Author Topic: Glenn Beck: Electing Hillary Clinton ‘Is a Moral, Ethical Choice’  (Read 5327 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Rebecca Mansour10 Oct 2016

The Blaze founder Glenn Beck took to his Facebook page last Saturday to urge his followers to abandon support of Republican nominee Donald Trump, declaring that if such an action results in the election of Hillary Clinton, “so be it” because “[a]t least it is a moral, ethical choice.”

Beck’s latest missive was in response to the release of an 11-year-old hot-mic tape of Trump saying lewd things about women.

“If the consequence of standing against Trump and for principles is indeed the election of Hillary Clinton, so be it. At least it is a moral, ethical choice,” Beck wrote.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/10/glenn-beck-electing-hillary-clinton-moral-ethical-choice/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Glenn Beck: Electing Hillary Clinton ‘Is a Moral, Ethical Choice’
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 07:39:09 pm »
Yup.  Gone off the deep end he has.   

The words "moral"  and "Clinton"  do not belong in the same sentence. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 07:40:54 pm »
He didn't say voting for Hillary was the 'moral or ethical' thing to do.

He said it was your moral and ethical choice to abandon Trump and vote your values (my paraphrasing).

He wasn't saying Hillary was moral or ethical, he said your choice was moral and ethical.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 07:41:28 pm »
He's right, if only by reason of the explicit rejection of an alternative that is amoral and taints conservatism with its stink.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 07:43:14 pm »

He said it was your moral and ethical choice to abandon Trump and vote your values (my paraphrasing).

He wasn't saying Hillary was moral or ethical, he said your choice was moral and ethical.

Breitbart's title is misleading.  But then again, now that Breitbart is all in for Trump, a misleading story is not surprising.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 07:43:50 pm »
He's correct on this point, no matter how wrong he is on others. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 07:53:09 pm »
Glenn Beck is not voting for Hillary.
Here's some interesting reading for those interested in events that have actually occurred.

http://www.mediaite.com/…/no-glenn-beck-did-not-endorse-or…/

No, Glenn Beck Did Not Endorse or Say He Supports Hillary Clinton

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-glenn-beck-voting-for-hil

"The internet was set ablaze Monday with speculation that conservative media mogul Glenn Beck had decided to vote for Hillary Clinton.
But was there any truth to the hearsay? Not really.
The rumor mill started churning when Breitbart...which has a vendetta against Beck, photoshopped a photo of the conservative radio host with Clinton’s campaign phrase “I’m With Her” emblazoned on it...
But Beck made it clear to Vice News that, while he had pondered the idea, he could not pull the lever for Clinton in November. Instead, Beck said he would vote for Constitutional Party candidate Darrell Castle."

http://therightscoop.com/glenn-beck-ive-considered-voting-…/

"Beck says, of course, he’s not going to vote for Hillary Clinton at all. No surprise there.

Instead, he says he’s going to vote for Darrell Castle with the Constitutional Party."

http://hotair.com/…/glenn-beck-ive-considered-voting-hilla…/

Voting for Hillary Clinton..."He’s not going to do it, he says"

http://thehill.com/…/300352-glenn-beck-i-considered-voting-…

“I can’t do it, because she’s just a horse of a different color,” he added, saying that he had never considered voting for Trump, the Republican presidential nominee.
Beck said that he would vote for Darrell Castle, the Constitution Party presidential nominee.

http://www.theblaze.com/…/glenn-beck-ive-considered-voting…/

So who is Beck voting for in November? Darrell Castle, an attorney from Memphis, Tennessee, and the Constitution Party’s presidential nominee.

https://twitter.com/DarrellCastle/status/785600955022573568
Link
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:57 pm »

The Blaze founder Glenn Beck took to his Facebook page last Saturday to urge his followers to abandon support of Republican nominee Donald Trump, declaring that if such an action results in the election of Hillary Clinton, “so be it” because “[a]t least it is a moral, ethical choice.”

“If the consequence of standing against Trump and for principles is indeed the election of Hillary Clinton, so be it. At least it is a moral, ethical choice,” Beck wrote.

We can interpret what he meant, but the juxtaposition of the words Clinton/moral/ethical was done with specific deliberation.

Beck knew or should have known how this was going to 'look' to many people.

He is being evasive and deliberately ambiguous IMO.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 08:00:36 pm »
Trumpbart (formerly Breitbart) has become as insufferably dishonest as HuffPo and Politico in the Propaganda department.

