Author Topic: The RNC Has Called a Meeting Tonight With Having Given No Agenda, or Reason  (Read 2835 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Emergency conference call tonight for key players....

....On top of all that are rumors that the RNC is considering withdrawing their support from the Trump campaign and diverting all funds to down ballot races that could use the extra help. With Trump's campaign akin to a lame horse, it would be considered a smart option to mitigate the damage as much as possible by securing house and senate seats.

And with that rumor hovering high in the air, the RNC has announced that it has called a conference call for its members this evening at 5pm EST. No agenda was given, but apparently the call is to last only 30 minutes....

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/10/10/rnc-called-meeting-tonight.-given-agenda-reason/

Offline dfwgator

The RNC Has Called a Meeting Tonight With Having Given No Agenda, or Reason

That's the RNC in a nutshell.

Offline sinkspur

Stay with Trump, go down to defeat for sure.

Back off Trump and watch Trump turn his fire on the GOP. 

This not only was predictable, it was predicted.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline r9etb

Ouch. 

The more painful for being true.

Offline Lando Lincoln

**sigh** 

So true.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

This is nothing more than hype.  They can't remove Trump or force him out; they can say that they are going to divert money to the House and Senate but people aren't stupid; these are the same people that handed Trump the nomination in the first place!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline r9etb

Emergency conference call tonight for key players....  "No agenda was given, but apparently the call is to last only 30 minutes...."

Coincidentally, the "Free the Delegates" crew has a 30-minute webcast about how RNC Rules 7-9 lay out "how the RNC can replace Donald Trump in 5 days."  :0001:

Seriously, though, unless there's been a huge backroom shakeup at the RNC, nothing's going to come of this "emergency call."

And, to be honest, I don't much care anymore.  The RNC helped to fill this cesspool, and they deserve to drown in it.

Offline LMAO

My prediction

Trump loses in Nov and runs 4 years later as an Independent
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Coincidentally, the "Free the Delegates" crew has a 30-minute webcast about how RNC Rules 7-9 lay out "how the RNC can replace Donald Trump in 5 days."  :0001:

Seriously, though, unless there's been a huge backroom shakeup at the RNC, nothing's going to come of this "emergency call."

And, to be honest, I don't much care anymore. The RNC helped to fill this cesspool, and they deserve to drown in it.

:amen:  You nailed it! Great choice of words.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

And, to be honest, I don't much care anymore.  The RNC helped to fill this cesspool, and they deserve to drown in it.

I predict it will be something along the lines of "if you are running for a seat, do what you need to do to protect that race, you aren't obligated to support the presidential candidate if it will hurt your specific race".

Offline r9etb

I predict it will be something along the lines of "if you are running for a seat, do what you need to do to protect that race, you aren't obligated to support the presidential candidate if it will hurt your specific race".

Probably so -- echoing Paul Ryan's comments.

Offline sinkspur

Ben JacobsVerified account
‏@Bencjacobs
Today is Trump's first public event since the "grab her by the bleep" tape was leaked. It is being held in Beaver County, PA.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

Interesting thing is they hounded and heavily criticized Cruz and as soon as he does this comes out!  Coincidence?  If you recall Priebus made a statement that he would punish those that didn't support Trump!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:53:09 pm by libertybele »

Offline GrouchoTex

Probably so -- echoing Paul Ryan's comments.

I think that is be what this is about, too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

‏@Bencjacobs
Today is Trump's first public event since the "grab her by the bleep" tape was leaked. It is being held in Beaver County, PA.
You cannot make this up.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

‏@Bencjacobs

I guess he felt it was a place he could grab onto.

Oceander

This is nothing more than hype.  They can't remove Trump or force him out; they can say that they are going to divert money to the House and Senate but people aren't stupid; these are the same people that handed Trump the nomination in the first place!

Actually, the people who handed him the nomination - the bleep - are phenomenally stupid. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

‏@Bencjacobs
They ought to have held it in Lancaster County, instead:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:56:11 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I vote for door #2.  Back off and let the chips or whatever fall where they may.  The GOP could not have a better enemy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

HonestJohn

My prediction

If he runs as an independent, he'll have to *actually* self-fund.  I don't think he will.  (If he survives the press investigations on his ties to Putin.)

Offline Leto

My prediction

He'd have to spend what little cash he has, OTOH he may be dead by then.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Night Hides Not

They ought to have held it in Lancaster County, instead:

My vote goes to Corvallis, OR.

Why do they need 30 minutes? It should take Priebus less than a minute to announce his resignation.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

Why do they need 30 minutes? It should take Priebus less than a minute to announce his resignation.

Which he should have done on November 9th, 2012.

Offline libertybele

That would be great although his damage is already done.