Author Topic: Don't let Trump's fans mislead you — we are, in fact, better than this  (Read 1367 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-2005-tape-excuse-2016-10

Don't let Trump's fans mislead you — we are, in fact, better than this

Josh Barro

1h L

Of all the ways Donald Trump and his supporters are defending him over the "p---y" tape, the argument that makes my jaw drop most is, "Who among us?"

We're all flawed, we're told. So who among us really has standing to criticize Trump for bragging that his celebrity status allows him to grab women's genitals without their permission?

"We all fall short of the glory of God," said Mike Pence, Trump's running mate, who has previously claimed to be a Christian first, a conservative second, and a Republican third.

"Men, at times, talk like that," Rudy Giuliani told CNN's Jake Tapper. (Giuliani demurred when Tapper followed up, "Have you talked like that?")

Trump himself hit his Republican critics not just for undermining the party's chances to win the election, but for being "self-righteous hypocrites."

Follow
 Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
So many self-righteous hypocrites. Watch their poll numbers - and elections - go down!
9:12 AM - 9 Oct 2016
  18,708 18,708 Retweets   51,266 51,266 likes

This is a window into Trump's view of humanity: He believes that, deep down, everybody else is as horrible as he is.

He is wrong.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say I doubt Utah Sen. Mike Lee is a hypocrite for denouncing Trump, because I doubt he has ever grabbed a woman's genitals without her permission, or bragged about doing so.

Most of us are better people than Donald Trump. I have standing to criticize him, because I am a better person than he is. You probably are, too.

I'm not a Christian, and I usually try to refrain from telling Christians how to apply their faith. But I'm appalled by the pass Trump gets from so many self-professed Christians despite having a personality that, more or less, consists of sin.

Trump is greedy. He is cruel. Boastful. Dishonest. Intemperate. Vain. And, now we know, he believes he is entitled to grab women's genitals without their permission.

Christian forgiveness is one thing — though my understanding is, forgiveness is supposed to be sought from God, which Trump says he has never done.

But even if you feel compelled to forgive Trump, that does not mean you should make him president. Especially since his sins are worse than most people's.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is not supposed to be an endorsement of moral nihilism, but a lot of Trump's supporters are twisting it into one.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Don't let Trump's fans mislead you — we are, in fact, better than this
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 11:37:29 pm »
If God didn't expect us to have standards in picking leadership the books of I Timothy, II Timothy, and Titus wouldn't be in the Bible. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline beandog

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 11:41:17 pm »
I am so disgusted with the supposed "conservatives" who are excusing the Donald's behavior, particularly the so-called "Christians".  If a demonrat had behaved like the Donald they'd all be screaming from the roof tops.  I can't even talk to my 81 year old mother without wanting to scream.  Her excuse that "all men talk and act like this" just disgusts me.  I'm also sick of the "Let he who is without ......"  These hypocrites cast stones every chance they get, it's only when the Donald behaves badly that we're supposed to turn the other check.  I'll cast stones against anyone who I feel deserves to have the stones cast.  What the hell do they think they're doing when they say things about the Beast and Billy Boy. 

I had to turn Mark Levin off tonight.  He has become one of them.  He's not simply voting for the Donald because he detests the Beast, he is now calling those who will not vote for the Donald names.  I am sick of each and every one of them. 22222frying pan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 11:43:28 pm »
Trump can't stand that most of the people he deals with and meets are better than he is.  He knows it, too.   And it makes him very angry.

That's why he has to put people down constantly.  It's really kinda pathetic, when you think about it. 

An old man, nearing the end of his life and he has never really felt good about himself.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 11:48:22 pm »
Defending Donny is a losing battle. When you have to start "Expletive deleted" your way through an argument, your finished.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 11:54:23 pm »
Defending Donny is a losing battle. When you have to start "Expletive deleted" your way through an argument, your finished.

@Frank Cannon

Thought you'd be interested in this, Frank:

An Adult Website Has Offered Ken Bone $100,000 to… You Know

http://www.mediaite.com/online/an-adult-website-has-offered-ken-bone-100000-to-you-know/

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 11:59:26 pm »

"I'm not a Christian, and I usually try to refrain from telling Christians how to apply their faith. But I'm appalled by the pass Trump gets from so many self-professed Christians despite having a personality that, more or less, consists of sin."

And that right there is why it's dangerous for Christians to support Trump.  It harms their witness and makes people think they're just a bunch of hypocrites.

Silver Pines

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 12:45:25 am »
@Frank Cannon

Thought you'd be interested in this, Frank:

An Adult Website Has Offered Ken Bone $100,000 to… You Know

http://www.mediaite.com/online/an-adult-website-has-offered-ken-bone-100000-to-you-know/

Wow. That sound TERRIBLE!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 12:52:34 am »
Brian Walsh ‏@brianjameswalsh  9m9 minutes ago
At rally tonight Trump reminding us again that he could care less if the GOP controls Congress or not. Fellow Republicans owe him nothing.