Author Topic: One month to go, Donald Trump pulls a Houdini and revives his campaign  (Read 586 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
One month to go, Donald Trump pulls a Houdini and revives his campaign
By Andrew Malcolm McClatchy Washington Bureau/(TNS)
Published Oct. 12, 2016

Donald Trump's Rocky-like debate comeback: How he attacked Hillary Clinton with a command of issue specifics. How focused he was recounting the nation's economic, political and foreign policy ills and tying her to them. And how Trump kept her on defense much of the night.

And, surprisingly, how complimentary he was at the end, saying he admired a fighter and she's a fighter.

Instead, we're writing about how the unmasked crude Trump merely managed to save his a-- within the deeply doubting party of Lincoln, whose members had begun looking for lifeboats a month out from E Day.

Strategically, Trump suddenly became the Prince of Pivoting, sometimes even pivoting from a pivot.

This second debate was personal, to be sure, like no Lincoln-Douglas debate almost exactly 158 years ago just upriver....
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1016/malcolm101216.php3#ASOQObVDMKxUlUHt.99
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline endicom

Re: One month to go, Donald Trump pulls a Houdini and revives his campaign
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 10:47:30 pm »
Did his campaign need reviving? The polls have been so erratic as to reveal no trend. I don't know who is ahead and doubt that anyone knows.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 11:02:43 pm »
Headline from an alternate dime-store dimension

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 11:08:32 pm »
Did his campaign need reviving? The polls have been so erratic as to reveal no trend. I don't know who is ahead and doubt that anyone knows.

Hillary.  By at least 8 points. Two major polls say so. 

Nobody wants this garbage in their living rooms for the next four years.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 11:10:10 pm »

Hillary has pretty much led the whole time. All primary polls showed her beating Trump and none of the other candidates. Very few polls ever had Trump in the lead in this race. except worthless online polls.