Author Topic: Saving Speaker Ryan.. By Washington Examiner  (Read 563 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Saving Speaker Ryan.. By Washington Examiner
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:20:00 pm »
Saving Speaker Ryan
By Washington Examiner • 10/12/16 12:01 AM

House Speaker Paul Ryan explained to lawmakers on Monday that it is no longer politically or personally possible for him to campaign with, or defend, Donald Trump. Although Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell hasn't said the same thing explicitly, he appears to take much the same view. Both men have decided to focus their energy and attention on keeping Republican control of the House and Senate.

This is the right thing to do. They should deserve support as they perform this act of political triage and let individual members of Congress know that they will not face recrimination or retribution if they distance themselves from their party's presidential nominee.

Trump has apologized for the vulgar sexual comments he made in 2005, which were caught on tape and so-damagingly released last week. He has also said he is now a changed man. There is no need to doubt him on either count. But it's also the case that his apology and claim to have changed acknowledge blames for alienating people of good taste and judgment. So he is wrong to lay a charge of betrayal against Ryan and other elected Republicans officials for declining to support him wholeheartedly. The Speaker deserves support rather than condemnation for making the decision he has made.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/saving-speaker-ryan/article/2604320
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Saving Speaker Ryan.. By Washington Examiner
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 12:15:20 am »
I'm not sure Speaker Ryan WANTS to be saved; after all, he didn't want the job to begin with.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Saving Speaker Ryan.. By Washington Examiner
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 02:27:41 pm »
I called his office to express my disappointment.  He is a disgrace.

I let him know that his top priority is not preserving his job, it is to defend the Constitution and protect citizens from its abuse.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington