Author Topic: Rush: Republicans Don't Want to Win  (Read 1228 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Republicans Don't Want to Win
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:18:21 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/10/11/republicans_don_t_want_to_win

Republicans Don't Want to Win
October 11, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  The one glaring thing in all of this, though, to me -- and I've been talking about this. I guess I delved into it extensively yesterday and a couple of times previous. You notice that the Democrats are totally unified.  I mean, you know they're dragging Algore back out? Algore is being dragged out of the Apple boardroom and wherever else he hangs out to go and rally Millennials on the premise that Millennials will respond to Algore's claim that we are destroying the planet and that he will get their attention.

Hillary's got some problems with Millennials. As is the case with that generation, they look like they're interested and all fired up and ready to go, and then Election Day comes. They really don't turn out in numbers that people expect and hope for.  Speaking of global warming and climate change, you know all these emails that WikiLeaks is dumping? I haven't found any on climate change.  We got emails from Hillary to her campaign staff and her campaign staff to Hillary.

We have emails from donors. We got thousands and thousands of emails here that have been leaked and dumped, and I can't find any reference to climate change.  Now, the reason I find that fascinating, 'cause it's the number one issue.  You know, Obama's out there saying it's the number one national security threat, and he's got his Joint Chiefs of Staff out there planning American battles, military engagements on that basis.

We are forward planning and strategic on what the planet will look like with climate change as we decide to go into various areas of the world if we have to.  I know it's absurd, but they're out saying so, and Hillary makes a big, big deal about climate change.  And yet I can't find them talking about it.  I can find them strategizing about any number of things in these WikiLeaks email dumps, but there's not a thread on climate change whatsoever.  Why is that?  If climate change were that big a deal to these people, don't you think they would be talking about it internally?

Strategizing how to use it, how to promote it, how to use it as a campaign aid? I can't find any reference to it.  And I'm not surprised by it.  The whole thing is bogus and made up, designed like they always do to scare you.  But, look, the bottom line is, folks: They are unified.  Their single objective is taking us out.  We do not have that.  Look at what's happening on our side.  I mean, it's atrocious.  It is actually embarrassing.

Here you have the Republican Party, and they had, what, 16, 15 candidates seek the Republican nomination?  And Donald Trump won it.  And they have been enraged actually since day one when Trump announced, and his statement did not result in a Trump implosion, and then future Trump statements and appearances did not result in a Trump implosion.  But the candidates that the Republican Party...They thought they had the best presidential field ever, and they hated and resented Trump for that.

But not a one of them could beat Trump.  So now they're looking at scapegoats.  They're looking here; they're looking at talk radio, other places.  But, as usual, they're ignoring the people.  They're ignoring their own voters.  Trump is winning not 'cause of talk radio, not because of this or that.  Trump is winning because people that vote Republican have been let down and disappointed one too many times, and their instinct is being borne out here.  The Republican Party is not interested in winning.

It clearly is not interested in winning.  And if you want to be even more specific than that, it is paramountly obvious that they're not even interested in defeating the Democrats.  Well, Republican voters are fed up with Democrats and Democrat policy.  Republican voters and people all over this country are fed up with what Democrat leftist policies are doing to this country, and they want it stopped, and the only agency that can stop it has been the Republican Party, and they have refused to!

The Republican Party has steadfastly sided with its donors and its lobbyists, and this is why we're where we are.  The Republican Party is in a predicament that it made itself.  It made its own bed, and now they don't want to lay in it.  Now they want to run from the bed that they made.  But this is a... It's a problem that need not exist, but it illustrates what we're all really up against here, and that is what has been called the establishment or the elites and whatever.

But it's comprised of both Republicans and Democrats and their membership in this club known as the establishment, party affiliation is second or third in terms of your qualifications to be in the club.  It's just mind-boggling.  All of these years I've been doing this program I was under the impression the Republican Party wanted to beat Democrats.  And as the years have gone by, it's become obvious to me that that's not their number one objective.

