Author Topic: Pat Robertson: Donald Trump 'Tried to Look Macho' in Comments on Groping Women  (Read 1798 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm glad we finally heard from Pat Robertson.

Christian Broadcasting Network founder Pat Robertson dismissed Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's 2005 tape where he bragged about groping women as an attempt to look "macho," though Southern Baptist ethicist Russell Moore has called the situation of evangelical leaders defending sexual assault "humiliating" and a "mess."
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-donald-trump-macho-groping-women-russell-moore-humiliating-mess-170693/#4FXxVyrKj1Fq4fD0.99

Offline beandog

I didn't know that was how men talked to look macho.  I thought that's how they talked to look like an a-hole.  Besides all the tRump supporters have told me that the Donald is an Alpha male, so why would he need to talk like this to look macho.  Everybody would aleady know he was "macho". :whistle:

Offline ABX

I didn't know that was how men talked to look macho.  I thought that's how they talked to look like an a-hole.  Besides all the tRump supporters have told me that the Donald is an Alpha male, so why would he need to talk like this to look macho.  Everybody would aleady know he was "macho". :whistle:

We don't. At least, not down here in the south, we were raised better than that. Speaking like what Trump did, down here, would get you knocked down a peg or two.

I guess that's just some of those New York Values we heard about.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I'm all for taking all of these so called "Christian Leaders" and sending them to a desert island armed only with a Bowie knife....

Check on them in about 6 months to see how things are going...  :whistle:

Offline dfwgator

"¿Quién es más macho?  Donald Trump o Yack Lord?"

Offline sinkspur

How do people like Bauer, Robertson, Jeffress, and Perkins look at themselves in the mirror?

THey are all phonies.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Agree with Robertson, the whole thing is a big joke.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Like Rush said, those who pushed the sexual revolution and abortion on us, are the ones frowning about the morals involved in this situation. Phonies.

Offline Night Hides Not

How do people like Bauer, Robertson, Jeffress, and Perkins look at themselves in the mirror?

THey are all phonies.

In their minds, Hillary is the anti-Christ, so they've put their faith in an equally flawed man.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Like Rush said, those who pushed the sexual revolution and abortion on us, are the ones frowning about the morals involved in this situation. Phonies.

Rush stopped being on the "cutting edge of societal evolution" the day he started hawking Marta's scarves.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ABX

Agree with Robertson, the whole thing is a big joke.

Its a joke until you look at all the rape and sexual assault accusations against Trump. That is no joke. It is no more of a joke than Bill Clinton's rape accusers. Have you ever read about the violent assault Trump did against his wife of the time, Ivana? (link only, language too rough for here).

http://gawker.com/the-time-donald-trumps-ex-wife-accused-him-of-brutally-1721129617

Offline ABX

In their minds, Hillary is the anti-Christ, so they've put their faith in an equally flawed man.

Some of them don't see him as equally flawed. Hannity compared him to King David. Another one compared him to Daniel. The list goes on and on. They have elevated him to a golden calf.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I'm all for taking all of these so called "Christian Leaders" and sending them to a desert island armed only with a Bowie knife....

Check on them in about 6 months to see how things are going...  :whistle:

I think that they are probably guilty themselves.  No true Christian armed with a Bible could defend any of this.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

Well she is AN anti-Christ,  just not THE anti-Christ.

Oceander

Hardly.  There are plenty of us non-liberals who are sticking to the absolute moral principles you trumpkins have recanted and who frown on Trump's immoral, criminal conduct as well.  We quite agree that the liberals are being hypocrites, but they are no more hypocritical than the trumpkins who defend Trump and excuse his behavior.

Offline Rivergirl

Rush is the last person on earth who's advice I want or need.
When the audience laughed at DT when he said he was a gentleman.....says it all.
He's a pig and so are the thrice married sycophants in his camp.  Seems even Levin is on his way to serial wives.
DT donated huge sums of money to various religious organizations..........that makes them prostitutes IMHO.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." -John Wayne

"In the days of chivalry, the golden age of our profession, knights (officers) were noted as well for courtesy and being gentle benefactors of the weak and oppressed. From their acts of courtesy and benevolence was derived the word, now pronounced as one, “gentle man.” We, too, are officers and gentlemen. Let us strive to live up to the high ideals of our military forbears. Let us be gentle. That is courteous and considerate for the rights of others. Let us be men. That is fearless and untiring in doing our duty as we see it." -Patton

"When a man gets married, he must be just as careful to keep his wife's love as he was to get it. It would be very sad for both of them if he said to himself, 'Now that I have you I need not worry about losing you'. Don't do that, ever!"-Patton

Just thought someone might need to see what Macho really sounds like.

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Rush is the last person on earth who's advice I want or need.
When the audience laughed at DT when he said he was a gentleman.....says it all.
He's a pig and so are the thrice married sycophants in his camp.  Seems even Levin is on his way to serial wives.
DT donated huge sums of money to various religious organizations..........that makes them prostitutes IMHO.

I think we could dig up lots of dirt on many Republicans.  Newt, Rush even Bill O'reilly.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.