Andrew is rolling in his grave.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline beandog

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 08:03:07 pm »
We can interpret what he meant, but the juxtaposition of the words Clinton/moral/ethical was done with specific deliberation.

Beck knew or should have known how this was going to 'look' to many people.

He is being evasive and deliberately ambiguous IMO.,
Who cares how it "looks" to other people.  The Donald certainly never cares how he "looks" to other people.  The bottom line is he is voting his conscience, which is for neither the Beast or the Donald.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 08:15:55 pm »
I like Beck and used to listen to his show everyday on the way home from work. That is until he changed into another 'crying preacher'. It turned me off not because of his message, but I couldn't take the over the top gushing emotional sermons that carried it.

I wonder if he becoming a little unstable. Not an insult. Just my own personal opinion. Nothing more.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 08:17:30 pm »
Beck endorsed Castle.

Breitbart should be put out of business for running blatant lies.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 08:20:40 pm »

That's how I read it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 08:23:33 pm »
Beck endorsed Castle.

Seems like Breitbart is seizing the opportunity to put a competing publication out of business.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 08:23:59 pm »

I find it detestable when partisans on either side try to score points by misquoting.  We have plenty of legitimate issues to debate without playing dirty.

Beck said that standing against Trump is a moral, ethical choice.  He did NOT say that voting for Clinton is one.  He opposes both candidates, and I have to agree with him.  He plans to vote 3rd party.  I'm too much of a realist to do that.

Breitbart should be ashamed.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 08:27:40 pm »
Beck endorsed Castle.

They would be out of business, but the Stormfront types need a gathering place.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 08:34:57 pm »
Beck endorsed Castle.

That should read Trumpbart.

Tribunes of the New Authoritarianism.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline endicom

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 08:36:00 pm »

Beck’s latest missive was in response to the release of an 11-year-old hot-mic tape of Trump saying lewd things about women.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/10/glenn-beck-electing-hillary-clinton-moral-ethical-choice/

The thing to note of the "moralists" is their utter egocentrism. They care not for the fate of the country or the world but only for their self-image.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 08:39:45 pm »

They will be part of the "TRUMP Media Empire®" soon....  :whistle:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 08:40:30 pm »
Yep. I was wrong. Beck did not put those words together. The article did.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 08:56:26 pm »
Oh please. He said no such thing. I would really like to know what Andrew would have to say about this election.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 08:58:40 pm »
Oh please. He said no such thing. I would really like to know what Andrew would have to say about this election.

Considering he hated pop culture, populism, and Trump, I think he would have left along with Shapiro and company.

https://alibertarianfuture.com/politics/andrew-breitbart-said-donald-trump-is-not-a-conservative-back-in-2011/
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:59:54 pm by AbaraXas »

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:32 pm »
Sorry, guys but I reread the quote several times ...abandon support of Republican nominee Donald Trump, declaring that if such an action results in the election of Hillary Clinton, “so be it” because “[a]t least it is a moral, ethical choice.”..it seems to me that he is indeed saying if you abandon Trump and it results in the election of Clinton at least it is a moral choice ... meaning Clinton is more moral than Trump. To me, neither one of them are fit to be our president! 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 09:01:47 pm »
Sorry, guys but I reread the quote several times ...abandon support of Republican nominee Donald Trump, declaring that if such an action results in the election of Hillary Clinton, “so be it” because “[a]t least it is a moral, ethical choice.”..it seems to me that he is indeed saying if you abandon Trump and it results in the election of Clinton at least it is a moral choice ... meaning Clinton is more moral than Trump. To me, neither one of them are fit to be our president!

You're going to have to live with Hillary, with the aid of an adoring Media getting her way on everything,  with a Rubber Stamp Republican Congress obliging.  As opposed to Trump who will be fought tooth-and-nail on everything, giving us Gridlock.  I'll take gridlock over Hillary.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:03:07 pm by dfwgator »

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 09:06:06 pm »
I think we all need to remember two very important things:

#1  This election is about the Supreme Court justices and the 2nd amendment.

#2  Unless a 3rd party candidate has qualified to be on the ballot as a write-in candidate in your state, and you write-in the candidate of choice, your vote will not count.

So far the only candidate that has qualified to actually be on the ballot in all 50 states is Gary Johnson.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.