At the same time, it's abundantly clear the Democrats want to eliminate us.  They don't even want us around.  I think the Democrat attitude is, "You know, we've toyed with you people for all these years, and we've been faking you out.  We've been making it look like we want you in our club, but we really don't.  We don't want... You're nothing but a bunch of foils, and we don't need you anymore, and we're just gonna wipe you out.

"When this election is over, you're done, you're finished. There is no more GOP.  Don't care what you GOP leaders are thinking, you're not welcome. We don't want you in our club, and you're not gonna get in."  They are unified under the premise of total political annihilation.  We can't unify around a single premise!  Name one thing the Republican Party today could unify on.  You can't.  There isn't anything. (interruption) No, not getting rid of Trump because there's a slew of Republican voters that don't want to get rid of Trump.

The Republicans that want to get rid of Trump are a minority.  The Republicans that want to beat Democrats are a minority.  The Republicans that want to win the presidency this year are a minority.  Stop and think of that!  It's mind-boggling when you look at it just that way.  And now we have Republicans -- to one degree or another -- working as hard as the Democrats are to defeat Donald Trump.  Look, I know the drill.  They say he's not a Republican.  They say he's a Trojan horse or he's unacceptable or he's uncouth or whatever they say.

But the American people -- Republican voters especially -- are fed up with the status quo.  We can't stand any more! We don't want any more of what we've had to put up with for eight years and many years prior.  The country we know and love is being torn apart and rebuilt in ways that we don't want, and the Republican Party doesn't even seem to care about that.  The Republican Party seems just as eager as the Democrats to pronounce their voters as extreme kooks.  The Republican Party seems as eager as the Democrats to blame their number one and number two and number three promoters.

Where would the Republican Party being without talk radio the last 25 years?  And yet who now is enemy number one?  Talk radio! I don't know what I did to Michael Gerson, but he's back again in the Washington Post blaming everything Trump on me.  I haven't talked to Trump since he made his comments about McCain being captured; now he doesn't respect military guys that get captured.  When was that, last August?  But all that aside, isn't it just heart-stopping and mind-numbing when you stop and realize that the Republican Party doesn't want to win?

The Republican Party does not want to defeat Democrats.  The Republican Party and the conservative movement cannot unify around a single proposition, and the Democrats easily do.  They have total contempt for us.  Every person of any rank in the left, from voter on up to cabinet member to elected official in the Democrat Party, has contempt.  We are the number one enemy.  And they will put aside whatever differences they have.  This WikiLeaks document dump is showing -- it's demonstrating, it is illustrating -- that there is no boundary between the media and the Democrat Party, that it's one and the same.

Facebook sharing research with Hillary, John Harwood of the New York Times coordinating questions and so forth for Bill Clinton, CBS News giving questions for Clinton in advance for an interview -- and on and on and on it goes.  And over here is the Republican Party which seems to be relishing in guaranteeing defeat.  They somehow think that this is progress or positive? 

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Rush: Republicans Don't Want to Win
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 06:23:19 pm »
Been saying it for years.   The job of the Republican Party is exactly the same as that of the Washington Generals, for the Harlem Globetrotters.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 06:26:03 pm »
Trump is the only one who seems like he doesn't want to win.

If you were going to write a HBO drama about the worst possible candidate doing everything he could not to win, you couldn't write it better than Trump's campaign.

At that, we've seen this play out before. Suggested move everyone watch this week.

(if you forgot the plot, Brewester had to spend $30 Million in 30 days and leave nothing left to show for it, and if he did, he would inherit $300 Million. He found the best way to do this was to run for Mayor of New York, and he ran the worst possible campaign, his slogan was "Don't vote for me").

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 06:52:44 pm »
Here you go. Pill popping moron Douche and his idiot listeners are prepared to blame anyone but themselves for Trump's complete failure not just as a candidate, but as a human being.