Author Topic: Trump, Clinton Made 2 Almost Unnoticed Admissions During Debate  (Read 256 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Trump, Clinton Made 2 Almost Unnoticed Admissions During Debate
Monday, October 10, 2016 02:30 PM

By: Theodore Bunker

During Sunday night's presidential debate, Republican candidate Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton each made a significant admission that some may have missed, The Washington Post reports.

Clinton appeared to confirm the authenticity of emails released by WikiLeaks on Oct. 7, containing excerpts from paid speeches she made in the past few years. In April 2013, she told the National Multi-Housing Council that politicians must have "both a private position and a public position," according to the Post.

At the debate, Clinton explained that quote by saying she was referring to the movie "Lincoln."

"You just have to sort of figure out how to — getting back to that word, 'balance' — how to balance the public and the private efforts that are necessary to be successful, politically, and that's not just a comment about today. That, I think, has probably been true for all of our history, and if you saw the Spielberg movie, 'Lincoln,' and how he was maneuvering and working to get the 13th Amendment passed," she said.

"I mean, politics is like sausage being made. It is unsavory, and it always has been that way, but we usually end up where we need to be. But if everybody's watching, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position."

Trump later made his own admission that "of course" he used his claim of a nearly $1 billion loss to avoid paying income taxes, after a back-and-forth with moderator Anderson Cooper.

"Did you use that $916 million loss to avoid paying federal income tax?" Cooper asked, according to The Hill.

"Of course I do. Of course I do," Trump replied. "And so do all of her donors, or most of her donors."

He then took aim at Clinton.

"She complains that Donald Trump took advantage of the tax code. Well, why didn't you change it?" he said. "The reason you didn't is because your friends take the same advantages that I do."

more
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=752615
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34