Author Topic: Poor America: 7 In 10 Americans Have Less Than $1,000 In Savings  (Read 594 times)

rangerrebew

Poor America: 7 In 10 Americans Have Less Than $1,000 In Savings
October 10, 2016 | Planet Free Will | planetfreewill.com | 1,351 views

All day the political class will talk down to the American public about how they have the drive to cause an economic turnaround inside the U.S. and restore prosperity. Wielding their statist solutions to every government created distortion in the economy, the rhetoric from Washington dogmatizes an ongoing “recovery” produced by those that call themselves leaders.

“Anyone claiming that America’s economy is in decline is peddling fiction,” President Obama said in his State of the Union address earlier this year.

This week Obama came out and said that his administration has created a “more durable, growing economy” with “15 million new private-sector jobs since early 2010” in an essay in the Economist.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/poor-america-7-in-10-americans-have-less-than-1000-in-savings_102016
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:47:01 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline dfwgator

Re: Poor America: 7 In 10 Americans Have Less Than $1,000 In Savings
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 03:48:12 pm »
But they have big screen TVs and cell phones, and eat out every other night.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 03:48:29 pm »
To hear liberals talk about it, one would think this is the greatest economy since before economies existed. :wtf:

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 03:50:38 pm »
But they have big screen TVs and cell phones, and eat out every other night.

Those are only people on welfare that can have those things.  The rest of us are working to pay for them. :thumbsdown:

Offline Resp3

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 04:04:44 pm »
Related article. From 5 years ago....

Nearly Half of Americans Are ‘Financially Fragile’

By Phil Izzo

May 23, 2011 2:22 pm ET

Nearly half of Americans say that they definitely or probably couldn’t come up with $2,000 in 30 days, according to new research, raising concerns about the financial fragility of many households.

In a paper published by the National Bureau of Economic Research, Annamaria Lusardi of the George Washington School of Business, Daniel J. Schneider of Princeton University and Peter Tufano of Harvard Business School used data from the 2009 TNS Global Economic Crisis survey to document widespread financial weakness in the U.S. and other countries.

more....

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/05/23/nearly-half-of-americans-are-financially-fragile/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 06:17:26 pm »
Bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 10:23:08 am »
IMHO, I think it's a little of both -- people who refuse to save and people who can't afford to save.  Sometimes it's generational.  My parents grew up during the Great Depression.  They had to pinch every penny to survive.  They taught their children to do the same. 

But I have a friend about 12 years younger who never saves anything.  Last year she lost her job.  i paid her rent even though I'm retired and not exactly wealthy, till she fortunately landed another job 6 weeks later.  But do you think that job loss would have been an incentive to save?  No.  Her car is on its last leg and she really needs a new one.  But instead of putting money aside for it, she just bought a big screen tv.  Next time she loses her job or suffers some other reversal of fortune, I don't know if I'll bail her out again. 

On the other hand, I know a number of people who are just barely getting by.  Purchasing health insurance for themselves and their families takes a huge chunk out of every paycheck.  Then when the kids fall out of a tree or get sick, the deductibles and copays are enormous.  Then there is the cost of necessities like food, clothing and shelter.  I don't suppose these economics experts have been to a supermarket lately. 

Those who say the economy is much better under Obama are either lying or seriously delusional.