Author Topic: Trump And The Apostate Church: The Destruction Of A Testimony  (Read 900 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump And The Apostate Church: The Destruction Of A Testimony
« on: October 10, 2016, 06:27:50 pm »
....I’m really struggling right now.  Not with politics.  Politics is as ugly as I always know it to be.  I’m used to that.  Not just used to it, hardened and callused to it.  I choose to fight in the arena, but I do so only because I’m passionate about my principles.  And my principles are defined by my faith.

But right now my heart is struggling with everything I’ve ever believed.  My struggle is with the church.  I’m watching the reaction to how leaders in The Church, many whom I’ve known my entire life, are destroying their testimonies by not only accepting this reprobate- but are blasphemously using God’s Word to defend him!....

http://www.libertyjuice.com/2016/10/10/trump-and-the-apostate-church-the-destruction-of-a-testimony/

Silver Pines

Re: Trump And The Apostate Church: The Destruction Of A Testimony
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 11:55:46 pm »
@AbaraXas

Excellent article. 

I can relate personally to the issues described by the author.  My in-laws are strong Christians, but they've become Trumpbots.  My husband and I try to talk to them.  In response we get "but Hillary", and they'll try the false comparison with King David---but they won't look us in the eye when they do so.

I have a similar problem with two friends.  One is an evangelical Christian; she doesn't like Trump, but she's scared to death of Hillary.  Now that she's supporting him, she gets upset if I criticize him---I suspect because she wants to pretend her conscience is clear. 

The other friend is a conservative Catholic in New Jersey.  She has always sort of liked Trump---I think it's a New York/regional "he's one of ours" type of thing.  And again, she doesn't want to hear anything negative said about him...even now, after Friday's p-word video.

Things are really strained between us right now. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:18:03 am »
If my Catholic pastor voiced support for Trump, I'd pull my donations and find another church.

That's how serious this is. There's something wrong with enthusiastic supporters of Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 12:52:57 am »
If my Catholic pastor voiced support for Trump, I'd pull my donations and find another church.

That's how serious this is. There's something wrong with enthusiastic supporters of Trump.

I'm beginning to understand just how wrong.  Over at TOS, they're willing to lose a Republican majority in the Senate for their boy.  They refuse to vote downticket unless the GOP snaps to and kisses Trump's butt. 

Offline chae

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 12:58:47 am »
I've honestly had more reasoned discussions with Muslims about Mohammed and Sharia law then I've been able to have with Trump supporters.