumpers now threaten to derail the task that should unite every conservative from this moment on. The nation must be protected from the ruin of another Clinton presidency, which, more to the point, is another Obama presidency. The contortions of many otherwise smart people have become a spectacle that threatens our nation, our future, our children. Silence is complicity.

The challenge to unity and clarity, of course, stems from the nominee the voters have chosen as Republican standard-bearer. Donald Trump freaks a lot of people out. So much so, that many steadfast conservatives spent some time in a fog, hatching narratives that he might in fact be as bad, if not worse, than she is.

Most have emerged from that haze, realizing that the prospects of a Hillary nightmare are far more real than the sloppy screenplays they had cobbled together in their heads.

More... http://townhall.com/columnists/markdavis/2016/10/12/right-now-there-are-only-two-kinds-of-conservatives-n2231005

Yup.

How do you protect from the ruin of a Clinton presidency by subjecting it to the ruin of a Trump presidency?  The two are the same, save only for the details and embroidery.

Online libertybele

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 12:12:28 am »
I don't want to own the party.

Either way it goes, everything burns. If Trump wins the status quo establishment burns. If Hillary wins, America as it always has been burns and is not more.

The only 'victory' in this if Hillary wins is a pyrrhic victory for all of us.

There are countless articles about what will happen with a Hillary Presidency.

1st Amendment will be entirely under State control. Free speech will no longer exist (which we nearly have now).
2nd Amendment will be so tightly restricted so as to not exist at all, or they may simply strike it down entirely.
Borders will no longer exist of any significance.
Immigration law will no longer exist of any significance.
Anyone in the world who happens to have their feet on the ground in America will be allowed to vote.
Anyone can get a driver's license whether they can read a road sign or not or even know what they mean.
Massive importation of hundreds of thousands of Muslims into America with no vetting of any significance.
Religious texts will be declared 'thought crimes' or 'hate crimes' and could potentially be banned. (except Islam of course).
All Churches will be forced to conduct gay marriage. (except Islam of course)
All Church teachings will be tightly controlled by the State, to ensure they are politically correct. (except Islam of course)
Home schooling will be declared illegal.
And the list goes on, and on, and on, and on.
Congress/SCOTUS will become politburo and even more meaningless than they are now. etc.

I reverse the thought that the Trumpanzees are getting what they deserve. I refuse the idea that the Trumpsters will be the only losers in all this.

From where I sit, the #NeverTrump movement is opening the gates of Hell down on their own heads.
From my perspective, if Trump loses and Hillary wins, it is the #NeverTrump followers who are going to bear the unpropitious rewards of their own hubris.

My head will be bloodied as well as theirs, but mine unbowed.

Those who bolstered Trump ARE responsible for what happens.  I didn't vote for him in the primary, I didn't send him one dime  and I didn't make even one phone call for him, nor did I do anything to promote him. Just the opposite.  I voted for the most conservative candidate in the primary, I made numerous phone calls and spent countless hours promoting him and I donated as much $$ to help his campaign as I could afford. I and many others including pollsters warned that Trump was the least likely candidate to beat Hillary.  His bombastic, narcissistic behavior was apparent from the beginning. We warned that he was a liberal fraud, a psychopathic, demagogue who clearly has sociopathic tendencies, and now that he is self-imploding you want to accuse me of being responsible for the wrath of Hillary if Trump loses?  Are you out of your freakin' mind?  Your logic is just as bombastic as Trump!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:15:14 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 12:18:08 am »

Feel free to suck both of them......but I'll pass.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 12:58:37 am »
Those who bolstered Trump ARE responsible for what happens.  I didn't vote for him in the primary, I didn't send him one dime  and I didn't make even one phone call for him, nor did I do anything to promote him. Just the opposite.  I voted for the most conservative candidate in the primary, I made numerous phone calls and spent countless hours promoting him and I donated as much $$ to help his campaign as I could afford. I and many others including pollsters warned that Trump was the least likely candidate to beat Hillary.  His bombastic, narcissistic behavior was apparent from the beginning. We warned that he was a liberal fraud, a psychopathic, demagogue who clearly has sociopathic tendencies, and now that he is self-imploding you want to accuse me of being responsible for the wrath of Hillary if Trump loses?  Are you out of your freakin' mind?  Your logic is just as bombastic as Trump!

If I am in a burning building with a large group of people (the American Nation), and I see the only way out of the building to save myself and my nation is through the sewer, which decision will I make?

Will I stay and burn so that I do not feel dirty? Or will I take the only available choice I have to save the nation. We may get dirty, and we may get burned, but as the idiom goes, it is better to live to fight another day.

These are only my opinions of myself, my own self musing. I am only expressing how I feel, as I always do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 01:03:00 am »
Feel free to suck both of them......but I'll pass.